• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

updated site feed back needed

comics-r-us

haven't noticed any design, it's standard oscommerce template.

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

Hi,

I would remove the big yellow welcome message, It take up the whole screen meaning your products are off the screen so the user has to scroll down to get to them.

The page was also a little bit slow to load. The comic thumbnail on the front page have large file sizes 60- 70kb each. Multiply by 30 comics and that is a lot of data.

The background image also make some of the pages hard to read. For example the "about Us" page.

Good luck with the site.

Cheers

Adam

Ditto.

The yellow section is a waste of selling space, move it to the about us page and use logos to indicate payment types accepted.

The background is very distracting.

Spelling "mistoike" will annoy your Australian customers.

00095 comics on site would be better as 95 and the table it is in looks very dated (as does the rest of the standard osc design)

You might want to read through the about us as it doesn't make sense and there are some spelling "mistoikes" and capitalisation errors in there. e.g. of comics form cross all publishers

That will give a more professional image.

Personally I want to know where the person I am dealing with is located, shipping costs/policy before I get to checkout, your returns policy.

At the moment wouldn't use the site

Good start but keep going

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Ditto.

The yellow section is a waste of selling space, move it to the about us page and use logos to indicate payment types accepted.

The background is very distracting.

Spelling "mistoike" will annoy your Australian customers.

00095 comics on site would be better as 95 and the table it is in looks very dated (as does the rest of the standard osc design)

You might want to read through the about us as it doesn't make sense and there are some spelling "mistoikes" and capitalisation errors in there. e.g. of comics form cross all publishers

That will give a more professional image.

Personally I want to know where the person I am dealing with is located, shipping costs/policy before I get to checkout, your returns policy.

At the moment wouldn't use the site

Good start but keep going

G

hi many thanks

know about the spelling errors and am doing my best to change them as for the yellow i was just testing last night what it looked like it is going to be removed as it to in your face now i have had a look

point noted about were iam will add this to my about /shipping page

the logs for payment typs i have been trying to add this to the header and footer but not sure how to do this i have the logs ready just not sure how to put the code in

agian many thanks for the input very use full

phil

Phil

What you have here is a startup site that will get you going.

Does it look good? - No. The colours are too harsh and there is no site colour scheme. e.g. button colours differ from heading colours and you still love bright yellow

Does it tell you everything you need to know? - probably

Manchester is a big area and I still can't get in touch. A phone company has just lost out on a £40 pm contract because they hide behind 0845 numbers @ 4.6p/min and automated emails. Not a big number but it all adds up.

Still difficult to read content.

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

hi

take two still a basic os lay out but hopfully a better lay out and design from the last in fact i messed the last one up that the back up was crupt

so have only started add items back

any feed back welcome

thanks phil

Archived