• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Products Specifications

kymation

That's a jQuery bug. Add this code into includes/template_top.php, just before the /head tag:

<script type="text/javascript">
// fix jQuery base tag bug
$.fn.__tabs = $.fn.tabs;
$.fn.tabs = function (a, b, c, d, e, f) {
 var base = location.href.replace(/#.*$/, '');
 $('ul>li>a[href^="#"]', this).each(function () {
 var href = $(this).attr('href');
 $(this).attr('href', base + href);
 });
 $(this).__tabs(a, b, c, d, e, f);
};
</script>

Regards

Jim

Woohoo....thank you Jim, after the bug fix solution, everything works as it should be! After three tries finally makes it works! Thank you again for the great add on and the superior support.

Lyn

Woohoo....thank you Jim, after the bug fix solution, everything works as it should be! After three tries finally makes it works! Thank you again for the great add on and the superior support. Lyn

Just found two tiny issues need to fix after products specifications.

front end

the review tab works perfectly as image: http://postimg.org/image/h4yeyno0v/

the Ask a Question & Tell a Friend tab, some how the boarder doesn't work properly hence the button position also out of focus.

http://postimg.org/image/vkbqjtbof/

http://postimg.org/image/qzpk4vrz3/

backend

I had tried to go back the version before I installed the Products Specifications, and the backend has no problem at all,

after Products Specifications, somehow only words related to Modules doesn't show up properly.

http://postimg.org/image/t5juzdvfj/

had check the language/english.php and language/english/modules/boxes/ all files bm_^.php

admin/modules.php admin/includes/languages/english/modules.php

has no clue where else to check to fix the broken text link.

Jim could you please give me advise about which files to go have a check for both front end and back end issues?

Thanks.

Lynn

backend I had tried to go back the version before I installed the Products Specifications, and the backend has no problem at all, after Products Specifications, somehow only words related to Modules doesn't show up properly. http://postimg.org/image/t5juzdvfj/ had check the language/english.php and language/english/modules/boxes/ all files bm_^.php admin/modules.php admin/includes/languages/english/modules.php has no clue where else to check to fix the broken text link. Jim could you please give me advise about which files to go have a check for both front end and back end issues? Thanks. Lynn

I think I found out the problem from the backend, it is the ftp transfer interuption causing the file missing.

Fixed. Now only the front end.

I am not sure it is also because the CKEditor, the front end also need to hit refresh same as the backend catagories/new products, otherwise the tab doesn't work as it should be even I added the jQuery bug solution provided by Jim earlier.

Lyn

@@ce7 For all cases where something is missing, use a search tool to find the missing code in your local copy of the osCommerce files. Every operating system has a tool for searching for text in files, and most editors do as well. If you can't use one of those, get a copy of Grep for your OS and use that.

I have no idea what is causing the page delay. You may need to experiment with the order that Javascript files load in the Head section of the page. All files that depend on jQuery must load after the jQuery files, for example.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

• 1 month later...

Hi Jim,

I've installed PS on a new install and the tabs don't work correctly. The issues are that the content doesn't 'hide' within the relevant tab, so I can see the content from all tabs initially.

Secondly, the tabs don't actually work and when you hover over them, the url is just url.com/#tabs-xx where xx is a varying number.

Any pointers much appreciated.

Thanks Jim.

Check that all of your jQuery files are in place. Use View Source in Firefox and click each of the links in the HEAD section of the page. If one of them returns a 404 page, find that file and fix it.

If everything is there, and you have added that fix, it should all work. You can send me a link to it and I'll take a look when I get a chance.

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim,

At first, the review ratings didn't show up in the reviews tab. The code in the package was : tep_draw_radio_field ('rating', '2', $rating[2], 'class="star" disabled="disabled"'), I believe, this should be class="star-rating". After I changed this the ratings show up.

file: catalog/includes/modules/product_reviews.php

// Show product reviews
?>

$rating = get_stars ($reviews['reviews_rating']);
echo tep_draw_radio_field ('rating', '1', $rating[1], 'class="star-rating" disabled="disabled"') .
' ' . tep_draw_radio_field ('rating', '2', $rating[2], 'class="star-rating" disabled="disabled"') .
' ' . tep_draw_radio_field ('rating', '3', $rating[3], 'class="star-rating" disabled="disabled"') .
' ' . tep_draw_radio_field ('rating', '4', $rating[4], 'class="star-rating" disabled="disabled"') .
' ' . tep_draw_radio_field ('rating', '5', $rating[5], 'class="star-rating" disabled="disabled"') . '
' .

