• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Products Specifications

kymation

Filters are exactly the same as product specification values only if you have the specification set to exact. They can also be ranges, reverse ranges, similar, multiple, partial.... With all of the options considered, how would you suggest the wording be changed to better express this? I'm open to contributions to the instructions as well as to the code.

Yes, includes/languages/english/products_filter.php seem to have gone missing. You can get a copy from the previous version here. I don't believe it has changed since that release. Thanks for reporting the bug; I'll fix this in the release.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Filters are exactly the same as product specification values only if you have the specification set to exact. They can also be ranges, reverse ranges, similar, multiple, partial.... With all of the options considered, how would you suggest the wording be changed to better express this? I'm open to contributions to the instructions as well as to the code.

Yes, includes/languages/english/products_filter.php seem to have gone missing. You can get a copy from the previous version here. I don't believe it has changed since that release. Thanks for reporting the bug; I'll fix this in the release.

Regards

Jim

Thanks Jim, after uploading that product_filter.php the last part, the front-end filter started with the results. Thanks for the work on this, and for the help.

I understood the filters section in admin as I told you, once I realized that it must be related strictly to a specification values added if it's possible to add few "filters". The other way it would be a nonsense to have possibility to define few filters in one specification. And don't get me wrong, I just think that for new users the section on the right side in admin when you click add new filter or you edit existing somewhere around the filed where you input the filter should have some comment under explaining that the field should contain the filter values related to values defined for the specification: extact specification if defined value is exact, range of values if defined value is ranged, etc. Or at least the field itself should be called rather Filter Value instead of Filter. BTW - as still there are missing definitions in the files I see in this section when adding new filter or editing one the 3 buttons - Save, Cancel and IMAGE_SORT. What is supposed to do with IMAGE_SORT? It returns the list of filters in the specification, the same way as Cancel button do.

You said that you are just working on a v 1.2, but at this moment I have a working package that with your help we tuned here. If to the files that you uploaded to http://kymation.com/pub/products_specifications_1_1_2.tar.gz you will add the missing </div> in catalog/includes/modules/product_listing.php and the catalog/includes/languages/english/products_filter.php it can be a working v 1.1 for noobs like me ;)

Again, thanks for this great contribution and work spent on developing and supporting. If you would like to have one to test a little v 1.2, I volunteer.

Edited by omulec

Version 1.2 will have the Google Feeder (and capability for other feeders as well.) I'm struggling a bit with Google's nonsense approach to attributes, so that may not be in the first release. We'll see.

I'll put up a new release in a bit with the fixes you've found. Thanks again for reporting those.

Regards

Jim

The updated version 1.1.3 has been uploaded to the usual location. Until it gets approved, it will be available from my server.

This release fixes the previously reported bugs in catalog/includes/modules/product_listing.php and catalog/includes/languages/english/products_filter.php. This fixes all of the bugs that I am aware of. If there are any more, please report them here.

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim, Excellent work as always..

I just installed into osc 2.3.1 and came across a few cosmetic issues..

1. Deprecated: Function ereg_replace() is deprecated in \admin\products_specifications.php on line 1408

2. The "New Specification" Button on this page is currently labelled "New Product"

3. admin/products_specifications.php?sgpath=1&spath=1&fid=1&action=edit_filter shows "IMAGE_SORT" on the Image sort button (missing the ENGLISH definition)

My Products Admin Issues:

I set up two Specifications Groups and applied them to my test category and added Specifications and Options correctly

1. I can see all the tabs but don't get any Options listed under the Specifications Tab

2. Any other entered data in tabs is not saved..

I checked the code and believe I have everything in the "categories.php" file correctly.. Any pointers?

Thanks!,

Pete

Edited by xmanflash

btw: I have part 1 of the admin stuff working now.. - I needed to remove the 'product_column_id' setting from the Specification..

I also have it displaying in the front end now - somehow forgot to save the WinMerge changes..

