• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Total site makeover. Input needed

Yarhajile

Have been running a modified osCommerce shop for several years and are in the final stages of a revitalization and modernization project. The new site is only a few administrative tasks away from being complete, so I'm hoping to hear some real feedback.

Current site: thepartyworks.com

NEW website: devel.thepartyworks.com

Very anxious to hear what you have to say. Thanks!

Elijah

very nice, but a lot of purple colour - especially left side is more colourful compare to header main menu.

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

Yeah, purple and orange have been their colors for as long as I can remember. Tried to lighten up the site with the new design and get away from overusing those two colors like we've been so good at in the past! heheh

very nice, but a lot of purple colour - especially left side is more colourful compare to header main menu.

I like the new site a lot, it's clear and well laid out, the colours match the products, it's fun but pro, I'd buy from there. I love the fact that conditions, customer care etc. is clear and informative.

One thing I notice though is that the fly out menu for categories sort of "flies out" to the left and therefore out of the screen so to speak, so I can't click the categories.

~ Don't mistake my kindness for weakness ~

One thing I notice though is that the fly out menu for categories sort of "flies out" to the left and therefore out of the screen so to speak, so I can't click the categories.

Really? That's not right... What screen resolution are you running at? I'll get that taken care of definitely!

Thanks for the feedback, very much appreciated!

The fly-out menu should be fixed now for everything resolutions over 1024 wide. Other than the presentation, the major changes to the site have mostly been with navigation. The old site was horribly scattered and inconsistent in my opinion, that's what we are trying to correct with the new site through the use of filters instead of categories.

Hi,

I use 1024 x 768 screen resolution. I'm still experiencing the problem of the fly out menu being out of reach on my screen.

If it flew to the right instead of to the left there wouldn't be a problem.

Hi,

I use 1024 x 768 screen resolution. I'm still experiencing the problem of the fly out menu being out of reach on my screen.

If it flew to the right instead of to the left there wouldn't be a problem.

Whoops, forgot to flush the cache on the server. A refresh on your end too should take care of the menu issue. Thanks for your time

Elijah

It's perfect now :) I really really love your site. Did you do the layout and design yourself or is it a template? it's fantastic.

Some of the header design was inspired by a template we purchased but the structure, semantic markup, css and navigation are all done by hand. What is your opinion of the filters on the left when you navigate into one of the fly-out menu items? We're trying to make this particular portion of the site as easy to get around as possible since there's a LOT of products to weed through in the least amount of clicks possible by the visitor. I don't want visitors to feel overwhelmed by the filterable options, if not for the number of filters themselves but also for easy understanding of what those filters will show them.

Thanks!

Elijah

I think the filters are a great idea for stores like this one which carry a huge amount of items. I tried it, to me it makes sense, and in the blue bar I can always see where I am, it's clear and useful. I also like the fact that I can remove the filters whithout having to repeat the search from the beginning.

I'm thinking that usually people shopping on the net want to shop fast, so personally, in a shop with tons of products, I really appreciate a filterable option instead of having to browse through all the items, if I am forced to do that, I soon get bored and leave.

Bright and colorful as a party supply store should be. It is well laid out and easy to navigate . If there are any issues, I couldn't tell because I only took a brief look.

You've made a great first impression with me.

Congrats.

Bright and colorful as a party supply store should be. It is well laid out and easy to navigate . If there are any issues, I couldn't tell because I only took a brief look.

You've made a great first impression with me.

Congrats.

Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...

No OSC reference? This is a violation of the OSC commerce agreement. We should not be reviewing or commenting on your site without it!

During the times that the review was taking place, that OSC reference was there. I have since removed it and have no intentions of putting it back. My bad for not noting that sooner in this post.

To everyone else, please ignore this thread as I no longer need input. Thanks to everyone who did give their input, it was useful and very welcome!

Archived