• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Web Hosts - Who Do you recommend?

wumagic

I am beginning to believe you are arguing for arguments sake.

If that is the case please stop bugging me and go elsewhere.

If you want compatibility, ask for it.

As yet no one else has.

This thread started from the comment:

I am looking for cheap hosting here in the US that will support a OSCommerce site.. Who do you recommend?

At which point did that person ask for compatibilty?!

FYI - you need

PHP

mySQL

register_globals = on

Now I have no more time or you, as you are nothing more that trouble making here.

Either PM Harald and wait for his response or stop arguing.

The rules state:

The forum is for information exchange only. Commercial advertising is not allowed.

People try to advise that you do not advertise hosting companies, but recommend by PM, but do not post here, becos as soon as you do it goes mad with soddin Hosting companies battling for a new customer.

If you dont like this thinking, wait for Harald to repsond to your request.

In the meantime if you can not follow the rules. DO NOT POST!

Your one man war will not win if Harald does not agree.

So you can go on and on until you are blue in the face, we can do nothing to help you, and you will not change our thinking.

Harald has the final say, so go and speak to him about your trivial matters and let us all get on.

CC.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me try to clearly state this ... :?

Move your discussion over to a webhosting discussion board and not here ... it has no place here, this is not a site to advertise who you think is great or get kudos for referrals ...

And while you are at it ... can you guys take a moment to breath and grow up just a wee little bit? :shock:

Read through this post and then ask yourself "... gee, did I really write that and post it in an open forum?" and "... golly, but does that make me look like a total jerk?"

If you answer yes to one or both of these questions ... it is time to take a break ... :roll:

I am beginning to believe you are arguing for arguments sake.

If that is the case please stop bugging me and go elsewhere.

If you want compatibility, ask for it.

As yet no one else has.

This thread started from the comment:

I am looking for cheap hosting here in the US that will support a OSCommerce site.. Who do you recommend?

At which point did that person ask for compatibilty?!

FYI - you need

PHP

mySQL

register_globals = on

Now I have no more time or you, as you are nothing more that trouble making here.

Then stop posting and so will I,

The the Post stated

he is asking for a host that will be compaitible with OSC

Registar Globals are not the ONLY thing, I have heard of Issues with 4.3 and other items of incompatibly, .......

Michael

curiously, this hasn't turned into a spam-fest where folks are listing their commercial services. Hmm....

Still, rseigel you haven't convinced me that I am forbidden to post an osCommerce virtual host when it is requested is one of the "Rules of the Forum". All I see are that commercial posts aren't allowed, where do they [the developers] say anywhere that someone can't recommend a virtual host, as you claim, or that they consider that a commercial post? Your argument (still) is weak.

*edit*

Move your discussion over to a webhosting discussion board and not here ... it has no place here, this is not a site to advertise who you think is great or get kudos for referrals ...

That was made by Linda who is a moderator here. What part of that don't you understand?

Well, the one thing missing here is that Linda hasn't locked this thread like any of the other moderators would have in a heartbeat. No idea why but I'm sure someone else will take care of it soon.

Wow. 4 Pages. Impressive. Has anyone considered asking this question on webhostingtalk.com? Not to be weird here folks, but I come here to figure out how to solve problems I have with oscommerce, moding oscommerce, where oscommerce is going. I go to WHT for questions on servers, hosts and why my load average is so high.

Here's a link...

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search.php?s...rder=descending

Thanks,

Iggy :D

Everything's funny but nothing's a joke...

1> Rules are made to be broken,

Yes, and please don't complain when you find your user account locked ;)

2> I dont feel I am breaking the rules anyway, as I am not "adverising" in the since that most people with any common sense would consider advertising, I am merly recomminged a host that I have had good luck with, and that I know for a fact has everything OSC need to run, some host dont, i.e Globals turned off, or other server/php issues...

It is common for hosting providers to "suggest" their services as normal users. There is no way to differentiate between indirect and direct advertising, so it is flat out not allowed here.

You can ofcourse PM the author of the thread.

3> this a OSC support site, OSC need hosting to run, therefore IMO that is part of the support of OSC

Yes, look at the top right corner ;)

This is a support site for osCommerce, not for discussing what hosting provider is best. There are specific places for that that have already been linked tol in this thread.

I've deleted the direct and indirect advertisements in this thread.

:heart:, osCommerce

Good god, is this thread still going? I thought that flame wars like this only happened over at WeeklyWorldNews.com!!! Now that's a fun site!!!!

We're all here for the same reason : to help eachother develop our own ability to use the fantastic OSC software; so let's just get on with it, eh gang?

:D :D :D

Oh do please grow up ...

Like anyone would want to host with you after crap like that? Do get real.

Very unprofessional attitude for not being capable of following the forum rules.

Bill Banks has returned!

This is the second time an account of yours has been banned from here due to spam.

If you don't understand the actions, get in contact with me via email and I will gladly assist you further.

Threats will lead to nothing.

:heart:, osCommerce

Linda, you really don't want to mess with me. I will take action!! The question was asked. But I guess you are a women in a man's  fleid. PLEASE DONT PUSH ME........ I really dont want to push back..... Please

It's one thing to advertise and quite another to make a blatant threat against someone. I am new here Bill and don't know your history on OSC but there is NO EXCUSE for making a threat, particularly not in open view of over 2000 other members.

Linda, you really don't want to mess with me. I will take action!! The question was asked. But I guess you are a women in a man's  fleid. PLEASE DONT PUSH ME........ I really dont want to push back..... Please

It's one thing to advertise and quite another to make a blatant threat against someone. I am new here Bill and don't know your history on OSC but there is NO EXCUSE for making a threat, particularly not in open view of over 2000 other members.

Ehmm.. make that 5186 registered users, not counting guests.

I guess they're all seriously eager to sign up with a webhost that repetitively breaks forum rules and threatens Team Members...

Seems a nice guy to host your osC site with... ;)

"Politics is the art of preventing people from taking part in affairs which properly concern them"

Archived