• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Products Specifications

kymation

The image you posted shows the parse error is still there. Is that not the case? That error will cause other errors on the page, so it's important to fix that first.

Products Specifications was based on an older version of osCommerce. The lines containing tep_session_save_path() in includes/languages/english.php are no longer there in 2.3.2 or 2.3.3. You should revert to your backup and patch that file by hand. All of the changes are marked.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Hi Jim,

sorry for the wrong image, that was previously.

http://postimage.org/image/kqm7oq4pr/24c15ed1/

if I click the PDF icon, this is the error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_session_save_path() in /includes/languages/english.php on line 328

(I also installed in 2.3.1 version, it is the same problem. Sorry I dont know how to patch.)

Thanks for your reply Jim,

regards,

Lyn

Hi Jim,

I had comment out the two line in the english.php files (will it affect anything?) and put the quote on html_out.php

and it can bring the pdf out now.

However the the tab problem still the same.

It has the same problem with google Chrome, but I test in firefox, it doesn't have the tab error.

I remember once before you reply that could be the java problem?

thank you for your time and help.

Lyn

Removing those two lines won't cause any problem. They don't even exist in the latest version of osCommerce.

The error shown in your image could be any number of things. Since you have the PDF link down there, try commenting out or removing the PDF code for the page. If the problem goes away when you do, then your PDF link is in the wrong place.

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim,

I suspect I was previously posting in the wrong thread, my appologies!

I'd like to know if the checkboxes are supposed to remain unchecked after the form has been submitted.

It seems to me they're supposed to stay checked, but that's not the case.

I found a bit of code in that relates to this issue, but it's based on an older version of the contribution.

How do I keep the checkboxes checked after form submission with the last version of the contribution?

They're not supposed to stay checked. The breadcrumb trail indicates what filters are currently selected. If you want to check th currently selected boxes, you can modify the filter box code to do that based on the filter values in the URL.

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim,

It's Lyn again.

Sorry asked a lot of questions and help from you.

I just wonder if your products specifications is working together with jqzoom?

I tried to moved around the code in includes/template_top.php (which jQZoom has codes there, I know your products specification doesn't have code related to template_top.php)

I found just today that I if the jQZoom working then your Products Specification Tab will become problem.

If your products Specification Works ok then the jQZoom only works with main image but not other thumbnails.

is there any suggestion? Thanks in advance.

regards,

Lyn

You can make any two addons work together. The amount of work depends on the amount of code they have in common. I'm not familiar with jQZoom, so I can't offer any specific advice.

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim,

Thank you for your reply. The problem solved. The reason it doesn't work properly is because the Theme Switcher have to set the jQuery version to match jQZoom. Works fine now.

Thank you!

Lyn

Hi Jim,

As mentioned in other post, when I click on the PDF icon, I got these error message, please kindly tell me what I did wrong and what I should do now? Many thanks in advance.

Lyn

=================================================================================================

Notice: Use of undefined constant SPECIFICATIONS_FILTER_SHOW_COUNT - assumed 'SPECIFICATIONS_FILTER_SHOW_COUNT' in /includes/functions/html_output.php on line 338

Notice: Undefined variable: count_filters in /includes/modules/boxes/bm_products_filter.php on line 192

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions/html_output.php:338) in /ext/tcpdf/tcpdf.php on line 8940

TCPDF ERROR: Some data has already been output to browser, can't send PDF file

Jim,

Another question, you have products specification on configuration setting, is it possible that I make another configuration, for example configuration extra box in admin, and put your products specification configuration there?

I did tried to make another info box for it, add SQL tables as well, it could bring up the page, but I couldn't edit it. (I mean I can click edit but it won't save any change.)

Should I post this in general forums?

(The reason I like to do this is that I like to limit the users to accidently modify the setting, and with this method, I can show the box only to certain users. Any better suggestion?)

Thank you very much in advance.

Lyn

1. Did you run the specifications.sql file on your database? If you did, run this one as well:

INSERT INTO `configuration` (`configuration_id`, `configuration_title`, `configuration_key`, `configuration_value`, `configuration_description`, `configuration_group_id`, `sort_order`, `last_modified`, `date_added`, `use_function`, `set_function`) VALUES
(NULL, 'Show Filter Count', 'SPECIFICATIONS_FILTER_SHOW_COUNT', 'True', 'Show the number of products a filter will return', 1610, 260, '2009-08-12 15:16:55', '2009-06-18 12:07:30', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''True'', ''False''), ');

2. That's a bug. I need to get the new version of this out. Find this code in includes/modules/boxes/bm_products_filter.php:

$box_text = ''; //HTML string goes into the text part of the box

and add this after it:

$count_filters = 0;

3. The configuration values are stored in the configuration and configuration_groups tables in the database, and the configuration box generates the entries for each group from the database. You would have to restrict that box to only certain groups, or to not show certain groups, then create another box to do the opposite. You can find some hints in this quick guide to creating a new box, but the trick is going to be in writing the SQL to display only the groups that you want in each box.

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim,

It's Lynn.

Thank you very much for the reply. I had run the extra SQL you gave and modify the includes/modules/boxes/bm_products_filter.php file, and it works great now. Once again, thank you very much.

