• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

UPS XML database issues

eandafern

I am using v2.2 RC2 and paypal payflow link as the payment module.

All purchases where logging into the database fine until I added the UPS XML module.

Now, purchases can be made but no information about the customer/item purchased arrives in the database/backend.

Has ANYONE any idea on how to remedy this? I have to have the store working by COB today.

Any help or hint would be appreciated.

btw, I reverted to database backup from before I added the UPS module but it still isn't working.

any help would be appreciated

I should probably add that I talked to support at my server about the database and they said they see no errors being written to a relevant sql log

The relation between your problem and the UPSXML module probably does not exist. The UPSXML module is active on checkout_shipping.php

When you choose a shipping method you go to checkout_payment.php

When you choose a payment method you (normally) go to checkout_process.php which does the insertion into the database and this page (that you never see) redirects you to checkout_success.php. So the moment you go to payment the involvement of the shipping modules ceases to exist.

The relation between your problem and the UPSXML module probably does not exist. The UPSXML module is active on checkout_shipping.php

When you choose a shipping method you go to checkout_payment.php

When you choose a payment method you (normally) go to checkout_process.php which does the insertion into the database and this page (that you never see) redirects you to checkout_success.php. So the moment you go to payment the involvement of the shipping modules ceases to exist.

thanks for posting a reply. hhmmm

I guess it could be that my payflow link module is doing it (these are the only 2 modules i loaded on the store btw)

the odd thing is that the payment module worked fine and all purchases did load into database correctly.

could it be that the payment module and shipping module interact at some point and cause the problem?

I guess it could be that my payflow link module is doing it (these are the only 2 modules i loaded on the store btw)

the odd thing is that the payment module worked fine and all purchases did load into database correctly.

could it be that the payment module and shipping module interact at some point and cause the problem?

I'm not familiar with the payment module you use but what I've seen of payment modules is that some of them kind of replicate the whole checkout code in them.

Did you try disabling upsxml and see if the problem persists?

Then perhaps disable that paypal module (if possible) and enable upsxml and see if that works?