• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Web Hosts - Who Do you recommend?

wumagic

lol

Why would anyone host with that guy even if he did not threaten people

his site is VERY unprofessional, look like something I did when i was just getting in to HTML

his prices are HIGH, and he does not explain any thing about the packages i.e transfer limts, email accounts etc...

He even sent me a PM offering is OSC modification Skills, after look at his web site, I would say he has no skills

Michael

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
make that 5186 registered users, not counting guests.

Good job Mattice

I was a lazy arse and couldn't be bothered going back to the forum front to see how many members there were here. Thanks for putting me right.

And people, don't be so hard on Bill. He's offering a GREAT deal of a four page, Microsoft Frontpage developed website using TIMES NEW ROMAN of all fonts for just ?350.00...... Now that's a great deal!

Bill, you're having a laugh.

Linda, you really don't want to mess with me. I will take action!! The question was asked. But I guess you are a women in a man's  fleid. PLEASE DONT PUSH ME........ I really dont want to push back..... Please

I am stunned! :shock:

Pardon me, But...

What an asshole!

(I normally wouldnt be so harsh)

But that is just crazy talk from a fool. :shock:

Go get a life Bill, some skills would be good if you want to make cash and while your at it buy yourself some manners and respect!

CC.

Bill does have one good point though.

He has stopped you lot arguing over a pointless petty disscussion, whoever was right or wrong did it really need to go on for 6 pages.

I suppose by me adding this mail I am just as bad myself, I just couldn't resist.

p.s. A woman in a man's field, would that Old Macdonald's missus then. :D

He has stopped you lot arguing over a pointless petty disscussion, whoever was right or wrong did it really need to go on for 6 pages.

The beauty of an Open Forum my friend! :wink:

CC.

Is he called OurWeb because nobody else wants it? :lol:

I gotta have that rotating globule thingy for the Hall of Shame! Is it supposed to be earth, or a 1980's retro game graphic?

Many Thanks,

Steve

p.s. A woman in a man's field, would that Old Macdonald's missus then.

I just stumbled onto this thread & came close to seriously hurting myself laughing so hard at this comment....

Ol Bill shure duz hav a point tho - dint y'all know that us wimmin-folk ain't good for nuthin' othr than stayin home an' raisin' the young-uns? An o'course havin' new young-uns....gotsta have lots of younguns to tend to all them men's fields.....

ROFL -- sorry, I just couldn't resist.... I'm not a 'womans-libber' by any means, but it's hard to believe that neanderthals like this Bill guy still exist.....

(ducking back into lurk mode before I get myself in trouble...) 8)

...  places like webhostingtalk, are very far from unbiased, and are nothing more than a spam feat for hosts......  

I think that is the whole reason that users like Ron are getting fed up with all the "I need a good host recommendation" posts. This type of posts does nothing BUT invite commercial posts, referrals, etc. and make this board turn into the same thing you say you hate. So, yes finding a host is a VERY important step in setting up an e-commerce site. But as the development team has stated (again, and again), this is not the place for that. They have offered alternatives and if you don't like those listed, do you have an alternatives that have not been run into a "spam feat?"

Anyway, seeing this board grow to 5k+ members, I sincerely hope that that the dev team considers lightening their load by picking out a few of the frequent posters on here (and have handled themselves professionally), and make them forum moderators, not a member of the dev team mind you, perhaps one for each of the main categories. I understand a few team members have "Support" titles... but I'm speaking of more or less of managing the various forum topics.. perhaps merging, purging, splurging (hey it was the only word left that ryhmed). Thus resulting in those that are indeed members of the development team to do just that.. Develop.

IMHO, It would be a great step forward to try and make new users start to be self-sufficient with some good documentation. Perhaps that is a goal for those "Support" team members and is in some stage already -- I don't know if that is the case.. I haven't heard any talk on the issue. (I know it would be difficult in some instances with things constantly evolving - but now with MS1 completed you would at least have a starting point). Anyway, I remember how I felt when I first looked at osC and started reading some documentation and then bang! 404 - Not Found errors started popping up. It was a little disheartening... but not suprised as this is a GPL'd project.

