• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Products Specifications

kymation

What ways( solution) are you using now to uplaod bulk data of specifications into your shop

please let me know if any you have any other one than easy populate

If you have the data prepared in excel, and a little bit fluent in sql, it is not hard to create sql statements to populate the necessary tables for the specification groups / category stuff.

The actual data entry for products I have implemented in easypopulate version that I posted somewhere in this thread some time ago

Edited by bruyndoncx

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

To list specifications by specifications group, you don't need a group by statement as you are not performing any aggregate functions for the particular group.

You just need to add the specification group name (or sort order if you have any) to the order by clause (and make sure the table is joined in the whole construction)

Then when outputting results, just show the specification group name if it is different from the previous one for the spec/value combo.

HTH

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

@@slavko You need this package as well as the modified filters box. Or you could modify the existing SQL in index.php to use the filters. It's possible but not that easy.

@@centrman No, and I really don't have time to do that for an old version that very few people still use. However, it should not be all that hard to do. I haven't checked, but I don't believe there is much in that old version that would need to be fixed.

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim!

I installed both packages, but get errors, that some tables in database are missing in TABLE category (i.e. show_comparison) and category_description. I look in myPHPadmin and the fields are missing. Do you know why?

Thanks!

hello @@bruyndoncx

I am using Easy Populate 2.9-231 version .

i am uploading all other values except specifications with that easy populate.

i searched for your addon here but i didnt find it can u please post here once again.

And mine(listing specifications by specifications group) issue is solved.

Thank you

hello @bruyndoncx

I am using Easy Populate 2.9-231 version .

i am uploading all other values except specifications with that easy populate.

i searched for your addon here but i didnt find it can u please post here once again.

And mine(listing specifications by specifications group) issue is solved.

Thank you

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

see this link for a solution

http://forums.glowhost.com/knowledge-base/register_globals-errors-544.html

although, you can probably comment out all the occurances of that function call

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

@@lbdublb Those files are from a heavily modified store. You will need to scrub out some unneeded code and probably change the SQL. I don't have time to do this now, which is why it's a separate package on my server and not a full Addon posted here.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

hi @@bruyndoncx

the easypopulate.php which you shared is customized to your store .

Yes, evidently, I'm a store owner, if it wasn't it would be in the contributions

i have to work on many things now.

I assumed you are a coder, so you'd have the necessary skills to comment out any non relevant sections if they bother you.

if you made anything for this addon please share it ..

heuh ? <_< didn't i just do that ?

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

@@jim

I have still problems filtering the products: http://www.flipflopper.de/index.php?cPath=34&language=en

There are no changes in product_listing.php in your package compared to the stock file, but it is listed as modfied in your manual...

Also the theme of the box seems to be not displayed correctly...

Thanks for your help!

You have an error in your code somewhere. The URL output of the filters is being corrupted. I don't know what is doing that, but it's not stock osCommerce.

The changes to the product_listing.php have been moved elsewhere. You can disregard that file.

The box looks fine to me. Style it with CSS if you want to change it.

Regards

Jim

• 3 weeks later...

Hello All, I have taken the easypopulate file that bruyndoncx so generously uploaded and stripped it down to just include the specifications. I'm calling it SpecsPopulate. I found it was much simpler to separate everything and to only focus on the specifications once the individual products, categories etc have been created.

It seems to work very well, but the biggest hurdle that I have found is that it's difficult to determine what the specifications_value_id and the specifications_value pair actually are to be able to enter them into the spreadsheet. If the specification hasn't been assign to a product, the value doesn't show up in the column anywhere, and you are left to search out the spec value.

My thought was to build the code that would add the id/value pair to the first row or last row in the SP spreadsheet. This row would be for reference only, and would not include a model number. Without the model number, the row would be skipped. By having the id/value pair on the sheet already, it would make it very easy to just copy the values down to the rows they are needed in.

My problem I'm running into a coding mind block on how to make this happen. I'll upload my current version of the file and would welcome anyone to come along and add or modify it.

specspopulate.php

Edited by fourmat

:thumbsup:

I would use the status field and use 'DUMMY' to flag the dummy record.

There is already some code in my file that deals with the deletion of a product.

I would add a dummy row on top. It is easy in excel to fix the header area, so that you can always see the sample data.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

• 2 weeks later...

I've been working on a lot of improvements to the SpecsPopulate code. I ran into a lot of bugs concerning the compatibility with Excel and how it handles quotes in the specifications values. I have been using a variation of EasyPopulate 2.76g with great success, and I went back through and built a whole new SpecsPopulate 1.3 based on that version of EP.

