• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] myQBI Quickbooks Sync Support

This is the Support Thread for myQBI Quickbooks Sync contribution.

myQBI Sync lets you import and match Quickbooks items to osCommerce products, and export customer orders in IIF format for Quickbooks.

If you already do payment checking, printing invoices and order processing on your admin website, this is all you need to export orders to Quickbooks, no need for external order management software!

The contribution works well for shops with 100’s of products and simple mapping from osC products to Quickbooks inventory.

For large sites and/or more advanced inventory, attribute, and order management features, please visit www.myQBI.com for the premium myQBI software.

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7043

Edited by myQBI

• 2 weeks later...

yahalimu:

You'll need to do some coding for UK quickbooks as it works for USA Quickbooks as is.

If you are using newer QB version, most of the work is in the taxes code (getTaxIIF in qbw_quickbooks.php) as the export format is same as USA, in older versions UK uses vat headers in the IIF file.

You can also download the premium version off my website and try out myQBI first, before attempting to code it... it's a 30 day free trial version and supports non-USA quickbooks.

Enjoy.

Don't have ioncube on my VPS yet so installed MyQBI-sync instead to check it out.

Easy installation, took 30 mins. Looks good.

Obviously cant test properly cos I've got UK quickbooks and I'm not familiar enough with the QB IFF format to change the tax details code.

Looks like I've gotta install ioncube this weekend. Easier option me-thinks..

What exactly does the paid version have over the synch version ? (Apart from the ability to use other than US quickbooks).

Will it be easy to install over the synch version ?

How much does the paid version cost presently? We WILL be purchasing a licence or two if it works, this contribution will save hours of bookkeeping data entry.

Good work..

Looks like a sweet bit of code..

• 2 weeks later...

just installed onto a slightly modified OSC 2.2-MS2 installation and when viewing /admin/qb_export.php?selected_box=qb_admin I get teh following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_hide_session_id() in /home/framel/public_html/admin/includes/classes/qbw_quickbooks.php on line 105

Will I break anything if I comment out this reference?

Thanks!

When installing on OSC 2.2-MS2, the file catalog/admin/includes/functions/qbw_general.php may need to be modified.

on about line 69, replace

return strftime(DATE_FORMAT_TEXT, mktime($hour, $minute, $second, $month, $day, $year));

with

return strftime($raw_date, mktime($hour, $minute, $second, $month, $day, $year));

jmr,

1- tep_hide_session_id() should be part of standard oscommerce 2.2 install, in the catalog/admin/includes/functions/html_output.php file

shouldn't be a problem if you edit it out.

2- thx for catching the typo in $nbsp;

3- DATE_FORMAT_TEXT should have been included in installation doc as adding the following line to the admin/includes/languages/english.php:

define('DATE_FORMAT_TEXT', '%d %b %Y');

or you could add it to the qbw_includes.php as well.

I'll upload a new version with changes.

cheers.

Hi all,

Looking forward to trying your contribution. I have it installed, but when I go to import INVIMPORT.iif, QBACCT.iif and QBMISC.iif per your instructions, I hit "update", it thinks for a bit, then returns me to the same screen with nothing imported, no error message, no errors in the error log... Just silent error :(. Is there a way to import these iif files into the db manually? Or is there perhaps permission issues to a temp directory etc?

Another thing I noticed (besides the missing Event logs which i haven't fixed yet - do you have a link to that file?) is that in the install instructions, it says to add:

includes/javascript/spiffCal folder (may already exist depending on your other contributions)

This was not included with the contribution, but I looked in my install (MS2) and there is a folder in /includes/javascript called "spiffyCal" - Is that the same thing? Is there a problem with the slight difference in naming?

For the record, in the getting started guide, I think adding a little instruction regarding the production of iif files from QB would have saved me a lot of time -(for instance just adding the navigation in Quickbooks 2009:

File / Utilities / Export / Lists as IIF files...

I was hacking around with Lists... Item List... Export... csv... got lost there hehe.

Please let me know if you have a clue why my QB iif files will not import? I am stuck until I can get that initial data in correct?

Thanks,

Jim

OK, looks like an instruction is missing...

** Create a directory: /catalog/admin/quickbooks

(i assumed permissions 777)

This is set up in the configure.php:

define ('DIR_FS_CATALOG_QUICKBOOKS', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'quickbooks/');

This is where the IIF files get uploaded. It simply didn't exist.

