• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Cross Sell (X-Sell) Admin

dreamscape

• 2 weeks later...

HEEEELLLLPPPP

I've installed the x-sell contrib Here and it's not quite working. Everything appears in admin, i can cross sell an item and it appears on my shop.

but if i try to remove it i can't. The box is unticked in admin but the cross sold item still appears on my shop.

The cache dir is 777 and has a directory created for the product ive updated, but it's still there when i have unticked it in admin and i can't delete it :'(

Any ideas?

HEEEELLLLPPPP

I've installed the x-sell contrib Here and it's not quite working. Everything appears in admin, i can cross sell an item and it appears on my shop.

but if i try to remove it i can't. The box is unticked in admin but the cross sold item still appears on my shop.

The cache dir is 777 and has a directory created for the product ive updated, but it's still there when i have unticked it in admin and i can't delete it :'(

Any ideas?

im also having this problem does anyone no a fix for it yet?

Hi! :)

I want to thank everybody who worked on this module! Great job! It's exactly what I needed. :)

Now, I have some questions:

1. What changes do I have to make and where so that the BUY 1 (product name) NOW reads BUY NOW ?

2. Is there an easier way of adding "we recommend..." to the shopping cart rather than installing X-sell contribution?

3. how do I change it so I after I add the recommended product to the shopping cart (the shopping cart is shown) and click continue shopping I am taken back to where I left from instead of being taken to the recommended product's info page?

Thank you again for the time, effort and patience you put in this contribution!

My webpage is at www.magicsenses.com and I really hate my buy button... :(

Edited by magicsenses

HEEEELLLLPPPP

Any ideas?

I am also having this problem can anyone figure it out?

Unistalling what didn't help.

My last post was quite simple i think.

remove the newest version that has caching in it

Install a previous version without caching

I am having the same issue. When I set up a cross sell item, a cache folder (eg. DIR_FS_CACHE_XSELL39) is placed in my Catalog directory for every item I set cross selling up for. And unless I delete this folder, I can not update/edit the cross sell items in my store. I can make all the edits in the Admin that I want, but they are not reflected in the store.

I am not sure how to remove, or "uninstall" the caching version. So I just installed the pre-caching version over the caching version. Should that work? It did not fix the problem.

If it is escential to uninstall the caching version, please tell me how that is done.

Cheers!

Hi there, im also having the same issues as above.

Ive got the basic design pack installed with a couple of mods as well. If I use the Xsell feature then all the buttons are huge and look quiffed. You can see the results of what I mean here

Things still to do before going "live" in no real order...

Change "buy now buttons" css styles

Change "lets see what we have here" into something meaningfull

Main logo of the website

Sort out currency to make site UK only (at present)

Remove "xx requests since" stuff

Update mainpage :D

Move shopping cart status into header

Add in stock status to product listing page

Define styles for product listing standardisation

Change CSS background for Headings

Increase Category size headings

Used mods so far:- basic_design_pack1mk7 | Google XML sitemap w admin | Paypal IPN v 1.2 | Feedmachine | pricematch_1_3_1 | Dynamic Sitemap 1.6 | Whos online Enhancement | Easypopulate 2.72

Each one that I solve I;ll be putting a post on the forum in a "completed shop" thread that Im writing up

Small update. I Just worked out that you can edit the following in

define('TEXT_BUY', 'Buy 1 \'');

define('TEXT_NOW', '\' now');

catalog\includes\languages\english\xsell_products.php

The link is formed in the xsell_products.php in the main modules dir. Problem is I really dont understand enough about how the link is formed to make any changes. Its calling the product title as a link, if that link can be changed to just "buy" then that would solve it, as it shows the product name when listing it.

Things still to do before going "live" in no real order...