These are the highlights:

• Again, this is stripped down to only focus on specs, but I did leave in the option to add fields from the products table like MPN and UPC in case you needed those as a cross reference. If you do not have those columns just remove them from the customer fields section in the code.
  • Any changes to any of the fields will be uploaded and applied, so beware.
  • This system will not add new products, and will skip rows with model numbers that are not currently in the database.
  • I have added a Dummy row at the top of the export file which will also be ignored upon import.
  • The system will only create an export file if a category is selected and there are specs applied to that category.
  • You can still download all specs and products in one file by selecting the Top category, but if you have a lot of specs or products, I wouldn't recommend it.
  • I have also included a utility to look at the specs that have been applied to a category.
  • I changed the export file naming structure so that it would include the category name, and a more accurate time stamp so there aren't as many overwritten files.

I made one other major modification to all of my specifications code, and some of that is included here. I had to build a special character translation and replace function that gets around problems with URL translation for values. If you would like to use this, just add it to your includes/general.php in both the admin and catalog side. (you will also need to modify a lot of other areas in your specs code to make this work also)

function specs_special_char_replace($values_data){

$needles = array('ZslashZ', 'ZinchZ', 'ZcommaZ', 'ZfeetZ', 'ZpercentZ','ZquestionZ','ZpipeZ','ZampZ','ZexclamationZ','ZhashtagZ','ZdollarZ','ZasteriskZ','ZcolonZ','ZsemicolonZ','ZltZ','ZgtZ','ZatZ','ZcaretZ','ZtildeZ');
 $haystack = array('/', '"', ',','\'','%','?','|','&','!','#','$','*',':',';','<','>','@','^','~');
 $values_data_clean = str_replace($needles, $haystack, $values_data);
 return $values_data_clean;		
}

function specs_special_char_reverse($values_data){

$needles = array('/', '"', ',','\'','%','?','|','&','!','#','$','*',':',';','<','>','@','^','~');
 $haystack = array('ZslashZ', 'ZinchZ', 'ZcommaZ', 'ZfeetZ', 'ZpercentZ','ZquestionZ','ZpipeZ','ZampZ','ZexclamationZ','ZhashtagZ','ZdollarZ','ZasteriskZ','ZcolonZ','ZsemicolonZ','ZltZ','ZgtZ','ZatZ','ZcaretZ','ZtildeZ');
 $values_data_clean = str_replace($needles, $haystack, $values_data);
 return $values_data_clean;		
}

if you do not want to use this, just do a search within the SP file for specs_special_char_replace and specs_special_char_reverse and comment out the lines with those functions in them. SP should work fine without them.

Another addition feature I have been using is the integration of the Select 2 jQuery dropdown plugin to help with searching for categories more easily. Go here to find out more: http://ivaynberg.github.io/select2/

Otherwise just remove the script codes to prevent any javascript errors in your installation.

I hope this will help someone out.

specspopulate.php

@

In process of making a page and installed the most recent version of Products Specifications into a new 2.3.3.4 install. I turned off the document managment tab based on earlier coments in this. But noticed all individual tab info is posted in first tab. Clociking between tabs on product page shows all info form all tabs still. Cant find out why this would happen so hoping for a bit of help.

Example below on test site

http://luxeoutdoor.ca/product_info.php?products_id=3

Maybe a variation on the old jQuery Tabs bug? It looks like you haven't installed jQuery Migrate, so that would be my first suggestion.

Regards

Jim

Maybe a variation on the old jQuery Tabs bug? It looks like you haven't installed jQuery Migrate, so that would be my first suggestion.

Regards

Jim

Added to the template_top.php file but looks like i have 1.8 jquery.I also loaded a template i made using themeroller site. I am new to this so maybe adding this to wrogn place ofcourse

<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/jquery/jquery-1.8.0.min.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/jquery/ui/jquery-ui-1.8.22.min.js"></script>

<script src="http://code.jquery.com/jquery-migrate-1.2.1.js"></script>

Your script tags above look correct.

If you created a new theme using the current Themeroller, then it probably needs the current version of jQuery and jQuery UI to function correctly.

Regards

Jim

Hi

See this error on the page

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/gthawk/public_html/luxeoutdoor.ca/includes/functions/clean_code.php(162) : eval()'d code on line 1

which would indicate a mistake in the install not at all familiar with the contribution but something more than jquery wrong there I would think.

regards

Joli

PS: can not see the jquery migrate added ??? This is what I see !

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="ext/jquery/ui/custom-theme/jquery-ui-1.10.4.css" />

<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/jquery/jquery-1.8.0.min.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/jquery/ui/jquery-ui-1.8.22.min.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">

// fix jQuery 1.8.0 and jQuery UI 1.8.22 bug with dialog buttons; http://bugs.jqueryui.com/ticket/8484

if ( $.attrFn ) { $.attrFn.text = true; }

</script>

Edited by joli1811
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

Updated and even aded the migate to the site isntead of linking to another site. And no change

<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/jquery/jquery-1.11.0.min.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/jquery/jquery-migrate-1.2.1.min.js"></script>