• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

only deliver to customers of certain postcodes

andy_1984

sorry i have posted about this before but never made title or post clear and cant edit it and it has vanished to the depths of hell which is these forums so i made a new one

im desperately trying to give oscommerce the ability to only deliver to customers with the postcodes starting G3, G4, G11, G12, G20 at a flat rate

im totally stumped with this one please can someone help point me in the right direction

just found a solution but for the life of me cant remember the contribution number

basicly it uses zones.php and cross refrences zones with postcodes in an csv

if i find il post it up, it only took a small ammount of modification on my part to get it to do what i required in a rather nasty hack of the csv :)

here is the contribution, http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6165

really is a clever little trick if i may say so.

all i done was put -disabled- at the start of the postcodes i didnt want to deliver to so the system bassicly thinks it cant ship to those postcodes and for all the weight to cost tables i put in one fixed ammount and changed some text in the relevant files so it didnt read out shit to xxx - 3lbs £50

now it just reads out Delivery charge £2.00

and if the customer has a postcode that is not listed in the csv it will say sorry unfortunately we cannot deliver to your location however you can use our store pick up option . still trying to figure out how to enable the store pickup option if there postcode isnt in the csv though

Archived