Change "buy now buttons" css styles

Change "lets see what we have here" into something meaningfull

Main logo of the website

Sort out currency to make site UK only (at present)

Remove "xx requests since" stuff

Update mainpage :D

Move shopping cart status into header

Add in stock status to product listing page

Define styles for product listing standardisation

Change CSS background for Headings

Increase Category size headings

Used mods so far:- basic_design_pack1mk7 | Google XML sitemap w admin | Paypal IPN v 1.2 | Feedmachine | pricematch_1_3_1 | Dynamic Sitemap 1.6 | Whos online Enhancement | Easypopulate 2.72

Each one that I solve I;ll be putting a post on the forum in a "completed shop" thread that Im writing up

I am having the same issue. When I set up a cross sell item, a cache folder (eg. DIR_FS_CACHE_XSELL39) is placed in my Catalog directory for every item I set cross selling up for. And unless I delete this folder, I can not update/edit the cross sell items in my store. I can make all the edits in the Admin that I want, but they are not reflected in the store.

I am not sure how to remove, or "uninstall" the caching version. So I just installed the pre-caching version over the caching version. Should that work? It did not fix the problem.

If it is escential to uninstall the caching version, please tell me how that is done.

Cheers!

To install it just go back to your backed up files.

Or go through the install doc and do the oposite to what it says

To install it just go back to your backed up files.

Or go through the install doc and do the oposite to what it says

Thanks for the reply.

I can "do the oposite" of all the change text parts, but how do you do the oposite of uploaded php files, or sql imports?

I can go back to on eof my backed up files, I just thought others might have had this problem (which they have), and so someone might have found a fix.

I'm having a problem with x-sell.

When I choose the 'slaves' produtcs, then when I get back to the main grid, that products repeats. The same product appear 3 times. So if I choose 3 products I get 9 lines. In the shop I think are ok.

Thank you.

Is there any way I could possibly import by model number instead of products_id and xsell_id? I have a database that has companion products in it by model number's and with over 25000 products I don't have the time to visit every product to add a xsell item to it. Rather I'd like to be able to import via my tables via ODBC as there are 100000+ lines. I have tried modifying the database fields as products_model and xsell_model but I'm not great at coding obviously. I have also tried to mod the xsell_products_buynow.php in includes/modules/ but I'm having great difficulty with simply replacing the products_id with products_model and the xsell_id with xsell_model as I have done in this case.

My xsell_products_buynow.php is as follows:

<?php
/*
$Id: xsell_products.php, v1  2002/09/11

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
<http://www.oscommerce.com>

Copyright (c) 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

if ($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']) {
$xsell_query = tep_db_query("select distinct p.products_id, p.products_image, pd.products_name, p.products_model, p.products_tax_class_id, products_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_XSELL . " xp, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where xp.products_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and xp.xsell_id = p.products_model and p.products_model = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "' and p.products_status = '1' order by xp.products_model asc limit " . MAX_DISPLAY_ALSO_PURCHASED);
$num_products_xsell = tep_db_num_rows($xsell_query);
if ($num_products_xsell >= MIN_DISPLAY_XSELL) {
?>
<!-- xsell_products //-->
<?php
  $info_box_contents = array();
  $info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'left', 'text' => TEXT_XSELL_PRODUCTS);
  new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false);

$row = 0;
  $col = 0;
  while ($xsell = tep_db_fetch_array($xsell_query)) {
	$xsell['specials_new_products_price'] = tep_get_products_special_price($xsell['products_id']);

if ($xsell['specials_new_products_price']) {
  $xsell_price =  '<s>' . $currencies->display_price($xsell['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($xsell['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</s><br>';
  $xsell_price .= '<span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($xsell['specials_new_products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($xsell['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>';
} else {
  $xsell_price =  $currencies->display_price($xsell['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($xsell['products_tax_class_id']));
}
	$info_box_contents[$row][$col] = array('align' => 'center',
										   'params' => 'class="smallText" width="33%" valign="top"',
										   'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'xsell_id=' . $xsell['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $xsell['products_image'], $xsell['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a><br><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $xsell['products_id']) . '">' . $xsell['products_name'] .'</a><br>' . $xsell_price. '<br>');
	$col ++;
	if ($col > 2) {
	  $col = 0;
	  $row ++;
	}
  }
  new contentBox($info_box_contents);
if (MAIN_TABLE_BORDER == 'yes'){
 $info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'left',
							'text'  => tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '1')
						  );
 new infoboxFooter($info_box_contents, true, true);
}
?>
<!-- xsell_products_eof //-->

<?php
}
 }
?>

If anyone can help me figure this out I would greatly appreciative!

