• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

website feedback

delta_blues

Greetings, to my fellow Forum members…

Seeking feedback on my osCommerce store…

http://www.deltaslides dot com

Not to worry, I will put the osCommerce credits back on the footer.

I didn’t realize how important it was.

Take your time no hurry.

Don’t post feedback or a review if it’s to much trouble.

There is no security issues that need a quick reply, so, not to worry.

In fact if you don’t want to for any reason, no problem…

Oh well, never mind, I guess I don’t need feedback anyway…

OK, bye for now.

DeltaBlues

Your identity is a figment of your imagination…

Oh well, never mind, I guess I don’t need feedback anyway…

For sure you don't need, you are the best.

And for the case you feel such a need, you can go and ask the one you are powered by

Thats a nice page... There is a small error of code showing at the top you might want to edit out: dir="LTR" lang="en"

You probably are missing a > somewhere.... I like the pictures on top too...

Greetings, Multi... Thank you for your reply.

I doubt, that I, don't need a critique because "I am the best". Actually I have never been the best at anything. My wife will verify this.

Probably it's because I don't really want to request urgent replies, such as I have read in this forums posts dated before mine...

As far as the "Powered by" footer, As I first posted, I will replace it with the original osCommerce footer.

Regards, Robert

Greetings, Professor;

Thank you very much for taking the time to not only visit my website but to verify that you actually reviewed the index page, by noticing the error at the top.

I have since corrected the error.

Thank you very much for your kind words about the layout appearance of the storefront.

I have it in my mind that the site is lacking in professionalism, and seems amateurish.

Best Regards, Your unmet friend, Robert

OK, Multi-George.

I located where to edit the footer and entered "Powered by osCommerce" in 2 places in the footer.

So, perhaps now you can remove your scold...

I guess somewhere between the USA and Greece the humor was lost in transmission.

Regards, Robert

Certificate errors on SSL pages using IE.

The configure file needs the "www." in it as that is who the certificate is issued to:

define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://www.deltaslides.com');

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Greetings, Germ... err, um, Jim!

That's right Germ! I was told that I had to add www when I got the certificate but I didn't know where or how!

I'm going to go look around where you pointed and try to get it fixed.

I really thank you for this input, it's very valuable to me...

Best Regards, Robert

Greetings, Jim...

I followed your directions and it looks like The error is fixed.

I am well aware of the long term support that you have given in this forum.

I have no doubt that many other members also realize the tremendous benefit this forum has by your presence.

Thank you for your ongoing selfless sharing of your experience and knowledge of the osCommerce applications.

Best Regards, Robert

• 2 weeks later...

The sign up and forgotten links in your login box ar not SSL protected.

Your contact page is virtually empty, tell potential customers who you are, your name, your address, give them a phone number.

Your shipping and returns page contains no information. Do you ship worldwide? What are your payment methods?

In your about_les_paul_sets.php, the column doesn't stay to the left, it moves towards the middle of the page.

You should opt for a different link hover colour, that green isn't visible enough and almost gets lost when against the light blue background.

~ Don't mistake my kindness for weakness ~

Hello Isabella.

Thank you very much for using your time and expertise to review my store effort.

Your feedback is valuable and welcomed. I would not have easily, discovered these discrepancies on my own.

I will examine systematically each item which you indicate.

I am especially aware of designing for the visually impaired. Your observation concerning the fonts is important.

I was using the color Green for the links to indicate "Green for GO".

Now I wonder, ”Should I change the color completely, change the hex code to make a darker color of green, and/or enlarge the fonts to make them easier to read.

I am very appreciative for receiving your input, because I can now pinpoint my editing, rather than wandering around looking for problems, that I don’t realize exist.

Best Regards, Your unmet friend Robert

Hello Robert.

I don't know much about designing for the visually impaired but whichever font size you choose you should stick to the same size throughout the whole site, right now you have too many sizes and that's only on the index.

On the green colour, the colour choice is purely personal of course but I noticed that whilst it shows only relatively well against the white background of your categories, it almost completely disappears when against the light blue, for example here: deltaslides.com/index.php?cPath=2. The fact that the background is lined doesn't help either.

If you intend to keep your shop in tones of blue I would try to use something like 2 or 3 shades of the same blue throughout the whole site, keep the text black or slightly off black (very dark grey). For link hover you can try either a lighter or downright contrasting colour, you have to test which one will work best, but for example, if you stay with green, try a darker green like #339933. Some greens work well with blue whilst others simply don't, it's a matter of testing.

~ Don't mistake my kindness for weakness ~

Thank you for your reply Isabella...

I'm looking at #339933, This is a very good-looking green.

Everything that you have indicated is what I have learned in the past to be good design practices, but somehow some of the teachings slip away...

My concept of web design is, test, test and then test some more!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

One example of supporting the visually impaired is that their readers read table summaries. Eventually I have summaries on most my tables.

I don't know how this will work when tables are eventually abandoned as a web-page structure.

Example table summary:

summary="Header Table"

summary="Navigation Table"

summary="Main Body Table"

Or perhaps a little more descriptive...

summary="This table shows images of a wonderful place to vacation"

----------------------------------------------------------------

I have copied your posts as one and using them as a work guide.

Thank you, Regards Robert

Strange looking site. Would it be an idea to put the rather lice looking logo at the top of the page?

Looks like there is still a right hand column but there isn't one. Have you moved all the boxes to the left column? My basket info is hidden off the bottom of the page on oa portable pc.

When you spend ages writing content for a site it is easy to forget to spell check your pages e.g. "processing" not "prossessing"

Why have a currency box and only sell in dollars?

The site is confusing, the link About Our Cold Shields links to a page called What are cold shields.

The product detail pages don't have much info e.g. http://deltaslides.com/product_info.php?cPath=2_19&products_id=29

When I click on the link in the line below it does not redirect me to a page on your site.

For more information, please visit this products webpage.

Hope this starts you off.

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Thank you for your review Geoffery...

I have copied your post and am using it as a work guide.

I will now paste the various inputs together and work up a priority list.

I am unable to interpret what "strange looking site" means.

The currency box is to indicate clearly that only Dollars are accepted.

I have had customers pay in other currency and had to pay a fee to convert.

"About"... In reference to; relating to; concerned with:

The world does not know what Cold Shields are since I invented them.

That is why the link explains what "Cold Shields" are.

I will search for the typo "processing" on the site.

I will work my way over to the Admin and make additions and correct errors as I go.

Thank you, for your valuable observations.

Best Regards, Robert

Archived