Sign in to follow this  
clayton1

Authorize.net authorization number

This isn't really an add on, although when i get it working, i could make an add on out of it, but i posted it here thinking this is the group with the most OSCommerce development experience. I process orders through authorize.net. They send an authorization code back in the response to confirm the order. It is required for my orders to get filled that i have this authorization number. I created an extra field in the orders table to store the authorization number. My thinking is there will be 1 authorization number per order, so i can store it in this field for the order it corresponds to. Then i will have it for filling the orders.

I have successfully parsed through the authorize.net response to locate the authorization number. I have even been able to store it in a seperate text file successfully. The problem i have is how do i take this authorization number, which is found in authorizenet_cc_aim.php, and insert it into the authorization_number field i created in the orders table in the database for the current order?

What i really need to know is how to insert any extra fields into the orders table of the database. I don't know if i could read the authorization code from the file i store it in and then insert that into the orders table? Or if i can take it right from the response and add it to the orders table right away, i don't know how i would find the orders_id corresponding to the current order.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Carl

This isn't really an add on, although when i get it working, i could make an add on out of it, but i posted it here thinking this is the group with the most OSCommerce development experience. I process orders through authorize.net. They send an authorization code back in the response to confirm the order. It is required for my orders to get filled that i have this authorization number. I created an extra field in the orders table to store the authorization number. My thinking is there will be 1 authorization number per order, so i can store it in this field for the order it corresponds to. Then i will have it for filling the orders.

I have successfully parsed through the authorize.net response to locate the authorization number. I have even been able to store it in a seperate text file successfully. The problem i have is how do i take this authorization number, which is found in authorizenet_cc_aim.php, and insert it into the authorization_number field i created in the orders table in the database for the current order?

What i really need to know is how to insert any extra fields into the orders table of the database. I don't know if i could read the authorization code from the file i store it in and then insert that into the orders table? Or if i can take it right from the response and add it to the orders table right away, i don't know how i would find the orders_id corresponding to the current order.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Carl

This is what I have done. I register a session variable called 'authorization_code' and reference this variable in checkout_process.php to store the authorization code in the DB. At the end of the file I unregister the session variable.

Here are the changes I made. In authorizenet_aim.php go to the following condition:

// If the response code is not 1 (approved) then redirect back to the payment page with the appropriate error message
if ($this->response[0] != '1') {
// some code
}
// Add an else statement
else{
$_SESSION["authorization_code"]=$this->response[4];
}

Then in checkout_process.php, add the foll statement in the $sql_data_array:

'authorization_code' => $_SESSION['authorization_code']
// add the following statement where all sesssion variables are being unregistered. You will find them at the end of the file
unset($_SESSION['authorization_code']);

I hope it helps. Inputs are welcome