• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Products Specifications

kymation

Hello, me again :)

I changed the line, when I hit delete button this is the error:

"Notice: Use of undefined constant TEXT_INFO_HEADING_DELETE_GROUP - assumed 'TEXT_INFO_HEADING_DELETE_GROUP' in /home/infoot/public_html/1/admin/categories.php on line 1167"

When I try to create a category this is what occur:"Notice: Undefined index: tmp_name in /home/infoot/public_html/1/admin/includes/classes/upload.php on line 52

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/infoot/public_html/1/admin/includes/classes/upload.php:52) in /home/infoot/public_html/1/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 24".

Ty very much for your help!

Edited by dobreraj

If I replace /admin/categories.php from Products Specifications 1.0.2 with /admin/categories.php from Products Specifications 1.0.1 I manage to delete categories but I still can't create subcategory in a category but only in root :)

Those errors are minor and can be ignored. If that's all you get, turn error reporting back off.

I have no idea why this is happening. I haven't seen it before, so I'm going to be no help at all.

Regards

Jim

Edit: Just to be certain: You really do mean Product Categories (on the Products/Categories page) and not Specification Groups?

Edited by kymation

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

• 1 month later...

In the manual I found the string:

Known Bugs:

===========

93. Filters do not pass characters such as & that are needed in certain cases

(Manufacturer's brand name.) Use rawurlencode() to encode the filters and

rawurldecode() to decode them, or switch to passing the Filter ID

instead of the name.

---

But I cannot find any info about how to switch to passing the Filter ID

instead of the name.

How can I do it ?

You'll have to rewrite the filter code to do this. It's a big job, which is one of the reasons it hasn't been done. Reply to this if you want to make the changes and I'll give you more information.

Regards

Jim

• 3 weeks later...

Products Specifications has been updated to osC version 2.3.1. The new version has been waiting for approval for a couple of days now. Until it gets approved, the download is available from my server.

The next upgrade is Feeds, specifically the Google feeder. I'm working on that now.

Regards

Jim

Products Specifications has been updated to osC version 2.3.1. The new version has been waiting for approval for a couple of days now. Until it gets approved, the download is available from my server.

Hi Jim and thanks for the work on this.

I just downloaded and installed, however it seems there is some small issue with the code. I performed the install on a fresh osc install to double check eliminating my mistakes in modifying my already modified shop. Fresh osc, fresh sql database, fresh drop-on-top of the contribution, no anything else modified.

The thing is visible in the admin, even if from functional point of view it seems to be working - you can add all steps for specifications as well as the categories and products. I marked with red rectangles where I see the issues.

Once the specification group is created and the Filters in Specification display a code in a button:

See the picture

In Categories section you can see more of that:

See the picture

Once adding the product:

See the picture

Now, front-end with installed specifications was still looking fine, but once I added specification, linked them with categories and added their values to products, the front-end format went wrong. More the categories box displays number of products added, but the products are not displayed.

See the picture

Again, maybe is some small issue with the code, or some issue with my server (I don't know).

The platform I used was:

Pure osc 2.3.1 from here

Database: localhost

Server OS: Linux 2.6.18-238.9.1.el5

Database: localhost @ MySQL 5.1.57-rel12.8 with utf8 unicode

HTTP Server: Apache

PHP Version: 5.2.17 (Zend: 2.2.0)

What do you think about that?

Edited by omulec

1. Missing button definition. I'll fix that and upload a new version. You can fix this by adding a definition in the language file.

2 & 3. More language definitions. I'll have to take a look at these.

4. I have no idea. Mine doesn't do that. Do y0u have the Tabbed version (standard) of the products page or an alternate?

Regards

Jim

4. I have no idea. Mine doesn't do that. Do y0u have the Tabbed version (standard) of the products page or an alternate?

Thanks Jim

I suppose that standard. In the way that the one that is default with fresh osc once installed if you are asking if there was some contribution with alternate product page. I don't see anywhere in standard osc any option to switch the product page to an alternate too, so I suppose standard ;)

But define tabbed (standard) better and lets see

Regards

Szymon

Products Specifications has different ways of displaying the Product Info page. The change is in the Admin. Tabs is my preferred method, so that gets more testing. There were alternate Product Info pages in earlier versions, but those don't work in 2.3.1, so we don't need to worry about them.

Sorry if I confused you; I was in a hurry.

Regards

Jim

Sorry if I confused you; I was in a hurry.

Don't be, I'm just still not sure which product page version do I have - I suppose from what did you say that standard tabbed.

Again Jim, as you said the issues in admin are cosmetic, cause I confirm that Product specifications work there. The serious issue is with the front-end, so if you will have any questions regarding the install I still keep on the server. If you would prefer the access to ftp or sql to watch for that strange behavior live, PM me.

Regards

Szymon

I finally had some time to look at this. I found a couple of files that I forgot to update with the latest version. Then I found some things that I forgot to update at all. Then I went off looking for more bugs....