sprintf (TEXT_REVIEW_BY, tep_output_string_protected ($reviews['customers_name']) ) . ', ' .
tep_date_long ($reviews['date_added']);
?>

and

$rating = get_stars ($rating);
echo tep_draw_radio_field ('rating', '1', $rating[1], 'class="star-rating"') .
' ' . tep_draw_radio_field ('rating', '2', $rating[2], 'class="star-rating"') .
' ' . tep_draw_radio_field ('rating', '3', $rating[3], 'class="star-rating"') .
' ' . tep_draw_radio_field ('rating', '4', $rating[4], 'class="star-rating"') .
' ' . tep_draw_radio_field ('rating', '5', $rating[5], 'class="star-rating"');
?>

Now I've only got one problem left:

- Adding reviews works perfectly.

- After approval, reviews show up under the reviews tab, this works.

- The review rating of the first review shows correctly, but the rating of additional reviews don't show up.

The review picture (5 dots) shows, but no rating.

This looks like an addition problem, right?

Any idea what it could be?

I appreciate your help.

Regards,

Gerhard

Edited by srirahandcraft

Addons installed on my website:

- Addons Installed

- Advanced Special Offer Discounts

- AJAX-Attribute Manager for osc 2.3.1

- Banner box v1.1.1

- Dutch Language Pack

- Extra Pages-info box with admin for OSC2.3

- German Language Pack

- Login Box

- Multi-language Support for Configuration

- Multiple products manager

- Order Editor

- OSC PDF Catalogue 2.1

- PDF-Datasheet

- product Field Groups

- Quickly Update Product Stock

- Unit of weight

- YAG (Yet another Guestbook)

Yes that's a bug. Thank you for pointing that out.

I'm not sure why the stars don't show up for some of the reviews. The code looks right to me so I'd have to play with it. I suggest you use Firebug in Firefox to look at the code. If you find anything wrong, please report it here.

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim,

I checked with Firebug and the code output looks OK.

3 different ratings.

Sorry for the code, I tried to put it in a code block, but then the code doesn't show up.

<td class="main">

<input class="star-rating" type="radio" disabled="disabled" checked="checked" value="1" name="rating"></input>

<input class="star-rating" type="radio" disabled="disabled" checked="checked" value="2" name="rating"></input>

<input class="star-rating" type="radio" disabled="disabled" checked="checked" value="3" name="rating"></input>

<input class="star-rating" type="radio" disabled="disabled" checked="checked" value="4" name="rating"></input>

<input class="star-rating" type="radio" disabled="disabled" checked="checked" value="5" name="rating"></input>

</td>

<td></td>

</tr>

<tr></tr>

<tr>

<td class="main">

<input class="star-rating" type="radio" disabled="disabled" checked="checked" value="1" name="rating"></input>

<input class="star-rating" type="radio" disabled="disabled" value="2" name="rating"></input>

<input class="star-rating" type="radio" disabled="disabled" value="3" name="rating"></input>

<input class="star-rating" type="radio" disabled="disabled" value="4" name="rating"></input>

<input class="star-rating" type="radio" disabled="disabled" value="5" name="rating"></input>

</td>

<td></td>

</tr>

<tr></tr>

<tr>

<td class="main">

<input class="star-rating" type="radio" disabled="disabled" checked="checked" value="2" name="rating"></input>

<input class="star-rating" type="radio" disabled="disabled" checked="checked" value="3" name="rating"></input>

<input class="star-rating" type="radio" disabled="disabled" value="4" name="rating"></input>

<input class="star-rating" type="radio" disabled="disabled" value="5" name="rating"></input>

</td>

However it looks like it sees all of the check boxes as one set which means that only one check box can be checked,

this is the rating of the first review given on the product.

This is product related, it's the same for a new product, the first review rating shows up, the others don't.

I'm not sure wether this is a jquery problem or not.

