• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

my site is down and dont know what to do

Please help i tried adding the event calender ( $Id: events_calendar v2.00 2003/06/16 18:09:16 ip chilipepper.it Exp $ ) to my website addon www.pcncautomation.net and now it wont come up i get this error when i go there ( Fatal error: Call to a member function add_current_page() on a non-object in /home/rvrwind/public_html/includes/application_top.php on line 329 ) i have tried to undo everything i added i have deleted all the files i added and reuploaded the files that i changed and removed the database table added to mysequel database and still get this same error can someone please help me thanks

Fatal error: Call to a member function add_current_page() on a non-object

You are the only one getting that error. Just delete the osCsid cookie from your shop in your browser or close and restart your browser. No big deal.

i do not think that is the problem when i do that and go to the page it will come up but if i hit a refresh or click on any other link i get the same error as before

i do not think that is the problem when i do that and go to the page it will come up but if i hit a refresh or click on any other link i get the same error as before

Then the underlying error has not been solved yet. There must still be another error. The thing you see is a side-effect of that error. Is there no error log?

Look at this tip: www.linuxuk.co.uk/error-reporting-p-65.html

i went to the page you recomended and i am able to see the error log from cpanel on my site but there is no errors reported there, I really dont understand if i replaced all the files i modified with the original ones and then delete the files i added and then remove the sql table i created why would it not be back to normal ?

i went to the page you recomended and i am able to see the error log from cpanel on my site but there is no errors reported there, I really dont understand if i replaced all the files i modified with the original ones and then delete the files i added and then remove the sql table i created why would it not be back to normal ?

Yes, it should be back to normal then. Since you don't provide a url we cannot check if you are the only getting this error.

i am sorry i thought i did the site is www.pcncautomation.net

I see this error at the bottom of the page:

1146 - Table 'rvrwind_store.TABLE_VISITORS' doesn't exist

select counter FROM TABLE_VISITORS where browser_ip = 'xx.xx.xxx.xx AND browser_language = 'nl-nl' AND to_days(now()) - to_days(date) < 1

Oh, and TABLE_VISITORS points to a missing define for that table in includes/database_tables.php

Edited by Jan Zonjee
removed my own ip-address and added something

i know i see that too and i checked on my sql database and the table does exist i am trying to figure out why i am getting that error i know i didnt get it before i am guessing i have corrupted my database somehow and i dont know what to do to fix that

i know i see that too and i checked on my sql database and the table does exist i am trying to figure out why i am getting that error i know i didnt get it before i am guessing i have corrupted my database somehow and i dont know what to do to fix that

See above (missing define).

one thing i wojuld like to add is this sql thing is kinda new to me but if the one i added the one for the event calander could it have effected other tables besides adding another one ? and if so how can i fix the one it corrupted?

ok thank you for your help i got it back up and running evidently i had another addon that got effected when i put the originals back on they were one addon outdated and i had to repair that one i needed i recent back up i do have that now and thanks again for all your help

in addition to all the above fixes, for the sake of getting rid of that particular error, you could try to add a test to the $navigation variable so that it looks like this:

if (is_object($navigation)) {
$navigation->add_current_page();
}

the added object test is harmless, it got to be an object anyway.

theres also some other fixes on the forums as far as i can remember. search google using the error (without the file path).

Ken

Edited by GemRock

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

again thanks for all the help I am still wanting to get the event calander to work on my site and will attempt it again but can someone tell me first if this will even work my ver of oscommerce is 2.2 rc2 and this is in the install for the the addon i am wanting to use ----- NOTES:

* tested on: 2.2 MS2 July 12 2003 snapshot, Browsers: IE 6.0, Netscape 7.0, Opera 6.0

* live example here

will this work for me ? or is ms2 and rc2 to different for it to work ?

generally speaking it should work with rc2a but you may come across a few errors all of which can be fixed though.

dont use the one(s) posted in 2007, they appear to have been edited by a strange editor and all the files would be corrupted after FTP to the server. use the one posted in 2006 (April).

Good Luck!

Ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

yey i allready found that but what i had to do was do it twice once i uploaded the files i had to manually edit them basicly a copy and paste manuver and that seemed fix that delima