Anyway, this version should be less buggy. I don't have time to update the manual right now, so here's a list of the files that you need to add/change:

catalog/admin/products_specifications.php

catalog/admin/includes/languages/english.php

catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/categories.php

catalog/index.php

catalog/product_info.php

catalog/ext/jquery/star_rating/jquery.rating.css

catalog/ext/jquery/star_rating/jquery.rating.pack.js

catalog/includes/application_top.php.php

catalog/includes/languages/english.php

catalog/includes/modules/product_reviews.php

catalog/includes/modules/tell_a_friend.php

catalog/includes/modules/products_tabs.php

everything in catalog/images/icons/

This update is available from my server until the upload is approved (if that ever happens) products_specifications_1_1_1.tar.gz

Regards

Jim

Anyway, this version should be less buggy. I don't have time to update the manual right now, so here's a list of the files that you need to add/change:

Jim,

Thanks for the update. Right now the definitions on the admin side are corrected in some places. I'm not a coder so I don't know if it's relevant, but once adding a new product to a category (doesn't matter if any specification is applied to that category or not) at the bottom of new product page there is still a piece of the code, which may be important:

jQuery(document).ready(function () {$('#products_date_available').datepicker({ dateFormat: 'yy-mm-dd' });}); 

From the front-end the main page still loose it's formatting once you click on any category and doesn't display any existing products on the listing.

The first one is some unneeded code that got pasted in the wrong place. I have no idea how it got there, and it's not actually harming anything, but I've taken it out.

The second is an error that I've fixed before. This is another case of not getting the right file in the distribution package. Fixed.

As usual, the package is on my server until we have an Admin again: http://kymation.com/pub/products_specifications_1_1_2.tar.gz

Files to replace:

catalog/admin/categories.php

catalog/includes/modules/product_listing.php

Regards

Jim

The second is an error that I've fixed before. This is another case of not getting the right file in the distribution package. Fixed.

Thanks Jim for such extensive service on this. And sorry for being such pain in the ass as a tester ;P

At this moment the fix of product_listing.php changes the situation in the way that the product list is already displayed, however the formatting still goes in the way prtscr'ned in my first post. The only thing that comes to my mind is that the css is loosing it's ability to fit both columns and main content in the limited space. I may be wrong, but I have a feeling that the main content because of some strange reason becomes too wide loading product_listing.php and both columns being position related drop down-left...

The alignment problem is typical of a mismatched <table> or <div> tag -- either too many or too few closing tags will do it. I may have messed this up again. I have too many copies of this on my system (I'm working on version 1.2 right now.) Try adding this at the end of catalog/includes/modules/product_listing.php:

</div>

Regards

Jim

The alignment problem is typical of a mismatched <table> or <div> tag -- either too many or too few closing tags will do it. I may have messed this up again. I have too many copies of this on my system (I'm working on version 1.2 right now.) Try adding this at the end of catalog/includes/modules/product_listing.php:

</div>

Regards

Jim

Thanks Jim, formatting came back to normal ;)

Regards

Szymon

Thanks Jim, formatting came back to normal ;)

Jim,

As far as formatting of front end is fine and it's listing the products now without any problems as well as admin side works, there is a problem with filters enabled by default. They appear in the right places and look good, but they are inactive. The drop-down have just the default field "Show all" and once clicked only one additional and inactive named the same as the specification/filter. The values to be selected even if defined properly in admin and added properly to products doesn't appear as a list of a drop-down.

Any hint on this?

Regards

Szymon

The most common error is not assigning any values to the Filters. Values assigned to the Specifications are not automatically used; you have to assign filter values as well.

Regards

Jim

The most common error is not assigning any values to the Filters. Values assigned to the Specifications are not automatically used; you have to assign filter values as well.

I suppose that you are talking about assigning them inside a specification in filter section. I defined the values to a specification and than added to products, but I just don't know where to assign a value to the filter. There is just one mysterious button once I edit a filter close to "save" and "cancel" but due to definitions it's called "IMAGE_SORT", but even if I hit it nothing happens in theory. I've checked the manual and I don't see any explanation where to assign them too.

Regards

Szymon

Sorry, that was confusing even to me. Yes, I was talking about having values assigned to the Specification in your Products menu. You have to have at least one product that the filter would return before the filter will show up.

What do you have the Filter Class set to? What do you have Display the Filter set to?

Regards

Jim

Filter class exact, display as pulldown.

I added some products with selected specification values that were defined previously in the specifications, because maybe you misunderstood me before. When you click on the pulldown it's showing only inactive names of the filters, no values.

When you are looking at the Filters in Specification: page, what filters do you see listed? What values do you have assigned to that Specification for your products?

Regards

Jim

Ok, starting with the top:

There is one group of specifications at the moment.

Inside there is one specification at this moment with settings: Filter Class: exact, Display the Filter as: pulldown, Filter Show All: True, Enter Specification Values as: pulldown. Its active to be visible in comparison, product info page and in filter.

This Specification has 2 values added, both applied to some products.

There are two filters defined, one of them has the same name as the specification (not the same as the specification defined values).

Now, after your questions I had some thought about those filters. I applied the second filter to this specification just to see what will happen on the front-end. But now I realized that probably each filter is rather a "value to be filtered" so I renamed filters into the same names as the specification values that I've added, and they became active. I think that this should be better described in documentation or in the filters section in admin, not to create the misunderstanding.

So, the filter became active now, and let's go to a next step as I managed to select a value to filter the product listing. Now it's displaying:

Warning: require_once(includes/languages/english/products_filter.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ur139661/public_html/pcs/products_filter.php on line 25

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/languages/english/products_filter.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/ur139661/public_html/pcs/products_filter.php on line 25

I've checked the original archive with the contribution as well as the updates you linked in this thread. There is no product_filter.php in catalog/includes/languages/english, so probably the sript is missing some definitions that should be in this file.

Regards

Szymon