• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Store Feedback Requested

sapguy

Top of this page:

My Store Forum Channel Rules (Read Before Posting)

In addition to the forum rules, live stores discussed in this channel must be powered by osCommerce Online Merchant and have the "Powered by osCommerce" text displayed on the site. Not only is the osCommerce solution being used, but valuable feedback will also be presented by the osCommerce community.

If you come across a post not related to an osCommerce powered live store, the live store not having the "Powered by osCommerce" text, or the live store breaking the forum rules of presenting osCommerce related services (eg, web hosting), please report it so it can be deleted.

By that account you don't qualify for feedback at the time this was posted.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

The situation mentioned in my last post has been rectified...

You may fire when ready, Gridley...

;)

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

VERY nice start.. I think you are really working hard to remove yourself fromthe standard OSC look, and you are doing a good job. There is still a LOT to do.

You have a fluid width website, which makes your website look VERY open and "empty" on my screen, but when i change the resolution, it gets cluttered. I would create a fixed width website. Very easy to do with this:ADDON HERE

your flyout menu is ugly. I think you could do better with a nice CSS menu instead. The bold lettering against that color background is just - bleh. Something cleaner with more style to it would really make a HUGE difference.

And while I am on that menu.. SHEESH you have a LOAD of sub categories under certain main cats. You should consider separating them a little bit more. I take that back!! I just clicked on one of your "sub categories" and its actually a product.. I dont like that. I would rather click on a category and see a bunch of thumbnails and choose. Who shops for clothes based on text?? Remove the products from your category menu and just make basic categories.

I do not particularly like the layout of the product info page. It looks like the picture does not belong with the description. I would put the picture inside of that beige box and align the image left and the text right and you will look a LOT more organized. I like the large image with the hover effect for the multiple images. VERY nice for a clothing store - definitely keep that.

Heres another issue with your product info page.. Your BRAND images really mess up your right column. Your FRESH KHARMA brand image is too big.

My suggestion is remove the right column and put the shopping cart in the header.. Your header is almost non existent - so you definitely have some room to play there. the put the newsletter thing on the left column. removing that column paired with centering the website will make a HUGE difference just with those two little changes.. adding a menu will only enhance that further. If you REALLY want the brand logos, put them in the product descriptions.. it will look nice that way i think

when you click on the MAIN categories, you get the product list (which is ok) but you see an empty image place holder in the top right.. If you click on just DENIM, you will see it up there on the top right. That is because you did not upload a category graphic, and still have a CALL for a category graphic so it yields an empty box

the "shop by brand" drop down menu could be very nicely stylized with CSS as well.. i HATE those grey drop downs and they should be avoided at any cost when its possible.

Once you add those fixes.. let me know.. that might be all you need... it might not.

Oh yea. One more thing.. You have that nice little pattern at the top of your web page. WHY NOT put that in the background of your infobox headers? It would really tie it in nicely i think.. make the box headers taller and put the text over it and you should have it nicely tied in

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

OHH one more.. a jacket caught my eye and i really like it.. considered buying it.. but theres a BIG issue with your images addon.. you have a really large image, which is nice.. and on this particular jacket, you have about 5 smaller images (GREAT! I LOVE IMAGES WHEN LOOKING AT CLOTHES) but, the small images are TOO LARGE and i need to scroll down to see the smaller ones and wwhen i hover on it, i have to try and scroll back UP to see it larger.

see here

/black-motorcycle-jacket-p-195.html

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

hey.. wanted to tell you that I could not edit the post.. the time had passed where it was ok to do that.. i request that a moderator remove the link

also.. taking another look, what did you change? That only difference i see is possibly the large thumbnails are now to the right of the image.. i dont see any design changes though

hey.. wanted to tell you that I could not edit the post.. the time had passed where it was ok to do that.. i request that a moderator remove the link

also.. taking another look, what did you change? That only difference i see is possibly the large thumbnails are now to the right of the image.. i dont see any design changes though

Based on your great suggestions we made the following changes: Fixed width, removed products in the flyout menu (we'll get rid of the subcategories as well), product info improved but reducing the image size complicates other thumbnails at this moment. I would like to reduce these for lower resolutions in general. Additional changes were removing the brand images, we eliminted the right column and we added the pattern for the infobox headers. I'ld like to change the dropdown box for manufacturers too, if I can find a good way to do it. Other minor changes were made too.

CSS Menu Gurus: I went to purecssmenu.com and created a wonderful CSS flyout menu, but I was unable to integrate it into the header.php for Explorer 7 no matter what I did. The "flydown" menu at "Categories" would not deploy at mouseover. However, as a standalone PHP file it works as shown in the link below:

p*b*j - b*o*u*t*i*q*u*e -dot- com / C S S / c s s m e n u . p h p

Archived