Regards,

Gerhard

Edited by srirahandcraft

- Addons Installed

- Banner box v1.1.1

- Dutch Language Pack

- German Language Pack

- Login Box

- Order Editor

- OSC PDF Catalogue 2.1

- PDF-Datasheet

- product Field Groups

- Unit of weight

Hi Jim,

For the moment, I just copied the following line from catalog/product_reviews.php.

tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'stars_' . $reviews['reviews_rating'] . '.gif'

and commented out the check box part in the file: catalog/includes/modules/product_reviews.php

$rating = get_stars ($reviews['reviews_rating']);
echo /*tep_draw_radio_field ('rating', '1', $rating[1], 'class="star-rating" disabled="disabled"') .
' ' . tep_draw_radio_field ('rating', '2', $rating[2], 'class="star-rating" disabled="disabled"') .
' ' . tep_draw_radio_field ('rating', '3', $rating[3], 'class="star-rating" disabled="disabled"') .
' ' . tep_draw_radio_field ('rating', '4', $rating[4], 'class="star-rating" disabled="disabled"') .
' ' . tep_draw_radio_field ('rating', '5', $rating[5], 'class="star-rating" disabled="disabled"') . */
' ' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'stars_' . $reviews['reviews_rating'] . '.gif') .

This works. I have no idea how to fix the problem as I'm not a coder (still learning).

Regards,

Gerhard

Edited by srirahandcraft

- Addons Installed

- Banner box v1.1.1

- Dutch Language Pack

- German Language Pack

- Login Box

- Order Editor

- OSC PDF Catalogue 2.1

- PDF-Datasheet

- product Field Groups

- Unit of weight

That's actually a custom addon to the stock Product Specifications comparison page. I'm willing to give you the code, but it needs to be cleaned up a bit. That site is very heavily modified -- that entire page is modular, just like the Modular Front Page addon.

Let me know if you're interested in playing with it.

Regards

Jim

That's actually a custom addon to the stock Product Specifications comparison page. I'm willing to give you the code, but it needs to be cleaned up a bit. That site is very heavily modified -- that entire page is modular, just like the Modular Front Page addon.

Let me know if you're interested in playing with it.

Regards

Jim

Thanks Jim,

yes I'd like to have a look at the code please,

Greg

Hey there! I've downloaded, installed and already modified a little Products Specifications addon but now I'm having some trouble.

In the filter box I'm having all the filter types showed one by one and then below all the options showed the same way.

I want to have one filter type (e.g. Color) then all Color options and then another filter type and options to this etc.

Please check out the image, showing how it looks like now.

2ushrfc.png

Anyone know how to sort it out?

That box is still broken. I have a new version if you want to try it out. You need to overwrite your existing files with the two includes files, and add the stylesheet commands to yours. Of course you can change the stylesheet to suit your site; the include styles just handle the basic formatting.

Regards

Jim

Thanks for your reply kymation.

I switched the files (bm_products_filter.php and specifications.php) and now I'm getting: "Fatal error: Call to a member function get_filter_data() on a non-object in /***/***/***/***/includes/modules/boxes/bm_products_filter.php on line 92"

Edited by slavko

That indicates that the modified version of includes/classes/specifications.php has not been installed. If you are getting this error on the Admin side, try putting it in admin/includes/classes/specifications.php as well.

Regards

Jim

Thanks for your reply kymation.

I switched the files (bm_products_filter.php and specifications.php) and now I'm getting: "Fatal error: Call to a member function get_filter_data() on a non-object in /***/***/***/***/includes/modules/boxes/bm_products_filter.php on line 92"

Exactly the same error here - files are definitely in the right place - any clues?

Oops, I forgot a change. Add this near the bottom of includes/application_top.php:

require_once (DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'specifications.php');
 $spec_object = new specifications();

Then find that same code in includes/modules/products_filter.php and remove it.

Sorry; too many things to try to remember these days.

Regards

Jim

OK, filter box now looks fine, but... when trying to apply any filter I'm getting:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_clean_get__recursive() in /***/***/***/***/includes/classes/specifications.php on line 80

Edited by slavko

That function is the first one in includes/functions/product_specifications.php. That's part of the stock Products Specifications install. You will probably have to add an include_once for that file to application_top.php.

Regards

Jim