So just the cosmetic stuff left :)

Cheers,

Pete

Edited by xmanflash

1. That was a bad choice in the first place. Replace Line 1408 with the following:

$title_string = str_replace ('_', ' ', $row['Field']);

2. Replace IMAGE_NEW_PRODUCT with IMAGE_NEW_SPECIFICATION. Then add the following after Line 223 in admin/includes/languages/english/products_specifications.php:

define ('IMAGE_NEW_SPECIFICATION', 'Create a New Specification');

3. Add another define after the above:

define ('IMAGE_SORT', 'Sort');

Thanks for the bug reports. I've fixed the master and will upload a new package shortly.

Regards

Jim

Yep - that fixed em!

Is there a live site with the tabs working in /product_info.php somewhere? - Mine are not working - the 4 tab headers show up but not in tabs. I suspect CSS/div layout issues but need something working to compare it with!

Thanks,

Pete

1. That was a bad choice in the first place. Replace Line 1408 with the following:

$title_string = str_replace ('_', ' ', $row['Field']);

2. Replace IMAGE_NEW_PRODUCT with IMAGE_NEW_SPECIFICATION. Then add the following after Line 223 in admin/includes/languages/english/products_specifications.php:

define ('IMAGE_NEW_SPECIFICATION', 'Create a New Specification');

3. Add another define after the above:

define ('IMAGE_SORT', 'Sort');

Thanks for the bug reports. I've fixed the master and will upload a new package shortly.

Regards

Jim

There is an (accidentally) live site at www.binding-machine.net. Look at any of the machine pages. Note that this is the aforementioned heavily-modified site, so a lot of things on that page are different. The tabs are stock, though, so you should be able to see how that part works.

The first thing that I would look for is the Javascript that creates the tabs:

<script type="text/javascript">
   $(function() {
     $( "#tabs" ).tabs({ selected: 0 });
   });
 </script>

If that's not showing the tabs will do what you described.

Regards

Jim

Edit: The tabs_css.css file is no longer needed. That was before I changed to Jquery-UI for the tabs. The Jquery theme now handles the CSS for the tabs.

Edited by kymation

Version 1.1.4 has now been uploaded to the usual location, and is available on my server until the official version gets approved. This change includes the bugfixes discussed above.

Regards

Jim

Version 1.1.4 has now been uploaded to the usual location, and is available on my server until the official version gets approved. This change includes the bugfixes discussed above.

Regards

Jim

Hi,

I am a newbie. When i installed the above addon i am now getting

1054 - Unknown column 'c.show_comparison' in 'field list'

select c.categories_image, c.show_comparison, cd.categories_name, cd.categories_long_description, cd.categories_bottom_description from categories c join categories_description cd on cd.categories_id = c.categories_id where c.categories_id = '1'

Any ideas what i may have done wrong??

regards

Bret

Hi Jim,

I ran the DB Update script during the update and there were no errors. I looked at the categories table in the db and there are no columns called "categories_image, show_comparison, categories_name, categories_long_description, categories_bottom_description. Is it possible for you to send me a SQL script to create a DB with the exact same structure as yours.

$CREATE TABLE `categories` (

`categories_id` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,

`categories_image` varchar(64) DEFAULT NULL,

`parent_id` int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',

`sort_order` int(3) DEFAULT NULL,

`date_added` datetime DEFAULT NULL,

`last_modified` datetime DEFAULT NULL,

PRIMARY KEY (`categories_id`),

KEY `idx_categories_parent_id` (`parent_id`)

) ENGINE=InnoDB AUTO_INCREMENT=22 DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1$$

Regards

Bret

I just did a clean installation.

Uploaded the files to a clean oscommerce installation and i runned the products_specification.sql.

