• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Products Specifications

kymation

Hi Jim,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I had tried to copy ask_a_question and rename it as also_related for Sitemap SEO,

I add new configuration for also_related, which works ok,

I modified the product_tabs, which follow the rules you did, such as (tab_12 used)

<?php

// If the Also related tab is turned on in the Admin

if (SPECIFICATIONS_RELATED_TAB == 'True') {

?>

<li><a href="#tabs-22"><?php echo TEXT_TAB_12; ?></a></li>

<?php

}

?>

<?php

// The Also Related tab

if (SPECIFICATIONS_RELATED_TAB == 'True') {

echo ' <div id="tabs-22">';

include( DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_ALSO_RELATED );

echo ' </div>';

}

?>

but i got this error message

Warning: include(includes/modules/FILENAME_ALSO_RELATED) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in //includes/modules/products_tabs.php on line 510

Warning: include(includes/modules/FILENAME_ALSO_RELATED) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in //includes/modules/products_tabs.php on line 510

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/modules/FILENAME_ALSO_RELATED' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:includes/phpids/lib/') in //includes/modules/products_tabs.php on line 510

and the also_related.php

<?php
$model_info = '';
if ($product_info['products_model'] != '') {
$model_info = '<span class="smalltext">[' . $products_model . ']<span>';
}
?>
<!-- also_related //-->
<div class="inside_heading"><?php echo sprintf (TEXT_TAB_12_HEAD, $product_info['products_name']); ?> <span class="smalltext">[<?php echo $product_info['products_model']; ?>]</span></div>
<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%" style="BORDER:none;background:none;">
<?php
require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_SITEMAP_SEO);
include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_SITEMAP_SEO_PRODUCT);
include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_SITEMAP_SEO_CATEGORY);
include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_SITEMAP_SEO_MANUFACTURERS);
?>
<!-- also_related //-->

<script type='text/javascript' src='javascript/sitemap_seo.js'></script>

Have I did something wrong or I missed something else?

Many thanks in advance.

Lyn

Hi Jim,

I figure out the error problem, i did not give a files definiation. Fix it now.

The Sitemap SEO works perfect in your Product Specification Tab now.

Thank you very much for your great add on!

Lyn

Hi, I install the addon and works perfect, but I want to know how to configurate the product_info page layout. I see some people can group the value and shows in the product_info.php

here is sample

otherscreenshot.jpg

it looks like it can be display mutiple value under one spec header.

But when I trying active my spec it looks like this

myscreenshot.jpg

I read though the user manual and I don't really see any example on how to setup and group the spec group in product_info page.

thank you

ken

Hi, Jim

I got another question, I trying to apply manufactures to the filter function, so most of time it works fine, but when the manufactures name come something like * & +, the fuction will not be working properliy. on the filter side works, the manufactures name shows number of products under them. But when I click on the filter the result will not shows at all. so how to fix this problem?

thank you

ken

The filters have a problem with special characters. This is due to a design decision that I probably should have made differently. Unfortunately it will take quite a bit of work to fix. That's not likely to happen anytime soon.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

i've adapted mine so it handles single quotes and ampersands some time ago

Jim, can you point me to the files / functions where this code is, I should be able to share it here

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

The code is in different places, and I don't remember it all. Sorry, you'll just have to look back through this thread where it was discussed.

Regards

Jim

Edited by kymation

Adding local area fees - Eco-Fee on only some products and applies only in one province/state

Trying to figure out how to implement an Eco-Fee that is required in BC - in our case it is on light bulbs, fluorescent lights, and/or their ballasts which are either sold individually or by the box of ten (miniature lamps). The fee differs from bulb to bulb as well, so there needs to be a way to assign the correct rate to each item. It is only charged to items delivered within BC (or picked up at the store).

The fee is taxable so needs to be included in the taxable items.

Looked at the Tax system, but that is a percentage and can't work here.

We aren't the only people to be facing these new fees. They are being implemented across Canada and the west coast of the USA for anyone selling lighting products (light bulbs, LEDs, ballasts, fluorescent lights...), paint, small appliances, smoke detectors, power tools and outdoor power equipment. The money needs to be tracked separately and remitted either monthly or quarterly (depending on sales volume).

I'm thinking it needs to be treated like a hidden product that only applies to pre-defined regions (tax zones would work) and only appears once you have provided your address OR if you are logged on, it is shown added to the price as a line item.

Nasty bit of work I suspect, but these fees are popping up all over the world and the time is ripe to find a solution (well, ripe for me and folks in BC, Manitoba, Washington State...).

I don't think Product Specifications can do this. My first thought was MVS to create the product group, but then how would you add the fee?

You might look into creating an order total module. It would need to be limited by the zone, and then total up the fees that would be assigned to the individual products -- need an additional database field for that. There's probably a better way, since I tend to come up with the most complicated method first, and then simplify once I think about it a bit.

Regards

Jim

Possibly, but why would you bother? There is no valid business case for a URL rewriter in osCommerce. I suggest that you spend your time on something that will actually benefit your business.

Regards

Jim

Hello,

I was wondering did anyone ever worked out how to make the reviews tab work, I have made all the changes suggested on this forum but I still get this:

product_info.php?action=process&tab=9&products_id=47

in the address bar but it doesn't show in the reviews area in my admin.

I would be greatful for any help, I have managed to solve all other problems but I just cant work this one out, other then that the add-on is working perfectly.

Thanks

Claire

The data is processed in catalog/includes/modules/product_info_process. This works on my test site, so you'll need to do some debugging.

Regards

Jim

Jim,

I figured out how to fix it, I changed the Review Text Minimum value in my admin area to 10 and removed approved and IP address from catalog/includes/modules/product_info_process as these were not values in my TABLE _REVIEWS, not sure if this is the correct thing to do but it now works perfectly.

Overall this is an excellent add-on (if not a little tricky to setup) but overall works really well, Thanks

Claire

I updated my jquery to 1.9.1 and now my tabs are not displaying correct. All of the tab information is showing up on the first tab. Descriptions, Reviews, Ask A Question ETC all on the first tab one under the other.

I can't duplicate this, so I don't have a solution for you. Perhaps you should back down to the previous working version of jQuery and wait for a fix. That should not be too long in coming when there's a bug in a core jQuery feature.

Regards

Jim

• 1 month later...

Hello All

I am new to all this and learning as i go along so if I am asking something that has already been answered i apologize up front.

I am trying to install this add on using Product Specification 1_0_3.zip at http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7014.

I have a clean install on OsC version 2.3.3 with sample products, MySQL 5.0.91

The admin control panel shows all the control's but products return the attached error. I'm not sure where to start looking to fix it.

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated,

Thanks

Paul

»
»
»
»

$499.99

Hewlett Packard LaserJet 1100Xi

[HPLJ1100XI]

lj1100xi.gif

Add to Cart

Version 1.0.3 is for osCommerce 2.2x. You should be using Version 1.1.9 -- see the link below. Also, set Show Documents Tab to false in your Admin.

Regards

Jim

I have the Products Specification working perfectly now. I want to now add "Easy populate" before I start do you know of any issues with adding this after adding PS or is there a better solution to up load multiple products.

Thanks for any advice.

Paul

As far as I know, Easy Populate has never been modified to add the extra values for Products Specifications. You can still add the rest of the data using EP and add the specs separately.

Regards

Jim

Paul

If you edit easypopulate.php there are embedded instructions on how to amend it to work with additional files.

HTH

G

@@pbuckley32

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.