Maybe the error reporting only goes to the non-existent qb_logs.php which then processes the errors? Looks like a couple missing pieces are making this a bit of a puzzle. It would be nice to see it a bit more organized if they are trying to entice us to buy the pro version :)

hope this helps someone!

J

Hi,

spiffyCal is the correct one, sorry for the typo.

Good feedback on the QB file navigation info for exporting/importing IIF files to add to the guide, as well as adding to create the admin/quickbooks directory.

A quick / dirty way to check your IIF files would be to install the commercial myQBI version to test your import/exports, as the error handling and logs are available. You can always remove it once it works as you expect and install the open source version.

cheers

• 3 months later...

Hi, I'm just now upgrading from 2.2 MS2 to 2.2 RC2a. I currently have QBI 2_10 working on MS2 with all the appropriate database adds.

Do you happen to know if QBI 2_10 will still work on RC2a? What features this new version has over the old QBI? And most important, if I upgrade to this will it conflict at all with the years of data that has already been imported into QB?

Any clarification so I can make a good choice going forward would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Adrienne

• 2 weeks later...

I have a couple of "products" that are actually groups. You order one, and you're actually ordering a set of products.

QuickBooks is set up for these groups, but MyQBI doesn't seem to know anything about them.

How can I import these?

Hi,

this sounds like exactly what i'm looking for, just one question before i start.

do the products have to exisit in QB before the import from osC begins? Or will your contrib create the product in QB at the same time as importing the data?

the reason is that my product only exist on my web site, they do not exist in QB at all and there are 11,000 of them so id rather not have to imput them into QB.

thanks

zac

• 7 months later...

I'm having trouble Modifying and Adding required mySQL database tables. I'm using godaddy.com mysql (Starfield Technologies). I logged into it and click on SQL and then I just copied and pasted this into "run sql query" area:

ORDERS:
Modify ëORDERSí  table to add 2 fields (using phpMyAdmin):

ALTER TABLE orders 
ADD ( `tax_country_id` int(11) default NULL,
 	`tax_zone_id` int(11) default NULL 
);

ORDERS_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES:
Modify  ëorders_products_attributesí  table to add 2 fields (using phpMyAdmin):
(not required for CRE loaded as the table already has the 2 fields)

ALTER TABLE orders_products_attributes
	ADD ( `products_options_id` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
        	`products_options_values_id` int(11) NOT NULL default '0'
      );

And it gave me this error:

SQL query:

ORDERS : MODIFY ëORDERSí TABLE TO ADD 2 FIELDS (
USING phpMyAdmin
) : ALTER TABLE orders ADD (
`tax_country_id` int( 11 ) default NULL ,
`tax_zone_id` int( 11 ) default NULL
);

MySQL said: Documentation
#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ORDERS:
Modify ëORDERSí  table to add 2 fields (using phpMyAdmin):

ALTER T' at line 1 

Am I even doing this right? lol I have no idea how to do this stuff. Am I supposed to do something completely different? Please help.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm using QuickBooks Pro 2012 and this add-on does not work with that version. Installed in my OS 2.3.1 seems fine except under the Export Orders the Order Date column shows only "DATE_FORMAT_TEXT" instead of the order date.

Issues

- It will not import my IIF files from my QuickBooks Pro 2012 into the Admin area. After I click "update now" nothing happens. Tried all 3 files.

- Export order file crashes my QuickBooks when trying to import.

- Since unable to import the QB IIF files unable to set any configuration settings in OScommerce

Seems like a great contribution and will be very helpful. Hope it can get updated. Anyone have modifications for QB versions other than 2008-2009 or suggestions?

Thanks

• 6 months later...

Hello all;

I utilize QB Enterprise v12 (2012) and unlike previous poster I CAN get the QBACCTS and the QBMISC iif files to import. However, like the previous poster i CAN NOT get the INVIMPORT to import. It contains 6149 items. Some are Groups most are not.

Since the inventory file does not import this is of little value. It would be better if the IIF files were placed on the server prior to importation since the interface seems to time out before completion on large files such as my inventory. Just a thought.

OH Well back to my modification of QBI 2.10c to work on OSC 2.3.1

BJ

BTW I also pulled and installed hughesca's files AFTER the original files had an issue. His has the same issue.

Edited by Chadduck