• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help removing country field in shipping estimator

treeman

Hi guys,

My problem is not a very difficult one and usually I am able to solve these kinds of obstacles with my level of php programming, but in this case I am a little bit stuck.

I got the shipping estimator module for my store so that customers can estimate shipping from the product info. All is well except I really want to remove the country field

as we do not do international shipping and everywhere else on the site country fields have been removed. So I tracked down this field to these lines in the code:

ENTRY_COUNTRY .' '. tep_get_country_list('country_id', $selected_country,'style="width=200"').'<br />';

}

Ok all looks easy so I tried to simply remove it but then the postcodes dont update.

Ok I figure it must be something to do with the variable $selected_country right?

I tried setting it manually to the country_id but I must be doing something wrong. It never updates the postcodes if I remove the above line or modify it in a way so that the country selection field does not show. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanx

Hi guys,

My problem is not a very difficult one and usually I am able to solve these kinds of obstacles with my level of php programming, but in this case I am a little bit stuck.

I got the shipping estimator module for my store so that customers can estimate shipping from the product info. All is well except I really want to remove the country field

as we do not do international shipping and everywhere else on the site country fields have been removed. So I tracked down this field to these lines in the code:

ENTRY_COUNTRY .' '. tep_get_country_list('country_id', $selected_country,'style="width=200"').'<br />';

}

Ok all looks easy so I tried to simply remove it but then the postcodes dont update.

Ok I figure it must be something to do with the variable $selected_country right?

I tried setting it manually to the country_id but I must be doing something wrong. It never updates the postcodes if I remove the above line or modify it in a way so that the country selection field does not show. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanx

Where you get the shipping estimator module? Is it a contribution? Could you please provide a link which you used for me? Thanks.

You could try something like this

In catalog/create_account.php

change:

CODE

tep_get_country_list('country')

to

CODE

tep_get_country_list('country', '150')

change 150 (Netherlands) to 222 for UK or to 223 for US etc etc

You can do the same for (if people want to change address at checkout):

catalog/includes/modules/checkout_new_address.php

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.