• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal standard - Pay without paypal account

vinally

Hi,

I had installed paypal standard which come with v2.2 RC. i had tested paypal by order with paypal. it take me to that page which require you to log in with paypal account. I cannot find any option to pay without paypal account?

As i read the forum, it required PWA (purchase without acc) addon. so i install it. AND it still required paypal account to pay. Funny ah?

Can someone point me the right direction?

Hello Vinally,

If you have correctly configured PayPal Standard module in you osCommerce then you have to change 'account optional' setting in your PayPal account. So log in to your paypal.com account go to 'Profile' look for something like 'Payment preferences for www' and there you should have 'PayPal account optional' . You should set it to ON.

(I'm writing 'something like' as my PayPal is not in English)

After you set it up you should get paypal looking like second screen in the fallowing topic

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/343276-is-there-anyway-i-can-make-my-paypal-checkout-look-like-this-pic-inside/

where you got option to choose credit card.

Hope this helps

evonevo

Hi evonevo,

I did follow your instruction but do not find anything related to use paypal account option under my profile and browse outside profile tab, and still could not find anything. It is my business paypal account.

What wrong with it ?

HI,

I have PayPal account type Business as well. I had by default set up option 'PayPal account optional' to FALSE which means that buyer needs to have account to buy. When I set the option to TRUE form o use Credit Card show up.

Maybe you have that option in a different place ? I don't suspect that PayPal for each language is so different to not include some of the options (but I'm no expert).

evonevo