I basically had the config_extra table with the addons configuration I wanted to show in that box, and modify the config_extra.php files, just have trouble to make change (edit). Thank you very much for your suggestion and advises, I will have a look the guide you provided when I get time to sit down longer.

regards,

Lyn

Dear Contributor,

Successfully using the this contribution on OSC 2.2 RC2a, thanks for this great effort.

Here's my query regarding a specific issue i'm encountering on a text specification. Below is the snap shot of this:

Specification Name: Compatible Brand

Specification Description:

Specification Prefix:

Specification Suffix:

Sort Order: 1

Justification: Left

Column Name:

Filter Class: none

Display the Filter as:

Filter Show All: True

Enter Specification Values as: text

During data entry we realized that data in that specification is being TRUNCATED to 255 characters. I checked the DB and in Table "products_specifications" I updated the "specification" field length to 1000 varchar (originally it was 255 varchar).

After that i tried to upload big data (about 1000 char) but in mysql it's still truncating at 255 char.

Now i've no clue where to find the fix.

Please help. appreciate it.

sah

Thanks Jim for the advice but if you read my first post, that's what i did originally, except the fact that i changed it to "varchar(1000)". But after that i changed it to "text" but didn't get any result even after that.

Please help.

Thanks.

sah

Hi Jim,

I found the other add on, also use Tabs system.

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8536

I tried to install together with Products Specifications and it seems doesn't work,

I email the Products Tabs Creator and was told that these two are not ok to use together as some code name use the same value.

So I reinstall a backup version without that addons install. And I try to use Products Specification.

There are some questions I like to confirm

1. Configuration / Products Specifications

I have Show Accessories Tabs set as FALSE, however I noticed that the test products it does show Accessories Tab even I set False, and if I changed it to True, then I get this error message

1146 - Table 'inmotion_mg.TABLE_PRODUCTS_XSELL' doesn't exist

select count(xp.xsell_id) as total from TABLE_PRODUCTS_XSELL xp, products p where xp.products_id = '30' and xp.xsell_id = p.products_id and p.products_status = '1'

If I set it back the errors go away and the tabs appear.

2. In Categories/Products/ Edit Product

I can see Manuals and Specifications Tab, I think I need to set up Speicfications first so that the Specifications Tab can be modified, but the Manuals Tab I can modify it, however it doesn't seems appear on my website.

Did I do something wrong?

Many thanks in advance.

Lyn

select count(xp.xsell_id) as total from TABLE_PRODUCTS_XSELL xp, products p where xp.products_id = '30' and xp.xsell_id = p.products_id and p.products_status = '1'

Hi Jim,

I had installed Products Specification into a brand new 2.3.3 version, and did a test, it is the same problems I have.

So this confirm that I did not make the installation mistake.

I had took the screenshoot to show you what I mean.

http://postimage.org/gallery/76phekeo/

Is there a demo for admin to show how to use products specifications?

I really want to use this addons, had read your manual three times....

Sorry if I did not understand it well and make mistake.

thank you very much for your help in advance.

Lyn

1. The Accessories tab does not show if you have it set to False in your Admin. Do you mean that it is showing on the Admin side? If so, just ignore it, or comment it out in the code if it bothers you. If you want the functionality (which I recommend), you need to install the Xsell Addon.

2. Yes, you need specifications before anything will show in the Specifications tab. The Specifications you show in your screenshots are not linked to any product categories, and will not show in any products until you link them.

The manuals tab requires the Document Manager Addon to function. You can rename one of the other tabs if you want different functionality.

No, there is no demo. There are far too many options to make such a thing useful.

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim,

Thank you very much for your reply.

About the Accessories Tab, even I set it to false, it show both in admin and front page, which doesn't have error message, however, if I set it to false, then it show error message, and I guess this mean that I do need to install the Xsell addon as you said. Will this addon also work for oscommerce 2.3.x version?

I will try to link them to the catalog and see how it goes when I get more time to sit down for the specification tab.

I did try to install the document addon but it is for oscommerce 2.2 version, so I asked help from Kenkja, has some trouble with it, have got respond from Kenkja, I think he is trying to make works for 2.3.x version and upload to the addon later, so I guess I have to wait till it is available.

Do you know any website there that using your product specifications? If yes, is it possible to have link so that I can see what it suppose to look like?

Thank you very much again.

Lyn

The Accessories tab should not show if you have it set to False in your Admin. Did you run the SQL file more than once? That can cause the settings to be ignored. Search your database >> configuration table >> configuration_key field for SPECIFICATIONS_ACCESSORIES_TAB. If it's there more than once, delete the extra line(s).

I'm not sure if there is a 2.3x version of the Xsell Addon. You'll have to search for it.

There are several live sites that are using Products Specifications, but the forum rules prohibit a link. I can probably get away with a non-link like www(.)adss(.)net though. That site uses everything except specification filters.

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim,

Thank you for reply again.

I had check the configuration table, and I did not find double entry of the Specification_Accessories_Tab, is there other possibility that it goes wrong? Because with the test site I showed the images earlier, I am pretty sure i only run SQL once. And I did also check the configuration table and it is the same no double entry.

I will search the xSell, thank you.

And thank you very much for the site information.

Have a nice week.

Lyn