• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Please Review My Site

bagsandblankets

www DOT bagsandblankets DOT com

Could anyone please review our new site.

This is our first attempt at OScommerce having using 123-reg previously.

Our site has been live about 1 month and we have had a few orders, however we have also noticed some users on the site with items in their shopping basket, but they do not complete and actually buy the item.

If there is something that could improve this, or something we have forgot and missed out.

Any help from more experienced oscommercers greatly appreciated.

In addition to the forum rules, live stores discussed in this channel must be powered by osCommerce Online Merchant and have the "Powered by osCommerce" text displayed on the site. Not only is the osCommerce solution being used, but valuable feedback will also be presented by the osCommerce community.

If you come across a post not related to an osCommerce powered live store, the live store not having the "Powered by osCommerce" text, or the live store breaking the forum rules of presenting osCommerce related services (eg, web hosting), please report it so it can be deleted.

But as a start I would add SSL.

Further reviews will follow after the above rules are taken care off.

Apart from the "Powered by oscommerce" missing text I think it is clear to see the alignment is wrong. The header and footer has a big gap on the right hand side. Have you wondered why the boxes in column left are wider than those in column right? Try shortening the category: Seasonal/halloween/christmas

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Archived