• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Products Specifications

kymation

I haven't seen that one before. The tabs rely on jQuery and jQuery UI, so I would update both of those to the latest version. Check all of the boxes on the jQuery UI download page, as the tabs use some of those options.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

On the existing installation i updated both jQuery and jQuery UI to the latest version, same problem.

To make sure i didnt do any error I also downloded a fresh copy of OSC2.3.1 and latest products_specification,copied files, made SQL changes.

Upgraged jQuery and jQuery UI - Same problem.

I tried Google Chrome, IE9 and mozilla, it works in Google Chrome and mozilla but not IE9.

I'm not completely surprised. IE 9 has a lot of problems rendering pages correctly. From what you posted, it appears that the jQuery rewrite of the tab is not being performed, breaking the tab's link to its content.

I don't know of any fix for this, other than waiting for Microsoft to issue a service pack.

Regards

Jim

I solved the products_tabs error by rebuild the products_tabs.php from scratch with the help of a Jquery UI tabs template.

I also removed some tabs that I dont need.

I have no idea whats made the IE9 error, but now its working.

about the filter module, should it be visible over the product_listing?

I have the module above the slub-categories, but not above the prodcut_listing after you clicked on a sub-category.

I compared the produt_listing.php that is attached to the specification-package, and it is exactly the same as the stock version.

I gues it should be some differences?

• 4 weeks later...

That works if you use the files supplied in the distribution package. If you have made changes by hand, check that you did not miss something or made a change in the wrong location.

Regards

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

I just did a clean installation.

Uploaded the files to a clean oscommerce installation and i runned the products_specification.sql.

But it looks some tables is missing in the sql file? (1.1.4)

On product_info.php i get this error:

1146 - Table 'osc2311.table_products_to_documents' doesn't exist select count(*) as total from TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_DOCUMENTS where products_id = '19'

or this: (it depends on what product i click on)

1054 - Unknown column 'popt.products_options_type' in 'field list'

select distinct popt.products_options_id, popt.products_options_name, popt.products_options_type, popt.products_options_length, popt.products_options_comment from products_options popt join products_attributes patrib on patrib.options_id = popt.products_options_id where patrib.products_id='26' and popt.language_id = '1' order by popt.products_options_sort_order, popt.products_options_name

Hey Mumme, have you managed this error? Can you describe how you dealt with it?

sorry,

this is my page

http://i44.tinypic.com/2ir3d74.jpg

in this page i have some filter with 2 or 3 words and they are too long, I'd like display the filter in 2 lines as this web site http://i42.tinypic.com/wbaqs2.jpg

Can you help me? What i have to modify? I tried to modify stilesheet option,optgroup but nothing

You'll probably have to use Javascript to do this. Native HTML/CSS does not seem to work inside a select option. I believe that jQuery has something that would work, so you might want to start there.

Regards

Jim

Dear All,

I'm trying to setting up my first webshop.

The installation of OsCommerce 2.3.1 was no problem, neither the translation package.

But now when I have installed the contribution "Product Specification" I find some trouble with the listing of Manufactures. Please see Attached file.

Do anyone know if there is a way to maybe have this "Filet box" in a side box like the cart. And if there is any way to have it on the same page as the product i listed.

Thanks for your support! :)

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=1077

sorry,

this is my page

http://i44.tinypic.com/2ir3d74.jpg

in this page i have some filter with 2 or 3 words and they are too long, I'd like display the filter in 2 lines as this web site http://i42.tinypic.com/wbaqs2.jpg

Can you help me? What i have to modify? I tried to modify stilesheet option,optgroup but nothing

How did you do to use the filter at the same page as the products? I don´t get that to work..

@@Kraial: There is an optional filter box included with the Product Specifications package. Refer to the User's Manual for instructions.

Regards

Jim

I found how to get it in a box on the side, thank you!

The problem I have now i that i ain´t get it on the same page as the products are listed.

I have linked the specification right..

Please see print screen

http://i42.tinypic.com/a9ybo1.jpg

There is no restriction on the filters box. It will show up on every page in the store. So I still don't see the problem.

Regards

Jim

Hi everyone,

I Have instlled this contribution on my site and I Have a problem.

When I try to log in to osc admin i get an error as well as when tring to access the site.

The error is:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_draw_button() in C:\Program Files (x86)\Ampps\www\oscom\includes\header.php on line 27

Any one can help, please?

Edited by al3ks

Find this post helpful? Click the 'Like this' button. :)

I'm not sure what you mean, my oscommerece version is 2.3.1

and i actually downloaded it before from the link you gave me.

Find this post helpful? Click the 'Like this' button. :)