• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Cross Sell (X-Sell) Admin

dreamscape

1 More issue in addition to the above. After hours of scouring the forums. I have .htaccess and htpassword_oscommerce all OK but when the client tries to set products via the xsell admin area the products don't assign but when I do them on my PC they do???? anyone have an idea or some advice.

1 More issue in addition to the above. After hours of scouring the forums. I have .htaccess and htpassword_oscommerce all OK but when the client tries to set products via the xsell admin area the products don't assign but when I do them on my PC they do???? anyone have an idea or some advice.

In reference to my post: I have nailed the issue to been just on Internet Explorer for some reason. I have the client running on Google Chrome now with no issues. No issues on Safari or Fire Fox either... IE?? Why the issue?

Edited by Mindbullet

I'm a dummy I should have done a quesck search then just post a new topic like I did..... here's what I posted in the topic. I hope I can finally figure out how to fix this issue

So I thought I'd try this again and see if anyone may know the answer. I asked this almost 2 years ago when I added this to our page. Basically when I add the products to xsell my as I call it "bubble" isn't white. As you can see in this link....... http://playersink.com/product_info.php?products_id=7193&osCsid=aeiqd26s4q6ovadlld7kinap71 ........ the main product description bubble is white but the xsell product is not. I was told that I must have a different template type because they never seen this before but didn't say how to go about fixing it. I know just enough php to be dangerous so I rather not go through and start messing with things just to do it. What we have works but it's just not clean and uniform.

Ideas on how to fix this? If you want to see any of the php or anything please just ask and I'll post. I'd love to get this working right finally :)

Thanks all!

Maybe it is already asked,

But I have installed V3.0 Slightly adapted for use with OSC 2.3.1

At the admin site it seems to work perfect, but see anything on the catalog site, what can I have done wrong

Thx in advance, Mario

Anyone got x-sell to work on osc 2.3.1?

I got so far that its working in admin and i can create a cross sale. But it wont show up on products_info

Any one that have succeeded?

Turn off the cash it worked for me

Grtz Mario

Hi,

I'm using Oscommerce 2.3.1 and i ve tried to install the XSELL.

In the Admin page is everything all right...

I creat the table.from the sql.

But in product info i'm having a little problem...This is the problem..

1146 - Tabela 'ambiancebijoux06.TABLE_PRODUCTS_XSELL' não existe

select distinct p.products_id, p.products_image, pd.products_name, p.products_tax_class_id, products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, specials_new_products_price from TABLE_PRODUCTS_XSELL xp left join products p on xp.xsell_id = p.products_id left join products_description pd on p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '2' left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where xp.products_id = '436' and p.products_status = '1' order by sort_order asc limit 6

[TEP STOP]

Can anyone help me???

Tks,,,

I cant get the page to work right still like in my last post but there is one thing I'd love to do that I know I can get help with. I'd like to have the page drop down menu that's on the bottom also be available on the top of the list. I've tried to edit this myself but must be missing a line of code some where cause I can't get the page to reload after correctly. Can anyone help me out with the full code I'd have to place up top?

For the 2.3.1 version of X-Sell here: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8330/v,23

In the instructions look for a typo, the word but should be the word buy, see red text below.

* STEP 14 *

In catalog/includes/application_top.php

Find this:

if ($HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] == 'buy_now') {

$parameters = array('action', 'pid', 'products_id');

} else {

$parameters = array('action', 'pid');

}

REPLACE with this:

// BOE: XSell

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['product_to_buy_id'])) {

$parameters = array('action', 'pid', 'products_to_but_id');

} else {

}

// EOE: XSell

} else {

}

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

Hi,

I'm using Oscommerce 2.3.1 and i ve tried to install the XSELL.

In the Admin page is everything all right...

I creat the table.from the sql.

But in product info i'm having a little problem...This is the problem..

