• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Cross Sell (X-Sell) Admin

dreamscape

Ok thier is like 3-4 different verisons of this mod. Which one is which. All i want to do is just display a few simple images below the product decription. I am having a lot of problems with this since thier are some many of these by the same person.

I have "X-Sell v2-MS2 - Cross Sell for MS2 (25 Apr 2005)" installed. It works great expept that the "Buy Now" button is not adding products to the cart. I have posted and asked for help, but no solution thus far. I just commented out the button for now.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm upgrading my previous version of X-Sell to the latest one and I'm doing some improvements. I will follow this thread for any bug report and I will publish version v3.0 soon. It's so a mess in the contributions section so I think it's better to start with a new version number.

As I have a big shop, I will try to add a textbox where you can directly enter the product number/code that you want to manage. No need anymore to show >30 pages of products.

Didier.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_not_null() in /home/texascam/public_html/store/includes/classes/language.php on line 74

I get that error when i installed it. When i restore the application_top.php it is fine. Any ideas?

Okay..see what we can do for you. The only change in application_top.php is on the admin side. You have to add

// define for X-Sell
 define('TABLE_PRODUCTS_XSELL', 'products_xsell');

It is not possible that this messes up things.

Else, what is not working with this mod ? Just shouting "Nothing from it is showing, ..." does not help us much here :'( . Can you see some X-sell products in your product_info page ?

Did you change in module/xsell_products.php the line

if ($num_products_xsell >= MIN_DISPLAY_ALSO_PURCHASED) {

? MIN_DISPLAY_XSELL is not used here.

Also, this thread is only for the X-Sell v2-MS2 - Cross Sell for MS2 contribution and not for "Cross Sell" contribution. Forget that one.

Didier.

*After browsing endless pages here...*

Can someone show me a live site where this contrib is being used on please?

And am I correct in thinking that this contrib allows you to pair up products in advance which then later will be cross promoted? Instead of randomly pulled suggestions from a pre-set category?

Thanks.

Joe

Johan a.k.a. T0PS3O elsewhere.

Contributed Barclay's ePDQ Payment Module though not originally mine. Made it work though...

See here a product from my live shop

http://shop.e-graphics.ch/catalog/product_...roducts_id/1031

I also promotes 6 other products that I have linked to my main product. You can also choose the order of X-Sell products promotion. There is no limit of the number of X-Sell products linked.

Didier.

It is possible to add cross sell to the shopping cart page - shopping_cart.php

This would be a great addition to this

Thanks

Elizabeth

Has anyone done this yet?

Tim,

I'm working on it for the next version, I received the code from Elizabeth so I will add it the next version. I did some really nice improvements to this contribution as if you have > 1000 products it's just not simple enough to use. Now, you can choose to work on only 1 product instead of selecting a product from the list, I've added images fro each product, etc...

It should be ready in a couple of days.

Didier.

I'm having problems with te buy_now-link. (I'm using the xsell_products_buynow.php version) The link goes to the product_info page, instead of taking it into the cart.

The buy_now-link is:

I think the problem is that the products_id is mentioned twice.

But when I make a link hardcoded (just like one in product_listing.php) , the link becomes correct, but the link goes to the product_info page too.

Can anybody help, please?

Did you figure out how to fix this prolem?

I am now in the same boat as you.

Please help.

Kunal

• 2 weeks later...
Tim,

I'm working on it for the next version, I received the code from Elizabeth so I will add it the next version. I did some really nice improvements to this contribution as if you have > 1000 products it's just not simple enough to use. Now, you can choose to work on only 1 product instead of selecting a product from the list, I've added images fro each product, etc...

It should be ready in a couple of days.

Didier.

That would be great, as this is an excellent contribution, but I just don't have time to sort through 300 pages. I have 3000+ products... Is there a way to increase the product listing per page in admin? Maybe 100 to a page vs. just 10-15?

Also, is there a way to resize the admin images? They are HUGE and they are all distorted. I realize this is a minor issue, but it's a little annoying.

Other than that, it works great!

My cross sell is showing items that was sold with it.

I've got the X-Sell installed along with Show Sold Items and it is working fine exept for one thing. When an item is sold it still shows up but is marked as sold. The problem is that the items that were purchased together show up in the cross-sell.

For Instance:

If I have product CJE044 crosssed with CJN044 it works perfect. But if a customer buys CJE044 and CJE068, then these two get cross-linked. The original cross link still works fine though, there's just an extra one between the items that were sold togther. Here's a link to the above example with CJN044BL01A.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanx, Dave.

anyone ever create soemthing that would cross-sell items from different categories (instead of manually picking each cross-sell) have all t-shirts crosssell with random pants and shoes, earings with bracelets etc

when there are over 1000 products its kinda a pain to cross sell each item

and if not that what about if i cross sell one item (for example: product A) with product C then Product C automatically cross sell's Product A

Edited by theman

anyone ever create soemthing that would cross-sell items from different categories (instead of manually picking each cross-sell) have all t-shirts crosssell with random pants and shoes, earings with bracelets etc

when there are over 1000 products its kinda a pain to cross sell each item

and if not that what about if i cross sell one item (for example: product A) with product C then Product C automatically cross sell's Product A

^^^ :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

I have recently opened a vinyl decal web store running OSC. I am using the X-Sell contrib to direct users to other decals that are of a similar nature as the product they are currently viewing. This is mainly due to the fact that I may have several different designs for the same 'subject' decal. For example, I've got several different variations of 'Redneck' decals.

The question that I pose is this, is there a way to use X-Sell as I am now to select the similar products, but then have it automatically set recipriocal links to the 'master' product and all the other 'child' products for each of the 'child' products?

If this isn't clear, this is what I'd like to accomplish. I have three different Redneck decal products: RN1, RN2, RN3 . I use the interface and chose RN1. I then add RN2 and RN3 to be xsell/child products of the parent RN1. Now here's the hook. At this point, I'd like to be able to have RN2 have xsell/child products RN1 and RN3 as well as RN3 to have xsell/child products RN2 and RN3 without having to go to each one and hand select them.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to modify the contrib to go about accomplishing this?

Does anyone have any ideas on how to modify the contrib to go about accomplishing this?

What your talking is a kind of 'product groups' or groupings. This contribution doesn't do this - tho it may be worth seeing if another one would, as a variation on the theme.

Modifying it to do this would not be a simple job. But not as big as what some people attempt with OSC. Somewhere around medium complexity - probably involving an extra table or two in the database and a - probably simpler than the x-sell one - new interface.

Hope this helps!

Edited by Pharkie

What your talking is a kind of 'product groups' or groupings. This contribution doesn't do this - tho it may be worth seeing if another one would, as a variation on the theme.

Thanks for the reply. Please excuse my ignorance, but are you referring to other contributions that are similar to x-sell?

Thanks for the reply.  Please excuse my ignorance, but are you referring to other contributions that are similar to x-sell?

Yeah, have you looked through all the similar contributions, available from the Contributions section of the website? I expect there's quite a few that are reasonably similar, one of which might do what you need?

Adam