Sorry I couldn't resist adding to the M

Now this thread is almost 7 pages and at least for members of the dev team have stopped in and said hello!

So, I just want to say "Hi" to everyone! How has your day been? Mine has been pretty good. I've been working on an osC site all day! :D

p.s. a thread like this one is a great example of merging, purging, & splurging. It does very little for those reading. And for those who are posting.. most could be substituted for one of those bean-bag blow-up punch guys that you can hit & kick and keep coming back for more.

My day has been quite good, working on a non-osC site :D

I agree that 7-page threads are useless for new users looking for advice. I do not agree that the "support" people should edit them. I believe in free speach :lol: Actually, most of my editing is removing double posts...

As for my support activity, I rarely read long threads. I will look for subjects with 0 answer and help if I can. Maybe I'm mistaken, but I think I'm most helpful that way.

As for the documentation, wait and see :o

Christian Lescuyer

p.s. a thread like this one is a great example of merging, purging, & splurging.

Argh a new word to add to the moderator dictionary. Splurging... :lol:

I like it.

I do not agree that the "support" people should edit them. I believe in free speach

Would love to agree with you on that one Christian, but I believe in using the rules, it helps to control the madness. Sometimes...! :shock:

And that Bill geeza was well out of order, Linda did the best thing by censoring him.

Nuff said now tho, I cant even remember what the original question was really... :lol: :lol: :lol:

CC.

I do not agree that the "support" people should edit them. I believe in free speech

I too am FOR free speech. However, you and I both know there are laws governing it. I think 100% free speech is a natural right.. and leaving a shoe imprint on their face after the fact is a natural right also. However, just like free speech, that too is governed.

As for the documentation, wait and see  :o

Well, any news is good news!

P.S.

I cant even remember what the original question was really

Trust me... that is a good thing! Perhaps now this will dwindle off the new post list and into the "I did a search but couldn't find anything" area.

Yes, look at the top right corner ;)

and we have found the TRUE modivation...............

"pair or no one" :roll:

Heh.

That said, even though they may be an osC sponsor, they're actually a pretty great host.

Before going dedicated, I used them. They're old, quite established. Unlike most others I've tried (since, 95 or 96, whenever it is I got involved in the commercial side of the net), no real complaints. MANY other hosts are just *horrible* -- if anything, Harald et al not wanting other hosts mentioned here is almost a good thing, in that regard. Heh. Now, they do have some funky cron limits and whatnot since they like to keep their loads low, but that should be no problem with an osC based sites.

When I used 'em, they ran on rock solid FreeBSD servers and seperate servers just for MySQL databases. Multiple tier 1 bandiwdth providers, with tuned connections. Good stuff. I wish I could run FreeBSD where I am now, but my dedicated provider only allows Linux at this time. Oh well.

I'm glad this host supports osc. They're certainly two of the better options out there in their respective categories.

Now if I could only find a toothpaste half as good as either, I'd be all set. Man, my teeth would be so sparklin' white and have a low bacterial load, to boot. My teeth parse times would be sooooo low. :D

(and, no, i would not bother asking about hosts at hosting forums like WHT -- you want spam, really want spam, you go there. Unless people are piping up with negative comments, you mostly just get fed a load of crap. If anyone cares to, you can pm me and i can tell you like 10 hosts to stay away from, heh, 2 virtual that've been good, and the dedicated I'm with now that is A OK. I don't get any money or kudos for doing so, but I sure am addicted to telling other people the best of everything I know. Helping people really is it's own reward. And you can often get some good advice in return someday, which is another great reward, of course. Tell me anything good in return via pm -- places to advertise, where to get cool shoes, whatever, and I'm happy. :))

ORIGINAL POST EDITED OUT COMPLETELY

These posts are totally uncalled for ... enough now. This thread is locked.

Linda McGrath

I haven't lost my mind,

I have it backed up on disk, somewhere...

Archived