1146 - Tabela 'ambiancebijoux06.TABLE_PRODUCTS_XSELL' não existe

select distinct p.products_id, p.products_image, pd.products_name, p.products_tax_class_id, products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, specials_new_products_price from TABLE_PRODUCTS_XSELL xp left join products p on xp.xsell_id = p.products_id left join products_description pd on p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '2' left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where xp.products_id = '436' and p.products_status = '1' order by sort_order asc limit 6

[TEP STOP]

Can anyone help me???

Tks,,,

Can anyone help me with that?

in product_info.php shows these:

1146 - Tabela 'ambiancebijoux06.TABLE_PRODUCTS_XSELL' doesn't exist

[TEP STOP]

But I created the sql file...

I dont know how to fixed these...

Can anyone help me with that?

in product_info.php shows these:

1146 - Tabela 'ambiancebijoux06.TABLE_PRODUCTS_XSELL' doesn't exist

[TEP STOP]

But I created the sql file...

I dont know how to fixed these...

Make sure you did step 4

* STEP 4 *

In catalog/includes/database_tables.php

Find the ENDING:

?>

Insert this BEFORE:

// XSell

define('TABLE_PRODUCTS_XSELL', 'products_xsell');

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

Hello,

I am French,

I have this error message in the catalog:

Warning: include(includes/languages/french/modules/boxes/bm_featured.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in Z:\xampp\htdocs\catalog\includes\classes\osc_template.php on line 86

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/languages/french/modules/boxes/bm_featured.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;\xampp\php\PEAR') in Z:\xampp\htdocs\catalog\includes\classes\osc_template.php on line 86

No problem in the administration :thumbsup:

Thank you

Hello,

I am French,

I have this error message in the catalog:

No problem in the administration :thumbsup:

Thank you

I make my own questions / answers.

So I confirm, this contribution works well, the error that I had just the fact that I was missing a file (bm_featured.php) french version in the directory catalog\includes\languages​​\french\modules\boxes of another contribution.

Thank you to the creator ...

Hi,

Just a shot in the dark here - But do you have SEO URLs installed?

I had a lot of errors when running on a local setup with this enabled.

If you have it installed try turning it off and see if the error persists.

Thanks

Edited by Mort-lemur

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

Hi,

SEO URLs not activated.

The link works when I click on the product image.

More strange... the Buy Now button works on the first product in my database??? Just this one !

It's the black completely

it is normal ? 'product_to_buy_id' or 'products_to_but_id'

But that does not solve the problem...

* STEP 14 *

In catalog/includes/application_top.php

Find this:

} else {

}

REPLACE with this:

// BOE: XSell

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['product_to_buy_id'])) {

$parameters = array('action', 'pid', 'products_to_but_id');

} else {

}

// EOE: XSell

} else {

}

Find this:

case 'buy_now' : if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) {

REPLACE with this:

// BOF: XSell

case 'buy_now' : if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['product_to_buy_id'])) {

if (tep_has_product_attributes($HTTP_GET_VARS['product_to_buy_id'])) {

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['product_to_buy_id']));

} else {

$cart->add_cart($HTTP_GET_VARS['product_to_buy_id'], $cart->get_quantity($HTTP_GET_VARS['product_to_buy_id'])+1);

}

} elseif (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) {

// EOF: XSell

Should be products_to_buy_id

But there must be something different with your shop for the contribution not to work, - I assume that you are on OSC 2.3.1

Have you tried your store on a server rather than a local setup? it may be that whatever you are using as a local host xampp etc may be the problem?

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

I did a test, the cross-link only works with the product that is first in the database.

Not the others.

Can it mean anything for you?

Without being able to see your shop and how it behaves Im afraid I cant really help

I think the problem lies in your catalog/includes/modules/xsell_products.php with the 2.3.1 button code. around line 49

To confirm this try substituting the file from the earlier contribution (by me) which uses the 2.2 buttons.

If this worls then the problem lies with the later version that coded in 2.3.1 style buttons.

Thanks