• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Products Specifications

kymation

Ok i've found the reason. I've edited file php.ini like everyone said. Moving in this file up and down, and about 3 pages down, there was information about logs and errors, so i thought this is the right place to ADD error reporting and others stuff. But that's was not helping and errors didn't show up, still blank page. I was googling and googling for a few hours looking for a reason why it's not helping. AND THEN i decided to look deeper in php.ini to see, maybe something else is blocking this option, after 9 page or more there was another information with errors... and there it was "Off". So i had 2 declaration of error reporting, one 'on' and one 'off'.

That was my story...;p maybe someone will see this and doesn't loose time like me.

So it's time to get back to configure this Addon :P

I give up with new version that you provide. It's too many of things there up to do.

But, when i turned on notices and errors i have many notices about constants:

Notice: Use of undefined constant SPECIFICATIONS_FILTER_SHOW_COUNT - assumed 'SPECIFICATIONS_FILTER_SHOW_COUNT' in/home/xxx/public_html/xxx/includes/functions/html_output.php on line 374

Notice: Undefined variable: box_label in /home/xxx/public_html/xxx/includes/modules/boxes/bm_products_filter.php on line 119

Notice: Use of undefined constant SPECIFICATIONS_FILTER_SHOW_COUNT - assumed 'SPECIFICATIONS_FILTER_SHOW_COUNT' in/home/xxx/public_html/xxx/includes/functions/products_specifications.php on line 630

Notice: Use of undefined constant SPECIFICATIONS_FILTER_SHOW_COUNT - assumed 'SPECIFICATIONS_FILTER_SHOW_COUNT' in/home/xxx/public_html/xxx/includes/functions/products_specifications.php on line 685

Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 1 in /home/xxx/public_html/xxx/includes/functions/products_specifications.php on line 666

Notice: Constant SPECIFICATIONS_SHOW_NAME_PRODUCTS already defined in /home/xxx/public_html/xxx/includes/application_top.php on line 68

Edited by slupostrupek

Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 1 in /home/xxx/public_html/xxx/includes/functions/products_specifications.php on line 666

This is that line:

$checked = ($filter['id'] == $filter_value[$checkbox_id]) ? true : false;

Solution:

if(is_array($filter_value)){

$checked = ($filter['id'] == $filter_value[$checkbox_id]) ? true : false;

}else{

$checked = ($filter['id'] == $filter_value) ? true : false;

}

Notice: Use of undefined constant SPECIFICATIONS_FILTER_SHOW_COUNT - assumed 'SPECIFICATIONS_FILTER_SHOW_COUNT' in/home/xxx/public_html/xxx/includes/functions/products_specifications.php on line 630

Thouse errors occure because of missing one insert in sql file.

Something like this:

(NULL, 'Show count', 'SPECIFICATIONS_FILTER_SHOW_COUNT', 'False', 'Show counter', 1610, 225, '2009-08-12 15:16:55', '2009-06-18 12:07:30', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''True'', ''False''), '),

I've found the simplest solution on problem with wrong display names of filters above them.

in file: bm_products_filter.php

Comment lines: 114,115,116

Change line 119 into this:

$box_label = '<p class="bboxfilter ' . $specs_array['specification_name'] . '">' . $specs_array['specification_name'] . '</p>';

And change line: 183

into this:

$box_text .= $box_label . tep_get_filter_string($specs_array['filter_display'], $filters_select_array, FILENAME_PRODUCTS_FILTERS, $var, $$var);

And comment those lines under it:

//if ($box_text != '<br clear=all>') {

// $box_text = $box_label .$box_text;

//}

Edited by slupostrupek

• 2 weeks later...

hey jim

I installed this addon it is working in admin panel

but in my product info page it is showing error like

146 - Table 'test.table_products_to_documents' doesn't exist

select count(*) as total from TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_DOCUMENTS where products_id = '29'

[TEP STOP]

do we need to add another table here

Log into your Admin, go to Configuration >> Products Specifications, and set Show Documents Tab to False.

Regards

Jim

Edited by kymation

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

That table is used by the Document Manager addon. Products Specifications is designed to accommodate it if you want to install it, but it's not required.

Product Comparisons need to be set up once you have specifications to compare. Please see the User's Manual for details.

Regards

Jim

thanks for this

i will be very thank full if you provide me a addon for featured product

which in admin panel. when we are adding featured product it is showing all products list

inorder if we have another dropdown box for categories so that we can select category and in next dropdown i shud get product related to that catregory

i think u got me.

if u have any of this addon pls let me know

Hello All,

how can i compare two products here

i installed this addon properly but i am not finding the comparation window or anything i read manual also but no luck pls someone guide me for this issue

There will be a button on the categories page linking to a comparison page. Do you have any specifications set up, and is the data for those specifications entered into the products?

Regards

Jim

All of the screenshots are in the User's Manual.

What are your settings in your Admin >> Configuration >> Products Specifications in the Products Comparison Page settings?

The Specification Group name never shows up on any page in the front end.

Regards

Jim

Products Comparison Page Subhead icon_arrow_right.gif Minimum Spec Comparison 2 icon_info.gif Show More False icon_info.gif Show Empty Products True icon_info.gif Comparison Link in Index True icon_info.gif Comparison Row in Table both icon_info.gif Show Comparison True icon_info.gif Comparison in Index False icon_info.gif Comparison Suffix in Header True icon_info.gif Comparison Box Style Simple icon_info.gif Spec Combo Manufacturer 0 icon_info.gif Spec Combo Weight 0 icon_info.gif Spec Combo Price 0 icon_info.gif Spec Combo Model 0 icon_info.gif Spec Combo Image 1 icon_info.gif Spec Combo Name 2 icon_info.gif Spec Combo Buy Now 0 icon_info.gif

Products Comparison Page Subhead

Minimum Spec Comparison 2

Show More False

Show Empty Products True

Comparison Link in Index True

Comparison Row in Table both

Show Comparison True

Comparison in Index False

Comparison Suffix in Header True

Comparison Box Style Simple

Spec Combo Manufacturer 0

Spec Combo Weight 0