• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Products Specifications

kymation

There are no more screenshots. You will just have to read the User's Manual. If this is a language issue, please get someone to help you with your English. I can't provide support in other languages.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

no my language is english.

compare is working for a category when i click on category it is showing differences between all products in that category provided (Comparison in Index is true).

and when i give specification values it is showing that values in specifications area in product page.

If you are fluent in English, then write proper English sentences. The mess that you are posting is very hard to read. I'm not going to make the effort to help you if you're not making any effort to be clear.

Regards

Jim

I never said that there was a box in the category page for comparison. I said that there is a button on the category page that takes you to a comparison page.

Regards

Jim

You have stated the following:

1. This addon is correctly installed.

2. The settings in the Configuration panel in the Admin are correct (verified.)

3. You have a Specification Group linked to the category you are looking at.

4. That Specification Group contains one or more specifications.

5. You have entered data for those specifications in the products in that category.

If all of that is true, there is a Comparison button showing on the that category (product listing) page. If there is no comparison button, then one of those items is wrong. I have no way of knowing which one it is.

Regards

Jim

Your description contains single quotes/apostrophes. Escape them with a backslash \. You may need to use three slashes in some cases.

Regards

Jim

Look at the products_description table in your database and find the product you added this information to. Look at the products_tab_1, products_tab_2, etc. fields. Is the information there?

Regards

Jim

The tabs are rewritten with jQuery to open the content. You're missing a jQuery file in the head section of the page, or the tabs script in the page body that enables the tabs.

Regards

Jim

Yes, there's a bug in the newer versions of jQuery. The fix that I use is this cod (in the head section of template_top.php

<script type="text/javascript">
 // fix jQuery base tag bug
   $.fn.__tabs = $.fn.tabs;
   $.fn.tabs = function (a, b, c, d, e, f) {
     var base = location.href.replace(/#.*$/, '');
     $('ul>li>a[href^="#"]', this).each(function () {
       var href = $(this).attr('href');
       $(this).attr('href', base + href);
     });
     $(this).__tabs(a, b, c, d, e, f);
   };
 </script>

Regards

Jim

Edited by kymation

@@kymation

Posted Today, 12:40 AM

Look at the products_description table in your database and find the product you added this information to. Look at the products_tab_1, products_tab_2, etc. fields. Is the information there?

Regards

Jim

tab1 and tab2 are empty..

@@kymation

i am putting a product tabs data in admin panel .

first:I created one specification and linked it to one category .

Now all the the product tabs are showing in front end(product_info page ) except specification tab

i understood the problem is with current_category_id .(it is giving 0 for all categories)

it is not taking the category id

i modified the query in catalog/includes/modules/product_specification.php many ways as( (int) $c_path ) in palce of (int) $current_category_id) but it is giving zero as category id

can please tell me about this issue

@@kymation

second: some special characters are storing in description area when i save it.

for some categories it is giving error

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in C:\wamp\www\deals\includes\functions\clean_code.php(162) : eval()'d code on line 2

$current_category_id is generated by osCommerce in includes/application_top.php. It is essential for the correct operation of osCommerce. Whatever you have done to break that needs to be fixed. This addon does not change that value, snd I have no idea what you have done taht would make that change. you will have to find it and fix it.

Any single quotes/apostrophes in the description text need to be escaped with three backslashes \\\.

There is a list of files that are changed by this addon in the User's Manual. Please don't ask me to read that to you.

Regards

Jim

@@kymation my shop(2ml.org/deals) is ready with your specification addon

http://2ml.org/deals/Power-Adapter/12V1AACDCPlugtopPowerAdapterSupply1000mA.htm

only error is description u can check in this link.

i tried some encoding methods in admin/categories.php but it is not solving my issue.

can u please help me ...