• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Simple Multi Image Add-on (Un-Limited) with FancyBox Popups

spooks

Hi, I'm probably being very blonde but I'm in danger of turning grey after having tried this add on at least 5 times now!

I did a fresh install so had no other add ons, I installed oscthumb which seemed to work fine.

Next I did the simple multi image again. I've used a merge program to compare the files and really have tried so help would be much appreciated.

On IE I have 3 images but no-pop up box. On firefox I get the pop up but no picture only lines of symbols.

Everything is about to go out the window if I can't sort this sad.gif

Many thanks

Oracle

If your using a fresh install of rc2a why arent u using the included files or are u trying this with smthg else?

Also did u read the faq, esp re your issue & osc thumb? wink.gif

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

If your using a fresh install of rc2a why arent u using the included files or are u trying this with smthg else?

Also did u read the faq, esp re your issue & osc thumb? wink.gif

See totally blonde! I hadn't tried it in firefox before only in i.e. therefore didn't associate the error witht the FAQ which I promise I had read.

Right one little thing, I have 3 images on some products but now the pop up works there is no navigation between the 3 images, would a re-upload be needed?

Thanks Spooks btw for the pointer and the great add on. Looks brill.

Oracle

Upon installing I received this error when viewing my website and clicking on a specific product...

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/wekeptre/public_html/miafashionista/includes/functions/database.php on line 103

...any help would be greatly appreciated. I would like to get this mod up for Cyber Monday sales =)

Upon installing I received this error when viewing my website and clicking on a specific product...

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/wekeptre/public_html/miafashionista/includes/functions/database.php on line 103

...any help would be greatly appreciated. I would like to get this mod up for Cyber Monday sales =)

NEVERMIND. For some reason I was thinking it was an error with MySQL-- instead I just didn't paste a few lines of code when I was changing it up in product_info.php

Sorry! But thank you.. fixed it- and it works now =)

I just installed FancyBox... had absolutely no issues installing, seems to work exactly as stated. I RARELY get anything installed right the first time, so I'm extremely pleased. :D

Anyways, I do have a question. I've looked over all 24 pages of this post and can't find an answer... but I admit I might have missed it since I'm a little bleary-eyed right now. I'd like people to be able to have the FancyBox exit whenever they clicks anywhere... either in the image itself or on the background screen. Right now it seems you have to mouse-click directly on the 'X' to make it go away. I did check the jquery.fancybox file and hideOnContentClick is set to true. Am I missing something?

Thanks, Greg.

hideOnContentClick

I just installed FancyBox... had absolutely no issues installing, seems to work exactly as stated. I RARELY get anything installed right the first time, so I'm extremely pleased. biggrin.gif

Anyways, I do have a question. I've looked over all 24 pages of this post and can't find an answer... but I admit I might have missed it since I'm a little bleary-eyed right now. I'd like people to be able to have the FancyBox exit whenever they clicks anywhere... either in the image itself or on the background screen. Right now it seems you have to mouse-click directly on the 'X' to make it go away. I did check the jquery.fancybox file and hideOnContentClick is set to true. Am I missing something?

Thanks, Greg.

Glad it went smoothly. biggrin.gif

Check within the head, values there overide those in the js file. wink.gif

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

More followup... just to be clear. Check out the example link below (heck, it's probably your page)...

http://fancybox.net/example

Ok...Going from top row, left to right...

1) Will exit if you click on the pic or anything in the background

2) Will exit only if you click on the pic

3) Will exit only if you click on the pic

2nd Row down going from left to right...

All three of these will only exit if you click outside the pic... also obviously clicking the 'X' in any of the pics will exit.

I'd like mine set up so it will pretty much exit no matter where you click... either in or outside the box. People like it easy & I think that's easy... don't have to continually find the 'X' to close it out... just click anywhere! :)

Therefore I'd like my pages set up to be like pic #1. How do I do this? Again, please treat my like an absolute moron and you can't go wrong or hurt my feelings.

Sincerely, Greg.

