Latest News: (loading..)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

coolnj

Parse error: parse error, expecting `T_OLD_FUNCTION' or `T_FUNCTION' or `T_VAR'

Hi

I am new to osCommerce. WHile trying to install the application for the first time, I was getting the following error on the first page :

"Parse error: parse error, expecting `T_OLD_FUNCTION' or `T_FUNCTION' or `T_VAR' or `'}'' in c:\apache\htdocs\oscommerce\admin\includes\classes\language.php on line 20

Fatal error: Class osc_languageinstall: Cannot inherit from undefined class osc_language in c:\apache\htdocs\oscommerce\install\includes\classes\language.php on line 18 "

Am i missing out on something that needs to be done during installation. Please help.

Thanks

Hi

I am new to osCommerce. WHile trying to install the application for the first time, I was getting the following error on the first page :

"Parse error: parse error, expecting `T_OLD_FUNCTION' or `T_FUNCTION' or `T_VAR' or `'}'' in c:\apache\htdocs\oscommerce\admin\includes\classes\language.php on line 20

Fatal error: Class osc_languageinstall: Cannot inherit from undefined class osc_language in c:\apache\htdocs\oscommerce\install\includes\classes\language.php on line 18 "

Am i missing out on something that needs to be done during installation. Please help.

Thanks

I was having the same problem. The original "Parse error: parse error, expecting `T_OLD_FUNCTION' or `T_FUNCTION' or `T_VAR' or `'}'' in .\admin\includes\classes\language.php on line 20" went away when I added "AddType x-mapp-php5 .php" and "AddHandler x-mapp-php5 .php" to the main .htaccess file and the admin .htaccess file, but I then recieved a "Fatal error: Call to undefined function osc_setcookie() in ./includes/classes/language.php on line 106" error.

Hopefully, someone will know what the solution is for both problems.

What is your PHP version? Server OS? Apache Flavor?

Hi..

I was able to get this working . Instead of the installer package I used the zip package for installing PHP 5.2 and used it along with Apache 2.0(there were some issues with Apache 2.2)