• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal IPN Invalid Process - emails

ninthgoose

On two seperate occasions recently I have had an email from my own business email address/oscommerce store with the subject title;

"PayPal IPN Invalid Process"

The contenst of the email have been the same;

$_POST:

test=test

$_GET:

<br

It looks like it might be similar to this issue;

PayPal IPN Invalid Process Post

And

paypal - testing notice

What is concering me, is that at the times the emails were generated there were no orders being placed or attempted to be placed as far as I can tell either.

Has anyone come across anything similar, should I be overly concerned at this time?

I using the same PayPal IPN and no problems here, simply check the error log. have you modified it?

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

I using the same PayPal IPN and no problems here, simply check the error log. have you modified it?

Cheers Alex,

No have not modified the paypal mobule since installation and configuration. Its been working fine and a test recently showed it still to be working, but had two emails with this error come through.

Which error log are you refereing too please?

Cheers Alex,

No have not modified the paypal mobule since installation and configuration. Its been working fine and a test recently showed it still to be working, but had two emails with this error come through.

Which error log are you refereing too please?

if any errors in error_log file in root of the folder.

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

I've checked the dates and times of several emails I've had which begin with -

eMail Title = PayPal IPN Invalid Process

$_POST:

mc_gross=68.48

invoice=80

protection_eligibility=Eligible

address_status=confirmed

item_number1=(obfuscated)

payer_id=(encoded)

tax=0.00

address_street=(obfuscated)

payment_date=03:54:25 Oct 28, 2009 PDT

payment_status=Completed

The bits above in brackets are changed by me to post here

Basically the email is the entire transaction data, claiming an invalid process.

On PayPal the payment proceeded normally.

In the osC Admin transaction record it shows as payment failed.

When I dig a little deeper - the optional Shipping Insurance module's value is not being passed to PayPal (or not accepted by them) and the monetary value of the insurance is missing from the amount received into PayPal, but still showing in the osC transaction record as chosen and paid by the customer. It also displays and prints on the invoice as such.

The cynic in me says that since eBay banned option or compulsory insurance outside of the consolidated shipping charge (or total product price with "free" shipping) PayPal have now removed the option for non-eBay sites to process insurance through them.

This issue is ONLY arising on transactions where the customer has elected for shipping insurance - if the customer decides not to request shipping insurance, the transaction processes normally.

This is completely screwing our wholesale export business where everything is either C.I.F. (Carriage, Insurance and Forwarding) or F.O.B. (Frieght on Board) shipping terms. It's also royally beggaring our "bulk retail" business to small resellers where again all shipments are CIF or FOB at customer's choice. We're at the point of removing PayPal from those services because of this, and moving our customers to bank transfer only - most of them have indicated they would understand and accept such a move.

Has anyone else had issues with PayPal and the postal/shipping insurance field?

It's completely non-present in the full values list emails we're getting on these invalid IPN emails

Gaz

Wearing a seatbelt prevents head injuries when the computer crashes - - - Yeah Right!!! - not in this office.

• 2 weeks later...

C'mon everyone - I can't believe I'm the only person having this - the shipping insurance was working fine right up until eBay removed insurance from their sites in late Sept 2009, after that, every transaction where the customer in my osC store selects insurance - the transaction is stuffed and no insurance collected by PayPal. Mind you, at least they've stopped sending invalid process emails on it, and it's sort of working correctly in the osC backend again (just no insurance collected in the PayPal payment).

Gaz

Wearing a seatbelt prevents head injuries when the computer crashes - - - Yeah Right!!! - not in this office.