All html pages have head sections you added lines there with this, including

<script type="text/javascript">
 $(document).ready(function() {
  $("div#fancy a").fancybox({
 'zoomSpeedIn': 800, 
 'zoomSpeedOut': 700, 
 'imageScale' : true,
 'centerOnScroll':  true,
 'hideOnContentClick' : false,
 'overlayShow': <?php echo (DIM_BACKGROUND == 'true' ? 'true' : 'false'); ?>,
 'overlayOpacity': <?php echo (BKG_LUMA/10); ?>,
 'zoomOpacity':  true,
 <?php if (SWING_POPUP == 'true') echo "'easingIn' : 'easeOutBack',"; ?>
 'hideOnContentClick': false

});
<?php if (DRAG_POPUP == 'true') echo '$("#fancy_outer").easydrag();'; ?>
});

</script>

so edit that bit to cange the hideOnContentClick, is that clear now wink.gif

Sam

Contributions:

I've looked at the product_info.php file. There are only two places where hideOnContentClick is there... both are set to false. Are you saying if I set those to 'True', then I won't have the problem I have now? I did some further research... others seem to be saying that the hideOnContentClick setting pretty much deals only when you have some sort of 'clickable' content within the popup. I don't... they are just pics. So again, if I change all to true, then anyone clicking either inside the box or outside the box will cause the popup to close?

Greg.

Update. I went through the product_info.php and changed the two instances to 'True'. Now when the images are 'blown-up' I can click anywhere within the enlarged pic and FancyBox will exit. However, clicking outside the box still keep the picture up. Is there another file somewhere that has this hideoncontentclick setting that I need to change... or do I need to do something else?

Appreciate your contribution and all the time you've put in to help everyone.

Sincerely, Greg.

How to change other settings

You can get details on all possible settings here, if not sure what effect any have, just try them on your page. wink.gif

Sam

Contributions:

Hey Sam,

Great add-on, just installed it and it's outstanding. One quick question/suggestion:

Since you're using FacnyBox and it supports inline content like YouTube, could you make it possible to add video links as opposed to (or in addition to) images?

Thanks,

-ch

Hey Sam,

Great add-on, just installed it and it's outstanding. One quick question/suggestion:

Since you're using FacnyBox and it supports inline content like YouTube, could you make it possible to add video links as opposed to (or in addition to) images?

Thanks,

-ch

Its possible, but its nothing thats planned. smile.gif

Sam

Contributions:

Thanks, that is a known bug, but one with osC Thumb (see that thread) it occurs with other contribs to, can even happen on default set up. ohmy.gif

Thnks for this nice contribution.

With oscThumb installed, like another member I found that It does not works If "Encrypt Image Filenames" is set to "true" in admin. (It did not popup in products_info page when clicked thumbnail images).

After I have tried to do following hacks in file [jquery.fancybox.js], it works.

----------------------------------------------------

==>Find

, imageRegExp = /\.(jpg|gif|png|bmp|jpeg)(.*)?$/i;

and replace it with:

, imageRegExp = /(jpg|gif|png|bmp|jpeg)(.*)?$/i;

----------------------------------------------------

Hope it helps!

Great tip well sused thumbsup.gif , I`ll include that in the next update. smile.gif

Sam

Contributions:

Hi there,

Have installed the contribution fine and all works great thanks.

1 quick question, I have the options set to vertical, but want to move the tiny additional image on the left of the large image rather than the right. Sorry fairly new to all this stuff and couldn't see it described anyway else in this forum.

I assume it's in the product_info section after the <div id="fancy"> but not sure exactly what to change.

Cheers

Dave

Hi there,

Have installed the contribution fine and all works great thanks.

1 quick question, I have the options set to vertical, but want to move the tiny additional image on the left of the large image rather than the right. Sorry fairly new to all this stuff and couldn't see it described anyway else in this forum.

I assume it's in the product_info section after the <div id="fancy"> but not sure exactly what to change.

Cheers

Dave

you would need to move this section:

echo '<a  rel="image_group" title="'.$title.'" href="' . ($m_source ? $m_source : DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image']) . '" alt="' . $product_info['products_name'] . '" target="_blank">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], $product_info['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"', false, 5) . '</a><br />'; 

to just b4 the

</tr><?php  echo '<tr><td class="smallText">' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</td></tr>'; ?>

line, but remembering to wrap that section in td tags & php delimiters.

