• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Messed up Permissions big time!

hmkiernan

Okay I tried amending the permissions on all my files and folders for security reasons but I messed up big time. I'm currently trying to overwrite all the files via FTP but somehow I dont think that is going to work. I backed everything up and was thinking about just deleting all the oscommerce files from the website through cpanel and uploading them afresh, what would happen then? I dont want to delete the lot then have to start from scratch again.

Okay I tried amending the permissions on all my files and folders for security reasons but I messed up big time. I'm currently trying to overwrite all the files via FTP but somehow I dont think that is going to work. I backed everything up and was thinking about just deleting all the oscommerce files from the website through cpanel and uploading them afresh, what would happen then? I dont want to delete the lot then have to start from scratch again.

on public_html change permission to 755 and do recursively, images folder will have to be changed to upload images so make it 666 and also any other folders you wish to upload

Try that it should help you out

Steve

Archived