• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Simple Multi Image Add-on (Un-Limited) with FancyBox Popups

spooks

No, its not implemented for category or main product image, simply as there seems little point, osC relies on images there & needs to be modded if you don't have them so it would be rare that anyone would want to delete, they would normally just change them.

Thanks for explaining this. I have another cart that has delete on category image but don't remember if it was set like that in 'Multiple Images Contrib' or if it is standard OSC.

So what is the best way to remove the image if you had put in an image in category image field but then decided later you don't want a category image at all?

Thank you Spooks. I love this mod and your product listing mod.

Charles

Thanks for explaining this. I have another cart that has delete on category image but don't remember if it was set like that in 'Multiple Images Contrib' or if it is standard OSC.

So what is the best way to remove the image if you had put in an image in category image field but then decided later you don't want a category image at all?

Thank you Spooks. I love this mod and your product listing mod.

Charles

The best option is to have a 'blank' image (ie small transparent gif) that u can upload whenever you don't wish to use one for either case.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Check your install, did you add the meta?

Thanks Spooks!!

Yes i installed meta "<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE7" /> ".how can i resolve this issue.

One more thing,Fancybox's official site (fancybox.net) also have the black border problem in IE7.You can see by zoom the screen.

Regards

Jaskaran

Edited by Jaskaran

Thanks Spooks!!

Yes i installed meta "<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE7" /> ".how can i resolve this issue.

One more thing,Fancybox's official site (fancybox.net) also have the black border problem in IE7.You can see by zoom the screen.

Regards

Jaskaran

This problem can occur with ie8, I have never seen it with ie7 and I don't see it on the Fancybox's official site (I use IE7)

So its paticular to your browser, perhaps your not using what u think your using?

You could use Simple Multiple Images (Unlimited) with PrettyPhoto Popups most of the code in that is the same as this, just different javascript, I`ve never seen border isssues with that.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Today I centered my shop with this simple procedure:

At the very start of header.php adding:

<div id="content">

At the very bottom of footer.php adding:

</div>

To the style.css adding:

#content {

width: 900; margin: auto;

border: 1px solid #999999;

text-align:center;

}

To the BODY tag adding:

text-align:center;

All works fine, the shop is centered and limited to 900,

but when I come to the product_info (clicking a single

product out of the list), all is as before, not centered

and in full width of the screen.

I tried with different (valid) doc-types as described in

the F&Q, but w/o result.

Any help would be highly appreciated, thx in advance,

PStranger

This problem can occur with ie8, I have never seen it with ie7 and I don't see it on the Fancybox's official site (I use IE7)

So its paticular to your browser, perhaps your not using what u think your using?

You could use Simple Multiple Images (Unlimited) with PrettyPhoto Popups most of the code in that is the same as this, just different javascript, I`ve never seen border isssues with that.

Thanks for replying Spooks!!

http://www.knotsh.com/shumnew/catalog/women-skincare-moisturisers-active-moist-p-99.html

Above is my test server link,check fancybox in IE7. and problem is not with my particular browser because i checked this on different machine with IE7.

Regards

Jaskaran

Edited by Jaskaran

Thanks for replying Spooks!!

http://www.knotsh.co...moist-p-99.html

Above is my test server link,check fancybox in IE7. and problem is not with my particular browser because i checked this on different machine with IE7.

Regards

Jaskaran

Veiwing your page in ie7, ie8 & ff I see no problem, try emptying your browser cache

I note you have <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE7" /> b4 <head>, it should go after.

Sam

Contributions:

Im having some issues with IE (both 7 and 8 i think)

The text in the product description starts on top of the pictures, not further down the page like in every other browser i tested. I dont know if this is related to this addon, but it wasn't like that before.

demo

Edited by Toorqs

Im having some issues with IE (both 7 and 8 i think)

You have made errors in the install, go over it again more carefully.

You have a template, therefore non-standard messed up code, you need to take extra care with anything like that.

Sam

Contributions:

I went over the install, but still the same.

I assume the error must be in the product_info.php? I had an error after i installed it with the text not showing at all, and it turned out i removed the "php echo stripslashes" in the process.

Is anything missing from that part of the following code?

<div class="main"><div class="desc2"><?php echo stripslashes($product_info['products_description']); ?></div><br>

<?php

}

?>

this is the trouble with templates, u have to be good at coding to modify, but those that use them arent (& the writers pretty poor too!!)

| see your page is using layers check your nesting.

where is the close for <div class="main"> ? etc etc

Sam

Contributions:

Veiwing your page in ie7, ie8 & ff I see no problem, try emptying your browser cache

I note you have <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE7" /> b4 <head>, it should go after.

