• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Ideal Sinks Tell me what ya think

I'm thinking you neglected to read the forum rules at the top of this page:

My Store Forum Channel Rules (Read Before Posting)

In addition to the forum rules, live stores discussed in this channel must be powered by osCommerce Online Merchant and have the "Powered by osCommerce" text displayed on the site. Not only is the osCommerce solution being used, but valuable feedback will also be presented by the osCommerce community.

If you come across a post not related to an osCommerce powered live store, the live store not having the "Powered by osCommerce" text, or the live store breaking the forum rules of presenting osCommerce related services (eg, web hosting), please report it so it can be deleted.

By that standard you should be excluded from community feedback until that criteria is met.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

I see you have met the requirement for feedback.

Just a technical observation.

You have SSL coverage but the create account link at the top of the page isn't taking advantage of this asset.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

Hi,

your SSL appears not to have been configured correctly, for example the create_account page: when clicked from the navigation bar, it is ssl protected, when clicked from the log in box, it's not ssl protected but once I reach an ssl protected page your index, information and contact us pages (all links in header) remain ssl protected.

Your contact us form has no name, address or phone number.

There are some cartoon icons left (shipping, what's new).

One thing I notice is that on all your pages you have the "our guarantee" box which in my opinion should be placed further down the page because right now the actual page content is moved right down to the bottom. For example in the create account page it's annoying to have to scroll down in order to fill in the details, same goes for the log in page. I think your guarantee box should be placed high above in pages like about us for instance, but not in all pages and especially not in your product and category pages.

Just a detail, but I think your manufacturer's box (the second one) is too large in height which leaves a big grey space underneath the drop down menu. Perhaps you should put together both of your manufacturer's boxes and place the white drop down menu underneath the scrolling.

Still regarding the manufacturer boxes, I'm not sure about this but I think you may have incomplete (broken) links: if I click any link from there I get to a page with a link that seems incomplete: for example http://www.yoursite.com/-m-21.html.

It may be just me but whatever page I click I first get your left column's boxes completely strechted out to fill the whole page, it lasts about 2 seconds then gets back to normal.

Your choice of colour certainly matches your products, I love the metallic/industrial look with copper coloured touches :) . You could go further with this idea and make some shiny chrome effects perhaps in your banner or box headings and also in your category pointers (pointer_blue_light.gif), it would look great with your products, a great tool for achieving this is the Alien Skin plug in for Paintshop Pro.

~ Don't mistake my kindness for weakness ~

I see you have met the requirement for feedback.

Just a technical observation.

You have SSL coverage but the create account link at the top of the page isn't taking advantage of this asset.

It is now.

;)

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

Archived