• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need help instaling Easy Populate v2.76i

spike204

Hi,

Can anyone help me with the installation of easy populate v2.76i into a current website just completed, I'm new to this and never used before. I followed the basic installations below, I am currently using osCommerce Cart Ver. 2.2 RC2a...

STEP #1 - Upload the following files to your osCommerce Store Directory

Copy file /catalog/admin/easypopulate.php into /catalog/admin/ or whatever folder you have placed the osCommerce admin.

Copy file /catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php into /catalog/admin/ folder.

Copy the /catalog/admin/EPDocumentation/ folder (3 files) into your /catalog/admin/ folder.

STEP #2 - Setup the "temp" folder

The "/catalog/temp/" folder should be uploaded to (or created in) the root of your store (Beside the /admin/, /images/, and /includes/ Directories)

Set the CHMOD permissions of this folder to 777, if you do not know how to do this, ask your host to do it for you. It can be done with a free FTP software called FileZilla (Goggle it), and it can be done in DreamWeaver. With FileZilla, right-click the /temp/ folder and select "File Attributes...", then set the permissions. In DreamWeaver, in remote view, right-click the folder and select "Set Permissions...", then set the permissions.

If you need to change the location of the "temp" folder to some other location, you will need to edit the below define found near the top of the /admin/easypopulate.php file:

define ('EP_TEMP_DIRECTORY', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'temp/');

STEP #3 - Add a link in the Admin Panel. Edit file "/catalog/admin/incudes/boxes/catalog.php"

Find this code (Around Line 25):

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . '</a><br>' .

Directly AFTER add this:

'<a href="' . tep_href_link('easypopulate.php', '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">Easy Populate</a><br>' .

STEP #4 - Upload the following files to your osCommerce Store Directory

This step is ONLY for versions BEFORE osCommerce Online Merchant RC2a.

Copy the file /catalog/admin/includes/classes/table_block.php into /catalog/admin/includes/classes/ folder, overwriting the current file if you have not made any changes to this file before.

STEP #5 - Optional Instruction - SQL Command

This step is ONLY for versions BEFORE osCommerce Online Merchant RC2a.

The following is not required to run this contribution. This may help many with large databases. It was submitted by UGLi 6 May 2006. It is a SQL command you run in your SQL tool provided by your host, such as phpMyAdmin. Copy and paste the following line in your SQL command tool:

ALTER TABLE `products` ADD INDEX `idx_products_model` ( `products_model` );

STEP #6 - Check with your web host about your hosting environment

There are several variables that may affect some with large data files when using Easy Populate. These can usually be adjusted to fit your needs in a Linux/Apache environment by adding a php.ini file in your /admin/ folder. Do check with your host on this to ensure that a) it can be done, and B) you're staying within your Terms of Service. This forum post may help:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=162244&st=5900&p=1101458entry1101458

When these factors come into play, often the script will simply halt with no error message.

The following php.ini settings are considered to be "default" by most hosts. Adjust higher as needed.

max_execution_time = 30 ;(in seconds)

Change this to allow for more time that PHP can process your import file.

max_input_time = 60 ;(in seconds)

post_max_size = 2M ;

upload_max_filesize = 2M ;

These will limit the size of a file you can import using Easy Populate. This can be circumvented by uploading the file via FTP to your /temp/ folder and importing it from there.

memory_limit = 8M ;

Change this to allow PHP to use more memory to process your file. (32M recommended)

session.gc_maxlifetime = 1440 ; (in seconds)

Your session lifetime, should always be longer then the max_execution_time.

STEP #7 - Configuring the file "/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php"

PLEASE DO THIS!!!!!: Go to /catalog/admin/easypopulate.php and read the section marked "Configuration Variables". It will allow you to adjust Easy Populate's operation for your store. I meant what I said, Please, Pretty please, do read the entire configuration stuff. Really. You'll be glad you did since if you don't and come to the support topic asking questions the docs answer, you may simply get asked to read the docs anyway. You'll find all kinds of neat configurable stuff there.

If you have followed the installation instruction then step 7 should be followed.

There is a shed load of documentation that answers most questions included with the contribution.

If you have any specific questions after reading it post yor question (following the steps outlined in the documentation)

Enjoy

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

If you have followed the installation instruction then step 7 should be followed.

There is a shed load of documentation that answers most questions included with the contribution.

If you have any specific questions after reading it post yor question (following the steps outlined in the documentation)

Enjoy

G

I am reading the instructions but I am puzzled by where to insert the scripts for each step (i.e., configuration variables, start intializatiion, download file (export), etc.) Maybe I missed something but it is where I am puzzled.

I am reading the instructions but I am puzzled by where to insert the scripts for each step (i.e., configuration variables, start intializatiion, download file (export), etc.) Maybe I missed something but it is where I am puzzled. Do I type them into the admin/includes/configure.php file?