• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

STS 4.5.9 Issue

danfantastic101

OK, I am new to OSC but have been getting on just fine until I installed STS 4.5.9.

After installation, following all instructions, I load my admin for the 1st time and get errors...

Warning: require(includes/classes/sts.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/fhlinux193/t/*************.co.uk/user/htdocs/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 174

Warning: require(includes/classes/sts.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/fhlinux193/t/**************.co.uk/user/htdocs/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 174

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/classes/sts.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear-php5') in /home/fhlinux193/t/***************.co.uk/user/htdocs/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 174

The files the error is claiming are not available are there and I have re-uploaded them many times with no change in error message.

I have tried finding other people with these issues but with over 5 thousand replies in the STSv4 topic, I have found it frustrating to say the least.

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Edited by danfantastic101

· · · — — — · · ·

[...]I have tried finding other people with these issues but with over 5 thousand replies in the STSv4 topic, I have found it frustrating to say the least.[...]

Make sure you have all files in their proper locations and uploaded to the server. Is the file catalog/includes/classes/sts.php in place on the server?

In general I would recommend you to change back to sts version 4.5.8 (23 1 2008), as it has been installed and tested x times and is stable for sure, also regularly supported by the contributor and other people with experience in using it

As for the 5000 replies: Be happy they are there. Really. Can you imagine the case there would be nothing at all to read?

The only thing you need to do is to read them and search through. And that's frustrating for you? The half of the replies are answers to the other half of questions. So, if it is frustrating for you to read, just read, the answers, what should the people say who wrote them?

Edited by multimixer

Make sure you have all files in their proper locations and uploaded to the server. Is the file catalog/includes/classes/sts.php in place on the server?

In general I would recommend you to change back to sts version 4.5.8 (23 1 2008), as it has been installed and tested x times and is stable for sure, also regularly supported by the contributor and other people with experience in using it

As for the 5000 replies: Be happy they are there. Really. Can you imagine the case there would be nothing at all to read?

The only thing you need to do is to read them and search through. And that's frustrating for you? The half of the replies are answers to the other half of questions. So, if it is frustrating for you to read, just read, the answers, what should the people say who wrote them?

Hi, I think you may have misunderstood what I wrote.

I have uploaded the files more than once now and it made no difference.

5400 replies is way too much to read...do you have a spare few days to read it all? I havnt. Seeing as most of the comments in the forum are concerning other issues it seems pointless to read them all, maybe a forum for this that was split into topics would help but it isnt, so it not.

My frustration is based around the fact all 5400+ comments are all in 1 topic and have no sepperation at all so i could be reading posts for days without finding anything at all in relation to my issue. The fact it has reached such a high number of posts should make it obvious to brak it down into more catagorised and navigable parts than the sea of info it is at the moment.

Yes, the information is better than having nothing but what is the point of information that nobody can find? Invisible gold?

Edited by danfantastic101

· · · — — — · · ·

No reason to double post. Do you think this will make searching and reading easier? You should post your issue in the stsv4 forum, exactly the one with the 500 replies. Also something to do to keep all information at one place

Also: Did you notice there is a search function? You can use it to search the entire forum (top right form) or to search into a specific topic (form at the bottom of topic you are reading). Finally there is google, look how to search

OK, I double posted after your pointless reply got me nowhere.

Your patronising comments are amusing...here in England we do have google, we tend to use it quite a lot...telling me how to search is not only like telling a grandma how to suck eggs but totaly undermines any reputation you are trying to obtain via pointless post replies.

If you cant help...say nothing, your wasting my time and making yourself look pathetic. Look it up on...erm...yeh, one of those search engine things...

As for the forum search, there isnt enought space to fit the whole error in as the error is not a code reference.

Well, if you know how to search, then why don't you search?

Anyway

I told you the specific way to search the forum via google--> site:www.oscommerce.com/forums what I want to know

In your hurry (or whatever) you didn't read my answer:

Latest news are that a version 4.6 is coming, and that will be based on v458 and NOT 459.

Glad for making your day with my amusing comments :)

Edited by multimixer

This is what I say is amusing, not your initial post...

No reason to double post. Do you think this will make searching and reading easier? You should post your issue in the stsv4 forum, exactly the one with the 500 replies. Also something to do to keep all information at one place

Also: Did you notice there is a search function? You can use it to search the entire forum (top right form) or to search into a specific topic (form at the bottom of topic you are reading). Finally there is google, look how to search

AND if you READ what I say then you would see that the search box is not big enough to hold the ammount of characters the error holds as the error does not show as a code.

· · · — — — · · ·