• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Another new shop, goes live around mid-march

mazza

I am not a grahical designer and the shop is more geared towards the usability than looking pretty. The old one at directory /catalog2/ is still running, so that is not for comments except for comparison.

Alot of boxes have been made into links as the user analysis I have made points to them having little or no value (internal advertizing)

Catalog has:

Articles

Autologin

Newsletter center

Newsdesk

Different products, articles and categories for each language

Breadcrumb title for headings and titles

And alot of smaller enhancements.

Admin side has:

Alternative attribute handling

Stats for newsdesk

Stats for articles

Approval for product and articles reviews

Also my own browser-detection hack for stylesheets and some movement to "template"-structure

http://www.voimaharjoittelu.net/catalog/default.php

"Use no way as way, have no limitation as limitation." - Bruce Lee

Standard layout, but different looking. I like it.

The "click to enlarge" doesn't work as you javascript is bust.

Is the radio-button attribute chooser a contribution or did you make it specially ? Thats a nice touch.

"metal squatter" pic is missing.

Thanks for the compliments burt, and thanks to others for noticing the "little" stylesheet fault.

Radio buttons were self-made. Just hacked the product_info.php from the attributes part and replaced the select parts with radio buttons, fieldset, legends and labels.

The missing pics are because of the two catalogs. Everything else is working fine, except the two images directories. They are fixed now.

For larger Image I am trying to find a solution that would not open a New window, but would rather open it in same page with "back link".

When this gets opened, I will stick with the current version until templates model is ready (depending how flexible it is). Been checking the log files and currently around 95% could get the same layout as completely css-based.

Front page is down to less than 30k (from http://www.searchengineworld.com/cgi-bin/p...%2Fdefault.php), But I am not sure if it includes stylesheets. That is the goal I am after: more logigal, faster loading and a real treat for search-engines.

Been using the Jacob Nielsen/Bruce lee way (aka common sense) in the interface. If it is not used, I get rid of it or at least place it at the bottom of the page.

Very minimalistic, cut down version of OSC, which is refreshing to see.

My only gripe really is I am not a fan of dark e-commerce sites, espcially black.

When it is a general website I dont care, but when it means me handing over cash, I am just very careful around dark websites.

Also, as I have said before when a black webpage pops uup on my scren at work, I close it instantly!

I cant afford for p0rn sites to show up at work, or my neck would be on the line.

I am sure I can not be the only person who feels like this in the world, and it might just be detremental to some degree.

Overall looks nice, clean and is a tad buggy in places, but it sounds as tho you are working on that.

CC.

Your site looks nice, I would change black coloring to something more lively though. Also showing a link to a manufacture is not a very good idea. They might click the link and off they go. You want to keep them focused on buying stuff from you. Also, you should import cattle bells from russia and sell them on your site. Make a lot of cash this way :lol:

You are hopefully refering to kettlebells, otherwise there are some pretty damn strong cows in Russia :lol:

Actually, that fad has not caught Europe yet and probably wont as it is not easy to sell "russian secrets" to the public here as we know better.

And we do not sell every infomercial equipment or miracle supplements. If we do not believe in the product, we do not sell it.

The color point is valid and I changed the background color of the header section to white.

I think linking to manufacturer is good as are all external links as long as they are not selling the same stuff cheaper. This way customer can get more detailed info about the manufacturer and products if they want.

Archived