MLHmptn

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to get X-sell working properly and I've encountered a problem................

I have an item Product X which has some custom features which can be selected from drop-downs etc as set up in admin in the "product attributes" area.

I assign some items to be "cross sold" with product X.

When product X is in my cart I can add some recommended extra products from the X-Sell area at the bottom of my cart. If I select an extra product, product Y, it's put in my cart as normal but it attempts to assume similar product attributes to product X.

Product Y has no custom features and the cart lists next to product Y " - Array" as the code tries to assign some attributes.

Is this a bug or have I missed something?

Has anybody else had this problem?

Trying to get X-sell working properly and I've encountered a problem................

I have an item Product X which has some custom features which can be selected from drop-downs etc as set up in admin in the "product attributes" area.

I assign some items to be "cross sold" with product X.

When product X is in my cart I can add some recommended extra products from the X-Sell area at the bottom of my cart. If I select an extra product, product Y, it's put in my cart as normal but it attempts to assume similar product attributes to product X.

Product Y has no custom features and the cart lists next to product Y " - Array" as the code tries to assign some attributes.

Is this a bug or have I missed something?

Has anybody else had this problem?

I've only got one item on my site that has attributes but no xsell items. I've added one onto it to test it, and i can add the xsell item and the item with attributes with no problems

I installed it and I get the follwoing errors

Warning: fopen(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 10006 is not allowed to access .... owned by uid 48

Warning: fopen(tmp/8/1-0.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource

It seems to create the directories but it cannot create files.

To make Xsell works as a charm and the caching feature aswell:

-----------------------------------------------------------

Add to catalog/admin/include/configure.php

define('DIR_FS_CACHE_XSELL', '../Your/cache/directory/');

It's REALLY IMPORTANT that you point correctly inside the admin/include/configure to the right path

or when you will be updating the cross sales the cache will not delete the cached products.

If you have cache dir into catalog/cache for example you have to put like this in admin :

define('DIR_FS_CACHE_XSELL', '../cache/');

since the configure starts always from the admin dir itself

While the catalog configure can be pointed to :

define('DIR_FS_CACHE_XSELL', '/Your/cache/directory/');

This way it will correctly update the cross sales :)

The function was clear, just a path prob!

I updated the contribution with this new instruction for newcomers! :lol:

Advice on forum are Free, Email or Pm to fix your site is work...which I charge for :)

-------------------

It's REALLY IMPORTANT that you point correctly inside the admin/include/configure to the right path

or when you will be updating the cross sales the cache will not delete the cached products.

If you have cache dir into catalog/cache for example you have to put like this in admin :

I was having the same problem and this fixed it. Thanks Freeman!!

Lisa

• 2 weeks later...

Hi There,

I have this contribution working fine on my site for a while now.

Wanted to make some changes:

1. Make the cross Sell products appear in a list format below the product.

2. Currently it only displays 6 items, I need it to display as many as are assigned to the product.

3. Is it possible to display all cross sell items under a tab funtion that I have on my site for Accessories.

Appreciate your help!

Kunal

• 2 weeks later...

OK.. I followed the steps by Freeman.

My store has no catalog folder. Everything is in root directory. i.e. www.store.com

So my cache folder named is "xsell" with chmod 755

My - Add to /admin/include/configure.php

define('DIR_FS_CACHE_XSELL', 'xsell/');

AND

My Add to /include/configure.php

define('DIR_FS_CACHE_XSELL', 'xsell/');

When i make new entries it creates a subfolder in the xsell folder which contains a php file.

(cache folder) xsell

(subfolder) = (php file) -->12 = *.php

(subfolder) = (php file) -->14 = *.php

If I update the existing cross selling item by adding or removing an item.

It does not update the *.php files in the xsell - subfolder.

I have to delete the subfolders in the xsell and then re-visit the items to generate a new files with updates.

Even if i change the CHMOD to 777 to all of the subfolders and php files in the xsell folder.

It will not update the existing file. I can only add new cross selling items.

Does this mean i have to turn on the CACHING in the configuration menu?