• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Charset langauge chandges problems

radjaco

I have installed OsCommerce in three languages (English, Russian and Azerbaijani). I have updated buttons and was able to translate language files from within the Admin. Then I downloaded Product Manager and it connects fine. However, I have 2 problems:

1. When trying to translate categories into russian it displays as ???? ?????? ??????. I tried all fonts but unsuccessful. I noticed that whatever is in database cannot be displayed when translated. However, I do not know how to set proper charsets. What do I need to adjust it so that all three languages would appear in 'categories'. Check it out http://www.qanun.az/index.php

2. Another problem is how to change header and footer navigation into other languages so that default will be English, but when switching to other languages it would display header and footer navigation in corresponding language.

I would appreciate the help.

Thanks

Radjaco

For 1, you would change

// charset for web pages and emails
define('CHARSET', 'iso-8859-1');

to the appropriate charset in includes/languages/russian.php (or whatever language). Russian currently looks correct on your site, appearing in KOI-8. Maybe you fixed this. You also might need to make the same change in the admin languages file.

For 2, if you were using the original template, the navigation would look like

<td align="right" class="headerNavigation"><?php if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) { ?><a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGOFF, '', 'SSL'); ?>" class="headerNavigation"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_LOGOFF; ?></a>  |  <?php } ?><a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'); ?>" class="headerNavigation"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT; ?></a>  |  <a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART); ?>" class="headerNavigation"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS; ?></a>  |  <a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'); ?>" class="headerNavigation"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT; ?></a>   </td>

and would be localizable. If your template does not do this, then you would need to change it so that it does. It would be hard to explain further without seeing the code that your template uses to display the navigation, but the idea is that you should replace hard coded strings like Home with code like

<?php echo HEADER_TITLE_TOP; ?>

Always back up before making changes.

• 3 months later...

For 1, you would change

// charset for web pages and emails
define('CHARSET', 'iso-8859-1');

to the appropriate charset in includes/languages/russian.php (or whatever language). Russian currently looks correct on your site, appearing in KOI-8. Maybe you fixed this. You also might need to make the same change in the admin languages file.

For 2, if you were using the original template, the navigation would look like

<td align="right" class="headerNavigation"><?php if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) { ?><a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGOFF, '', 'SSL'); ?>" class="headerNavigation"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_LOGOFF; ?></a>  |  <?php } ?><a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'); ?>" class="headerNavigation"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT; ?></a>  |  <a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART); ?>" class="headerNavigation"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS; ?></a>  |  <a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'); ?>" class="headerNavigation"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT; ?></a>   </td>

and would be localizable. If your template does not do this, then you would need to change it so that it does. It would be hard to explain further without seeing the code that your template uses to display the navigation, but the idea is that you should replace hard coded strings like Home with code like

<?php echo HEADER_TITLE_TOP; ?>

Hello. The biggest problem for Azerbaijani Language. I am using the latest version of oscommerce and I cant figure about about Azerbaijani language. I have changed all Charsets but ntohing changes. It show all letters fine in Front office but it does not show descriptions and anything in admin panel. Another big porblem is order prosess. I did some sample orders and when I checked my email to see the confirmtion all is shown in symbols not letter. This is does the same thing in codes when I watch them in Code editor. I am adding kind of sample orders process come in Azeri. Thanks for help which I need badly

Məhsullar

------------------------------------------------------

1 x Başmaq-7700-Z17-1 (7700-Z17-1) = 8.03

Total: 8.03

Çatdırılacaq Ünvan

Elik

Samr Bagirov

6 Mehdi huseyn

Xird

Baki, Az1000

NA, Azerbaijan

Ödəyəcək Ünvan

Elik

Samr Bagirov

6 Mehdi huseyn

Xird

Baki, Az1000

NA, Azerbaijan

Ödəniş Üsulu

Ha ha ha . It if interesting. After I uploaded my reply I see that all is fine which probably fixed by browser. Very confusion

Hello. The biggest problem for Azerbaijani Language. I am using the latest version of oscommerce and I cant figure about about Azerbaijani language. I have changed all Charsets but ntohing changes. It show all letters fine in Front office but it does not show descriptions and anything in admin panel. Another big porblem is order prosess. I did some sample orders and when I checked my email to see the confirmtion all is shown in symbols not letter. This is does the same thing in codes when I watch them in Code editor. I am adding kind of sample orders process come in Azeri. Thanks for help which I need badly

Məhsullar

1 x Başmaq-7700-Z17-1 (7700-Z17-1) = 8.03

Total: 8.03

Çatdırılacaq Ünvan

Elik

Samr Bagirov

6 Mehdi huseyn

Xird

Baki, Az1000