• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OSCOMMERCE IN AJAX

axioma

This is the "official support place.

please enhance and join this nice addon for our stores.

ofisial sitio de OSCOMMERCE IN AJAX.

thanks to

esequielp

Thanks , axioma, Do you can Donwload it ? please if you can please Upload it here, because I have problems to upload it correctly.. thank you...

so, if i understand it correct: this is a full AJAX oscommerce_site ?

AJAX is a perfect solution in some situations > a full AJAX site is overdone, or better: it's wrong use of AJAX

just my opinion of course ;)

Edited by peter222

what is the link to download the package so i can test it ?

link was this **removed**

From our forum rules :

All external solutions (Contributions) discussed in the forums must be freely available under the GNU General Public License (GPL) and must also be freely available for download at the Contributions section on the osCommerce support site. Links to contributions must be to the relevant page in the Contributions section and not to external sites.

Commercial postings and linking to external sites providing osCommerce related products and services are not allowed on the osCommerce Community Support Forums.

Edited by Jan Zonjee

Thats all very well and good when it can be uploaded to the contributions forum, i just tried to upload it and it stopped uploading.

That is what Esequielp also complained about but I see regularly uploads that are well over the 300 KB limit (often the osc zip they just downloaded because it is usually new users) so I don't have an explanation of that.

It should be a zip (I guess that is not the problem). Perhaps renaming the file helps? There might be some bug in the code that prevents the use of that name?

That is what Esequielp also complained about but I see regularly uploads that are well over the 300 KB limit (often the osc zip they just downloaded because it is usually new users) so I don't have an explanation of that.

It should be a zip (I guess that is not the problem). Perhaps renaming the file helps? There might be some bug in the code that prevents the use of that name?

Hi Its a zip file, just tried again, renamed it and done same thing the upload suddenly stops, file is 5mb in size so its not that large.

For some reason it just wont accept it, time out problems maybe?

Steve

Edited by steve_s

For some reason it just wont accept it, time out problems maybe?

I guess so. Tried it myself and I get the error: "All fields required."

Of course it doesn't help to keep all your sql backups in there. Thumbs.db files of 0.5 MB and what looks like two installations of tinymce (tinymce and tiny_mce so which one is actually used?). Tried to clean it up but the zip is still 4.4 MB and times out.

Not that I look kindly of contributions that are complete installations of osC and leave it up to the downloader to find out what is changed and what is duplicated from a regular osC installation....

I guess so. Tried it myself and I get the error: "All fields required."

Of course it doesn't help to keep all your sql backups in there. Thumbs.db files of 0.5 MB and what looks like two installations of tinymce (tinymce and tiny_mce so which one is actually used?). Tried to clean it up but the zip is still 4.4 MB and times out.

Not that I look kindly of contributions that are complete installations of osC and leave it up to the downloader to find out what is changed and what is duplicated from a regular osC installation....

Hi,

it seems tiny_mce is the one that is being used

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for this add-on! It would be very useful if it works. However, when I import the oscommerce.sql file I get this error from mysql:

#1044 - Access denied for user 'markets'@'10.%' to database 'oscommerce'

I also tried to import it manually (by copying the contents of the sql file into the db), then it asked for the username and password of some server.

I am able to create tables and stuff in the database manually. Does someone know what's wrong here?

Thanks for this add-on! It would be very useful if it works. However, when I import the oscommerce.sql file I get this error from mysql:

#1044 - Access denied for user 'markets'@'10.%' to database 'oscommerce'

I also tried to import it manually (by copying the contents of the sql file into the db), then it asked for the username and password of some server.

I am able to create tables and stuff in the database manually. Does someone know what's wrong here?

open the sql file up

and delete this

create database if not exists `oscommerce`;

USE `oscommerce`;

or run the sql not on a database it will create the database for you or make a database called oscommerce

Edited by steve_s

• 1 month later...

Hi i'm currently using the amazing "oscommerce in ajax" , it's working nice around 98% , still having trouble with the charset cause i'm using € currency and french language... hoping finding a solution to the <?> symbol who are replacing the € ,é,è.

If you have an idea, let's talk about it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi i'm currently using the amazing "oscommerce in ajax" , it's working nice around 98% , still having trouble with the charset cause i'm using € currency and french language... hoping finding a solution to the <?> symbol who are replacing the € ,é,è.

If you have an idea, let's talk about it.

use utf8 codes for them symbols

• 2 weeks later...

use utf8 codes for them symbols

hi,

I'm Davide, from italy, I think this was a great contrib, if you use a new install of osc, but people like me that use osc since 7 years have many contrib installed, so...

Can i have one text file where are indicated the passages to do this great modify???

I image that this file it's soo loooong, but it's what i need.

hi,

I'm Davide, from italy, I think this was a great contrib, if you use a new install of osc, but people like me that use osc since 7 years have many contrib installed, so...

Can i have one text file where are indicated the passages to do this great modify???

I image that this file it's soo loooong, but it's what i need.

Hi

You would have to do a file compare on all files and add extra code, hopefully it will work with your mods as it uses ajax im not sure it will work fully 100% it well might

Steve

Hi

You would have to do a file compare on all files and add extra code, hopefully it will work with your mods as it uses ajax im not sure it will work fully 100% it well might

Steve

Hi,

wich program do this file compare, preferring opensource?

• 3 weeks later...