• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Featured products doesnt appear in Index.php

crowd

I made a Featured products page.

Now i want it to be an index page. Instruction says to change the code in index.php

<?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?>

to

<?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_FEATURED); ?>

That´s what i did, but it doesnt appear on Index.

When i open it separately in a browser, like http://www.myshop.com/catalog/featured_products.php, it works ok.

How to make it the Main page?

I believe the instructions state that has to be done in TWO places in the index.php file. Then, you have to enable the feature in the admin. Also, if you don't have some featured products chosen, it will not appear.

Chris

Edited by DunWeb

You ran the SQL as well ?

If so, then I am out of guesses. I have installed the contribution countless times and never have come across what you are experiencing.

Chris

Jack Anderson, i did it, it was in the installation readme. It doesnt work though.

Chris, i exported the SQL table, but something went wrong with the encoding . i have russian, and now in admin panel it shows ??????? instead of letters.

I tried to reinstall this table, it doesnt help. Still all by itself it works ok, only doesnt show up in Index.