• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Newletter products V3.0

webhost_john

Can anyone please advise what may be wrong? ;)

I am getting the following error when selecting 'New Newsletter'

Warning: dir(DIR_WS_TEMPLATES) [function.dir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory.

Added

//newsletter products

define('DIR_WS_TEMPLATES', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'templates/');

//end newsletter products

to admin/includes/configure.php

Created dir in admin 'templates' and changed chmod to 777

Installed the complete system on a new test shop installation but still get the same error.

Any ideas ??????????????????????????

I just installed this contribution last month and do not have any problems. Did you upload your template to that directory?

Doulbe check the install directions again, to make sure you didnt miss anything.

Can anyone please advise what may be wrong? ;)

I am getting the following error when selecting 'New Newsletter'

Warning: dir(DIR_WS_TEMPLATES) [function.dir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory.

Added

//newsletter products

//end newsletter products

to admin/includes/configure.php

Created dir in admin 'templates' and changed chmod to 777

Installed the complete system on a new test shop installation but still get the same error.

Any ideas ??????????????????????????

I just installed this contribution last month and do not have any problems. Did you upload your template to that directory?

Doulbe check the install directions again, to make sure you didnt miss anything.

Hi oldschoo

Thanks for your help.

Yes I have a template in the dir, the only thing I might be doing that might be different is the e-shop is in a sub_directory so the templates is in the following: /public_html/spice/admin/templates. Not sure if that will make a difference everything else works fine. As a test I have even changed the code to point to the backup directory and that fails also.

Any other ideas I can try.

Regards

John

John

Im not sure if this will work or not. You can try changing

to

define('DIR_WS_TEMPLATES', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'spice/admin/templates/'); You can try with and without the public_html

I am pretty sure your problem in the admin/includes/configure.php file.

In that same file has a place for

define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/path to admin/');

define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/server/username/public_html/path to admin/');

These will help you determine what should be put in define('DIR_WS_TEMPLATES', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'templates/');

You can also try deleting the templats folder in admin and re uploading it with your template. Make sure the file name is a small "t" and not "Templates"

If you can view page source, that may give you some more information, or your error report from you cpanel.

John

Im not sure if this will work or not. You can try changing

to

define('DIR_WS_TEMPLATES', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'spice/admin/templates/'); You can try with and without the public_html

I am pretty sure your problem in the admin/includes/configure.php file.

In that same file has a place for

define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/path to admin/');

define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/server/username/public_html/path to admin/');

These will help you determine what should be put in define('DIR_WS_TEMPLATES', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'templates/');

You can also try deleting the templats folder in admin and re uploading it with your template. Make sure the file name is a small "t" and not "Templates"

If you can view page source, that may give you some more information, or your error report from you cpanel.

Beth

Thanks again for your help.

I need my backside kicking /I could say much worse

I have been coping files using ftp not realising you can't over right the configure.php without changing the permissions. What a dick head.

However I am not out of the woods just yet, now when I save the newsletter the error: "Newsletter Module required" appears and I am unable to save the newsletter.

Any ideas what this might be and which file is it created from. I have checked and all the files are copied over okay.

When I aventually get this working I would like to merge the Newsletter_Products with Newsletter_Subcribers do you or anyone else no how to this???

Thanks John

It sounds like you are missing some files.

Make sure you have:

admin/includes/modules/newsletters directory - and the three different newsletters (newsletter.php, newsletter_products.php, product_notifications.php)

admin/includes/languages/english/newsletter directory and the different newsletters