Thanks for reply Sir!

I set the meta after head..but problem still exist. Again i check view on different machine with IE7.

I wondered if you have not seen any black border on your screen??:blink: Pls Use "Zoom out"(ctrl+-) or "Zoom in" to see the black border

i already installed it twice. But problem existing

Regards

Jaskaran

Edited by Jaskaran

Can someone help me with this error:

Date / Time: 13-02-2010 11:20:33

Error Type: [E_NOTICE] Undefined variable: source

On line 204

File product_info.php

The line from SMIA looks like this:

echo '<a  rel="image_group" title="'.$title.'" href="' . ($source ? $source : DIR_WS_IMAGES . $value) . '" target="_blank">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $value, $product_info['products_name'], TINY_IMAGE_WIDTH, TINY_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '</a>'; 

How can I fix this?

I see, I though you were refering to the javascript zoom, not someone zooming the screen, is it really worth worrying about!!

In anycase its clearly an issue on your site, I cannot duplicate on any of mine, I suspect a ccs conlict, look there.

PS I also note on your site as u zoom the screen the popup gets bigger, on a correctly working site that should'nt happen, perhaps u have javascript conflicts, remove all but this to test.

Edited by spooks

Sam

Contributions:

Thank you for this great contrib.

I have a little problem, after install the contrib, my admin/categories don't save all the spaces or colors ect. i have in the products describtion, all looks fine when i write the text, but when i save it, it is only in one line and without any formating.

I use the all in one FCKeditor and the code for this seems to look fine, so it haven't overvrite some code from the editor.

I hope you can help.

Do you have some code to get it work with product reviews?, it's still in the old format and not so nice as your contrib :-)

This does not touch product description, if yours has been effected you have made errors, perhaps changed smthg u should'nt

Sam

Contributions:

Hi Sam,

I have just finished putting in the contribution, thankyou very much, it is only my first one so i have made a mistake and also dont understand one thing,

The mistake shows when i click on catalog - I get the message -Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /home/adawn/public_html/coin-collect.com/catalogcc/admin/categories.php on line 812

And the thing i dont understand is how to run the sql query. I have a few websites and am unsure as to what osc number goes with what website in phpmyadmin, also i cant seem to find the included sql to run.

Im sure its all there, my site page has no errors just in admin/catalog so far...

Thankyou again,

Kind regards Dawn

Hi Sam,

I have just finished putting in the contribution, thankyou very much, it is only my first one so i have made a mistake and also dont understand one thing,

The mistake shows when i click on catalog - I get the message -Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /home/adawn/public_html/coin-collect.com/catalogcc/admin/categories.php on line 812

And the thing i dont understand is how to run the sql query. I have a few websites and am unsure as to what osc number goes with what website in phpmyadmin, also i cant seem to find the included sql to run.

Im sure its all there, my site page has no errors just in admin/catalog so far...

Thankyou again,

Kind regards Dawn

Sorry also when i refreshed in Admin i got these other two errors...(same place as above error)

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /home/adawn/public_html/coin-collect.com/catalogcc/admin/categories.php on line 867

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /home/adawn/public_html/coin-collect.com/catalogcc/admin/categories.php on line 868

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /home/adawn/public_html/coin-collect.com/catalogcc/admin/categories.php on line 868

Please read the FAQ

Sam

Contributions:

And the thing i dont understand is how to run the sql query.

it says:

Please read through all the instructions first & make sure you understand them, if your unsure about anything please read the tips given here.

In the doc, did you follow the link? did that not make it clear??

Sam

Contributions:

Can someone explain why I might no longer have the abilitly to make changes in the admin cpanel in the Catagories/Products section after I have intalled this Multiple Image add-on?

Everything else seems to work fine, but when I try to make changes to a catagory (i.e, Catagory name or Catagory image) I don't see any chages after I enter the save button.

The only symptom I see is that after I click the save button, the catagories list is refreshed (as I can see all my original folders unchanged), only now all of my store items are listed below these folders.

Any direction would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Keith

Edited by Kzone

errors after install

Check you edits again very carefully, you have made errors in the install, try using a file compare tool if you have trouble with the manual method.

This add-on has been tested on a variety of server configs, with MS2 to RC2a versions, there are no known flaws, so if you get one then its 99% certain you have made errors.

Try using the supplied files in place of yours, you don't have to keep it that way, but it will show you that it works.

Sam

Contributions: