• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Simple Multi Image Add-on (Un-Limited) with FancyBox Popups

spooks

I have been running your fancybox popup with multiple images for a couple of months now and it has been working perfectly however a couple of days ago the Navigation arrows and the X to close have gone, the black background for the image name has also vannised.

I've looked & i note its fine in firefox, just fails in ie, not sure where the error is though, perhaps a css conflict, you have some now fixed issues too though, I suggest you upgrade to the latest. wink.gif

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

I've looked & i note its fine in firefox, just fails in ie, not sure where the error is though, perhaps a css conflict, you have some now fixed issues too though, I suggest you upgrade to the latest. wink.gif

Thanks Sam for looking at this so quickly, I really appreciate your time.

Kind regards...........Dave

Pleaese install the latest, then you wont have issues that are already fixed crying.gif , also make sure you complete the install in full. ohmy.gif

I updated to the newest version, but that didn't help with the IE issues. The only thing that would fix the issue is to use <!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">, on both product_info.php and my STS template. That required some work to get the site to look like it did before, and IE still looks a little different than other browsers, but FancyBox Popups are now working.

One other thing I noticed. With Internet Explorer the popup window and included pictures are slightly smaller than seen in Firefox. It's not a big deal, but any clue what might be causing that? My link

Why do you keep leaving bits of the install off??

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Hello Sam,

When you mouseover the product image, the location of the image file displays at the bottom of my browser - how do I stop this showing?

Thanks

Richard

If you install the latest version & osCthumb & enable filename encryption in osCthumb the link will make no sense there.

Sam

Contributions:

Why do you keep leaving bits of the install off??

What part am I leaving off??? I went through the entire install very carefully, following the instructions, and even used DiffMerge to compare my files with your supplied files. I am not intentionally leaving things out. :( Maybe I am making a mistake somewhere embeding code within other contributions somewhere?

What part am I leaving off??? I went through the entire install very carefully, following the instructions, and even used DiffMerge to compare my files with your supplied files. I am not intentionally leaving things out. sad.gif Maybe I am making a mistake somewhere embeding code within other contributions somewhere?

Then clearly your not taking enough care!!

I see no <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE7" />

I did'nt bother to look further

PS your canonical tag is bad!!! excl.gif

Edited by spooks

Sam

Contributions:

Then clearly your not taking enough care!!

I see no <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE7" />

I did'nt bother to look further

PS your canonical tag is bad!!! excl.gif

Thanks for your quick response Sam. Ah, you're correct, there was no IE=EmulateIE7 showing up in the html output. I had your contribution files correct, but I found I needed to add that meta command to my STS templates to make them show up on the actual html output. I am not sure why that happens, but I am not a code expert. Maybe this post will help others with the same issues. I am now able to use <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">. The site now looks and acts the same in both Firefox and IE, except for my rounded corner divs, but IE doesn't use those CSS commands. I think the canonical tag is fixed now too, but I will look into that further. Still a work in progress. Thanks.

Thanks for your quick response Sam. Ah, you're correct, there was no IE=EmulateIE7 showing up in the html output. I had your contribution files correct, but I found I needed to add that meta command to my STS templates to make them show up on the actual html output. I am not sure why that happens, but I am not a code expert. Maybe this post will help others with the same issues. I am now able to use <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">. The site now looks and acts the same in both Firefox and IE, except for my rounded corner divs, but IE doesn't use those CSS commands. I think the canonical tag is fixed now too, but I will look into that further. Still a work in progress. Thanks.

OK, I don't use STS so thanks, if the issue comes up again we'll know.

If it helps I've release a contrib for the canonical.

Sam

Contributions:

Hello again Sam,

I am currently running fancy box version 1.2 on osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2. Are you suggesting I upgrade fancy box to version V1.3.5 or my whole site to osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 Release Candidate 2a or osCommerce Online Merchant v3.0 Alpha 5.

kind regards.........Dave

Hi Sam,

Really like the contrib, works well and is well documented. I've looked through the forum and couldn't find anything related to this topic, so sorry if it's a repeat.

The product page in admin will display blank textboxes for however many additional images you specify with 'add_images'. But for me anyway, when I fill up the last box it doesn't automatically update the page with a new empty textbox. I have to click the preview button for the product, then the back button to get a new empty textbox to appear for the next image. I'm doing a used car site so it's not unusual to have a dozen or so images per product.

I know I could increase 'add_images', but I wanted to double check to see if this was the way the page was suppose to work? I've gone over the code in admin/configure.php and I don't think an auto update is part of the plan. But, I'm pretty new at this so it's possible I've missed something. Would there be a way to start the update based on an event maybe?

Thanks, JR

Hi Sam,

Really like the contrib, works well and is well documented. I've looked through the forum and couldn't find anything related to this topic, so sorry if it's a repeat.

The product page in admin will display blank textboxes for however many additional images you specify with 'add_images'. But for me anyway, when I fill up the last box it doesn't automatically update the page with a new empty textbox. I have to click the preview button for the product, then the back button to get a new empty textbox to appear for the next image. I'm doing a used car site so it's not unusual to have a dozen or so images per product.

I know I could increase 'add_images', but I wanted to double check to see if this was the way the page was suppose to work? I've gone over the code in admin/configure.php and I don't think an auto update is part of the plan. But, I'm pretty new at this so it's possible I've missed something. Would there be a way to start the update based on an event maybe?

Thanks, JR

To do what you want means javascript (or AJAX) I never use that unless I can avoid it, as your need is rare, its not smthg I feel would be generally benificial, so I have no plans to add.

Sam

Contributions:

Hello

Are there any problems if i have STS installed..i have modified all the files and i get an error when im clicking on a popup image "

Detailed information about the error on the website

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; SLCC2;. NET CLR 2.0.50727;. NET CLR 3.5.30729;. NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; Tablet PC 2.0 )

Timestamp: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 19:21:32 UTC

Line: 202

Characters: 6

Code: 0

URI: http://www.sws.nu/images/js/jquery.fancybox.js

"

What should i do?

Hello

Are there any problems if i have STS installed..i have modified all the files and i get an error when im clicking on a popup image "

Detailed information about the error on the website

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; SLCC2;. NET CLR 2.0.50727;. NET CLR 3.5.30729;. NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; Tablet PC 2.0 )

Timestamp: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 19:21:32 UTC

Line: 202

Characters: 6

Code: 0

URI: http://www.sws.nu/images/js/jquery.fancybox.js

"

What should i do?

Ive tested it on Firefox and it does work, but not in IE8

Ive tested it on Firefox and it does work, but not in IE8

Its because your missing the line:

[b]<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE7" />[/b]

you may have that on the page, but STS is replacing the head section, so you need that line to your template

Sam

Contributions:

Its because your missing the line:

[b]<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE7" />[/b]

you may have that on the page, but STS is replacing the head section, so you need that line to your template

Where should i put it... in my template.html file? And on wich row...

Hello can anybody help me with incarse size of product pic on product info page?

When i change to 200x200 pix in Product Information Image nothing happend.

Thanks

p.s. i upgrade to last version but no help.

You give very little info, I assume you have osCthumb installed, is it enabled?

Remember that only effects the thumbnail, is that what your talkin of, the popup is original image size, unless thats bigger than the viewport

Sam

Contributions:

Hello again Sam,

I am currently running fancy box version 1.2 on osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2. Are you suggesting I upgrade fancy box to version V1.3.5 or my whole site to osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 Release Candidate 2a or osCommerce Online Merchant v3.0 Alpha 5.

kind regards.........Dave

No, just upgrade to he latest vertsion of this, there is not a version for osC v3. smile.gif

Sam

Contributions: