• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Mysite is done ready for feedback

persichini

m a r t i n i s g i f t s DOT c o m

Please give me some feedback on my store. would like to know what works and what doesn't work. This site is suppose to help offset the cost of my wife being a stay at home mom. so this is her new source of income. thanks for your help

on the categories page, the content section is much wider than the header.

I'd look into a more fancy popup image than the standard code to fit with the sites template

one language, one currency -> drop the boxes ...

where is your terms & conditions ?

where is the shipping policy ?

where is the privacy policy ?

this looks like a drop shipping operations, what is your usp ?

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

on the categories page, the content section is much wider than the header.

Been looking into this haven't been able to figure out a solution just yet

I'd look into a more fancy popup image than the standard code to fit with the sites template

what do you mean

one language, one currency -> drop the boxes ...

where is your terms & conditions ?

where is the shipping policy ?

where is the privacy policy ?

fixed

this looks like a drop shipping operations, what is your usp ?

What do you mean by "what is your usp?"

lightbox or fancy box for nicer image pop-ups

usp = Unique Selling Point

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

lightbox or fancy box for nicer image pop-ups

usp = Unique Selling Point

ITs my wifes sites... She's incharge or what items we sell i just made the site look better..i hope.

I'll look in to lightbox and fancy box for image pop ups

I have looked at your site and its better than most on here. At least you have changed the look. The first thing i noticed is that the site is very narrow, and looks cramped. This has already been mentioned, but there is no SSl. This will put people off buying from your store. I also could find no contact details. As a customer, what do i do to speak to you, if you dont respond to my emails. This will also put people off. If you only ship to the USA, why can i as someone in the UK create an account.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

top 2 band fit across the entire page looks like they should not extend outside the central area.

I googled

http://www.martinisgifts.com

and choose the first link, it timed out.

Are you intending to do anything with the wasted white area at the top of the page?

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Sensitive information from login to create account are transmitted in clear text.

Where's the SSL?

Guess i just assume the company we paided to set up the original website would have done that for us. After i redid the whole thing i should have check that.

I have looked at your site and its better than most on here. At least you have changed the look. The first thing i noticed is that the site is very narrow, and looks cramped. This has already been mentioned, but there is no SSl. This will put people off buying from your store. I also could find no contact details. As a customer, what do i do to speak to you, if you dont respond to my emails. This will also put people off. If you only ship to the USA, why can i as someone in the UK create an account.

Fixed the account page. now only the us is an option. Updating about us to include contact info.

top 2 band fit across the entire page looks like they should not extend outside the central area.

I googled

http://www.martinisgifts.com

and choose the first link, it timed out.

Are you intending to do anything with the wasted white area at the top of the page?

G

what browser did you use. the first link in google works fine for me. Yes the white area is a waiting a fancy graphic. looking into the back ground reformat... thanks for the help guys.

Archived