• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate and YMM contributions

vivida

Hello all,

I'm working on an auto parts web store using this contribution: Year Make Model (YMM) "Select Vehicle" box ...here's the link to it: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6684

It's a really cool contribution and works well. However, there are over 10,000 auto parts that need to be populated, so I want to use this contribution to do that: Easy Populate & Products Attributes ... here's the link to it: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/500

Unfortunately, the easy populate contribution does not understand or work with the YMM contribution. Does anyone know how to get around this? or to get these two contributions to work together?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Vivida

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all,

I'm working on an auto parts web store using this contribution: Year Make Model (YMM) "Select Vehicle" box ...here's the link to it: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6684

It's a really cool contribution and works well. However, there are over 10,000 auto parts that need to be populated, so I want to use this contribution to do that: Easy Populate & Products Attributes ... here's the link to it: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/500

Unfortunately, the easy populate contribution does not understand or work with the YMM contribution. Does anyone know how to get around this? or to get these two contributions to work together?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Vivida

I have the same problem, for almost 50.000 articles, witch can fit over 200 motorcycles. Combined more than 100.000.000 YMM handlings.

I really need some way of EP to do this.... can any one help me?

I have the same problem, for almost 50.000 articles, witch can fit over 200 motorcycles. Combined more than 100.000.000 YMM handlings.

I really need some way of EP to do this.... can any one help me?

Hey Dekawaman... I hear ya. No one has shed any light on this one yet. I desperately need a way to easily populate my DB with YMM.

Help Please!

The changes are to products table of the database as far as I can see for the YMM mod, in which case the easypopulate has a set of very simple instructions on how to add the new fields so you can download and upload using easypopulate.

This can be found in the easypopulate.php file in admin when you look at the file you will find the instructions on how to do it.

Then it will be case of filling in the correct column of the csv file before uploading.

shouldnt take long to create fields and then its a case of uploading the new data.

Getting better with mods but no programmer am I.

• 3 months later...

The changes are to products table of the database as far as I can see for the YMM mod, in which case the easypopulate has a set of very simple instructions on how to add the new fields so you can download and upload using easypopulate.

This can be found in the easypopulate.php file in admin when you look at the file you will find the instructions on how to do it.

Then it will be case of filling in the correct column of the csv file before uploading.

shouldnt take long to create fields and then its a case of uploading the new data.

As I read through the easypopulate.php file it says that it only works for the table_products and the table_products_description files. YMM creates a new table named products_ymm and if you read down the easypopulate.php file it clearly states the EP will only add fields to these two files.

Am I reading this right??

Has anyone actually added custom fields (in a new table) to EP?

Thank to all for this great collaboration!

Jeff

• 1 month later...

As I read through the easypopulate.php file it says that it only works for the table_products and the table_products_description files. YMM creates a new table named products_ymm and if you read down the easypopulate.php file it clearly states the EP will only add fields to these two files.

Am I reading this right??

Has anyone actually added custom fields (in a new table) to EP?

Thank to all for this great collaboration!

Jeff

Jeff,

What I am thinking is why would you need to add custome feilds? Tables are in a database using MySQL. You can have the two fields relate to each other. my SQL is rusted.. a base where table1.table = table2.table .

• 1 year later...

Jeff,

What I am thinking is why would you need to add custome feilds? Tables are in a database using MySQL. You can have the two fields relate to each other. my SQL is rusted.. a base where table1.table = table2.table .

Anybody? How can you have one table pull data from another table?

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys,

im also interesred in this instruction has anyone solved this yet i would be verry happy if someone could do this for us all,

kind regards

John

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Running osc 2.3.3

Hello all, I figured this would be the best place to post my solution to combine both of the these excellent Add Ons. Easy Populate and the Year Make Model (YMM) contributions are both really great. We have a auto parts store that sells customs body kits so our product db goes way over 100,000 products.

Here's my solution:

In the easypopulate.php file there are instructions to add custom fields into either the products or products_description tables. I added these columns into the products_description page:

products_car_make

products_car_model

products_car_part

products_car_year_bof

products_car_year_eof

Now these will appear in your excel file. Be sure to add these columns into the products_description table in phpmyadmin as well.

Now, the latest version of ymmp has a table called products_ymm, you'll notice the same column headers there in phpmyadmin.

Well now we want to move that data over to the ymm table so it will show up in our drop downs. To do this, either export then import the data using excel files. or use this statement:

INSERT INTO `products_ymm`(`products_id`, `products_car_make`, `products_car_model`, `products_car_part`, `products_car_year_bof`, `products_car_year_eof`)

SELECT `products_id`, `products_car_make`, `products_car_model`, `products_car_part`, `products_car_year_bof`, `products_car_year_eof`

FROM `products_description`

There are a few steps involved, this is my first instructional post, so please feel free to ask and I will provide more clarity on what I did. Also, if anyone has a better way, please advise!