But it looks some tables is missing in the sql file? (1.1.4)

On product_info.php i get this error:

1146 - Table 'osc2311.table_products_to_documents' doesn't exist select count(*) as total from TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_DOCUMENTS where products_id = '19'

or this: (it depends on what product i click on)

1054 - Unknown column 'popt.products_options_type' in 'field list'

select distinct popt.products_options_id, popt.products_options_name, popt.products_options_type, popt.products_options_length, popt.products_options_comment from products_options popt join products_attributes patrib on patrib.options_id = popt.products_options_id where patrib.products_id='26' and popt.language_id = '1' order by popt.products_options_sort_order, popt.products_options_name

categories_image exists in the stock categories table. categories_name also exists in the categories_description table. The rest of these are errors.

Thanks for the bug reports. I'll clean up the code and release a new version.

Regards

Jim

categories_image exists in the stock categories table. categories_name also exists in the categories_description table. The rest of these are errors.

Thanks for the bug reports. I'll clean up the code and release a new version.

Regards

Jim

I have built several oscommerce stores, with own solutions and others contr. but I have never seen i contr. that make me so impressed as this.

If i get this working I will save weeks of work! =) Almost every store needs extra products fields, and it takes so long time to program them all in admin and catalog.

I realy like your solutions on the admin section.

I look forward for you new release!

Hi Everyone

I use osc 2.3.1 with seo and header tag and a have on big problem, PS don't work i have this error when i click on categories or subcategories:
1054 - Nieznana kolumna 'c.show_comparison' w field list

select c.categories_image, c.show_comparison, cd.categories_name, cd.categories_long_description, cd.categories_bottom_description from categories c join categories_description cd on cd.categories_id = c.categories_id where c.categories_id = '23' 

[TEP STOP]

link: http://www.sklep.emc...mskie-c-23.html

One more error in index or fron page i don't see box [products filter]. In Admin i chose True but it dosn't work

So i waiting

Edited by emcmoda

The new version has been uploaded to the Addons page and will be available once it's approved. It's also available now from my server. See the Upgrade folder for a list of the files changed since the last version.

Remember that the Filters box will not show up unless there are filters set that will return results from the current category. If you don't see the box, check your filters. See section 4.2.3 in the instructions.

I'm surprised there are this many people using this Addon. I thought it would be rarely used. Please submit any bugs that you find, and ask questions if there is something that you do not understand. Just read the manual first, as most of the information you need is in there. This is a big and complex Addon because it does so much. This also means that it takes more work to understand what it is doing.

Regards

Jim

The new version has been uploaded to the Addons page and will be available once it's approved. It's also available now from my server. See the Upgrade folder for a list of the files changed since the last version.

Remember that the Filters box will not show up unless there are filters set that will return results from the current category. If you don't see the box, check your filters. See section 4.2.3 in the instructions.

I'm surprised there are this many people using this Addon. I thought it would be rarely used. Please submit any bugs that you find, and ask questions if there is something that you do not understand. Just read the manual first, as most of the information you need is in there. This is a big and complex Addon because it does so much. This also means that it takes more work to understand what it is doing.

Regards

Jim

I did a new installation with the latest release 1.1.5.

And I think we have still have a bug.

On products description (on product_info.php) I get this error message:

"Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in C:\wamp\www\osc2312\catalog\includes\functions\clean_code.php(162) : eval()'d code on line 1"

Version 1.1.6 has been uploaded to the Addons section and my server. The changed files are listed in the Updates file.

If you are seeing the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in .../catalog/includes/functions/clean_code.php(162) : eval()'d code on line 1

Log into your Admin and edit the products where you see that message, then save. You don't need to make any changes to the product before saving. This is to handle single quotes/apostrophes, which are special characters in PHP.

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim,

My previous errors have now gone. I have few new ones now

When i first open the website the categories box is now at the bottom of the screen.

When i select a category the products are displayed with text overlapping the images and there is no box around each product.

When i select one of these products i get "1065 - Query was empty" this is on the product_info page

Under the Admin product specifications page there is an option called "Show More" this is a true/false option. When i select to change the option there is no true/false selection button. Just a text box to type true or false.

Regards

Bret