• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

a lot of things taking 2 tries to work?

sackling

Hello,

I have been working on a site for a while that was designed by someone else. I use oscommerce a lot for my other sites and have never had a problem like this...

I first noticed it when trying to use the contribution discount coupon codes, but now I am noticing it when trying to just log in(there used to be no login per se only a login at checkout process)

I am pretty sure that both of these problems are the same issue.

Here is what happens at login.php:

THe user types the user name/pass and is then redirected to the main page. however the user is not logged in. If the user clicks login again it will ask for the user/pass again and will again redirect to the homepage however this time the user is logged in.

for the coupon codes contribution:

the user types the code in then proceeds to the next step. on checkout_confirmation the discount is not shown. If the user goes back a page and reenters the code, the discount is then shown on the checkout_confirmation page.

So you see that these database interactions seem to take 2 tries.

***This only happens the first time the user tries to do this. If the user does the 2 attempts then logs out then tries to login again it works on the first try. same goes for the coupon codes try again after the first 2 times and it works flawlessly.

What could be causing this behavior? any ideas are greatly appreciated,

Rob

Archived