• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

feedback required on new look

comics-r-us

hi

i posted i note about a week ago but did not get much feed i would like a bit more please i know its a basic osc lay out i just wanted some thing simple and easy

is there any that needs to be added to the site or is there something that should be taken off/alltered

as iam only being do this for a month so a iam still learning

one the main concerns i have is the secuirty of the site

any feed back neg or pos would be great full

phil

hi

i posted i note about a week ago but did not get much feed i would like a bit more please i know its a basic osc lay out i just wanted some thing simple and easy

is there any that needs to be added to the site or is there something that should be taken off/alltered

as iam only being do this for a month so a iam still learning

one the main concerns i have is the secuirty of the site

any feed back neg or pos would be great full

phil

here is the site My link

If you have already a 1 week old topic, asking feedback for your site, then there is no reason to start a new one. Also not if you think that you didn't got "enough feed". You still got some, that means some people took the time to take a look at your site.

And you got that feedback even you just use a ready made template, so it's like asking for feedback for the template's maker's work.

And finally you don't even have the "powered by osCommerce" in your footer, and thats against the rules here, you may like that rule or not, but after it is a rule, it has to be followed.

We are all guest here, taking advantage of the work of other people that is offered for free, I think that at least some appreciation to this is necessary.

Anyway, I suggest you place the footer back and you put some work on your own into the site.

And finally you don't even have the "powered by osCommerce" in your footer, and thats against the rules here, you may like that rule or not, but after it is a rule, it has to be followed.

the osc logo is already in the footer

many thanks phil

change the font for the product name on the listing, it is I think ""times new roman, rest looks like it is "arial" which has a much cleaner look on screen.

make the left column wider so your catagories won't wrap around that much

loose the visitor box bottom right - why would I care ?

fonts on the product info page are too large to my liking (but that might just be me ...) btw, I use Firefox 3.0, other browsers might be different (make sure to test with IE 6, 7 en google chrome

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

Just had a quick lok at your site, and what an awfull template that is.(only my opinion) It looks terrible. I am sure that if you looked at websites of your competitors not one of them would be anything like your store. Read some article on the web about web design and see how your store fits in with others ideas on design.

As to the site itself.

You still have those silly oscommerce cartoon images at the top of every page. If you like them keep them. Most people do remove them. Whilst you are removing stuff remove the message at the bottom of your product info pages that tells me when a product was aded. I dont need to know that.

There are also too many different text styles and font sizes throughout your store. Select one and keep to it.

The text being centered in the index page and your information pages looks wrong.

It looks like you do not have an SSL on the site, you really need one especialy as you state that your site is secure in your privacy page.

You dont seem to have specific metatag or keywords on your product pages, or any pages for that matter, so you really need to add one of the add ons. You should also add a site map contribution to help the search engines. There are many in the add ons section. Read up on SEO and implement it in your store. Its no use having a store if no one can find it.

Your product images slow the whole page loading. Add an image contribution. The product images are also square, and when i click enlarge they go long. That needs sorting.

You have top and header in your top nav bar. Why do you need both as they both point to the same place.

No where on your site can i find any contact details about your business. This will put a lot of people off.

I am sure with a lot more work you will get there.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

There are also too many different text styles and font sizes throughout your store. Select one and keep to it.

hi steve

i tryed to alter these in the main style steet but with no luck is there a add on that makes it easy to change the font /size for the hole site in one go

many thanks phil

ps i have alted a few of the things as you mentioned the main one being the pictures when you have fresh eyes looking at it you pick up the problems

Archived