Sam

Contributions:

you would need to move this section:

echo '<a  rel="image_group" title="'.$title.'" href="' . ($m_source ? $m_source : DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image']) . '" alt="' . $product_info['products_name'] . '" target="_blank">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], $product_info['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"', false, 5) . '</a><br />'; 

to just b4 the

</tr><?php  echo '<tr><td class="smallText">' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</td></tr>'; ?>

line, but remembering to wrap that section in td tags & php delimiters.

Fantastic! perfect thanks Sam

hi,

nice upgrade, thanks

after upgrading the contribution i noticed that the borders that i set on the product info image using the oscTumb contribution have gone.

i wonder if you could suggest me how can restore them back.

this is the code that is responsible for this (i will use here the old code for now):

<!-- Simple multi image addon -->

<div id="fancy">

<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" align="right">

<tr>

<td align="center" class="smallText">

<?php if (strlen($product_info['products_name']) > $max_title_length) { $title = wordwrap(htmlspecialchars($product_info['products_name']), $max_title_length, '<br>');

} else { $title = htmlspecialchars($product_info['products_name']); }

$m_source = ''; $thumb = (class_exists('oscthumb') && CFG_MASTER_SWITCH == 'On'); if ($thumb) { preg_match('/"([^"]+)"/',htmlentities ( tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'],'','','','','',5), ENT_NOQUOTES), $image); $m_source=str_replace('&','&',$image[1]); }

echo '<a rel="image_group" title="'.$title.'" href="' . ($m_source ? $m_source : DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image']) . '" alt="' . $product_info['products_name'] . '" target="_blank">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], $product_info['products_name'], PRODUCT_INFO_IMAGE_WIDTH, PRODUCT_INFO_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"', false, 5) . '<br /></a>';

if(!$vertical_format) { echo ''; $row = 1; reset($products_image_array); foreach($products_image_array as $value) {

if ($thumb) {

$source = ''; preg_match('/"([^"]+)"/',htmlentities ( tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $value,'','','','','',5), ENT_NOQUOTES), $image); $source=str_replace('&','&',$image[1]);

}

echo '<a rel="image_group" title="'.$title.'" href="' . ($source ? $source : DIR_WS_IMAGES . $value) . '" target="_blank">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $value, $product_info['products_name'], TINY_IMAGE_WIDTH, TINY_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '</a>';

++$row; if ($row > $image_group) { echo '<br />'; $row = 1; } } }

echo '</td>';

if($vertical_format) { echo '<td>'; $row = 1; reset($products_image_array); foreach($products_image_array as $value) {

if ($thumb) {

$source = ''; preg_match('/"([^"]+)"/',htmlentities ( tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $value,'','','','','',5), ENT_NOQUOTES), $image); $source=str_replace('&','&',$image[1]);

}

echo '<a rel="image_group" title="'.$title.'" href="' . ($source ? $source : DIR_WS_IMAGES . $value) . '" target="_blank">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $value, $product_info['products_name'], TINY_IMAGE_WIDTH, TINY_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '<br />' . '</a>';

++$row; if ($row > $image_group) { echo '</td><td>'; $row = 1; } } echo '</td>'; } ?>

<tr>

<td align="center" class="main"><?php echo TEXT_IMAGE_COMMENT; ?></td>

</tr>

</table>

</div>

<!-- EOF Simple multi image addon -->

Hi all!

I've got a bit of a problem! I've installed the contrib and from what I can see within the admin > categories is working fine.

The problem is with the product_info.php page. For some reason it was giving me an error of "Product not found" but I went over the instructions several times and now that message has gone and it's just displaying "Our Price: £0.00" and no product heading, info, pictures or anything! (See example: http://yourbrandoutlet.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=16 )

Now I uploaded the product_info.php file that came standard with this contrib.. but this also errors (No product name, images or prices) and the page has no header.php, the sideboxes are both below the page etc etc.

Just wondering if anyone with better programming ability would kindly offer me some help?

Thanks!

Hi all!

I've got a bit of a problem! I've installed the contrib and from what I can see within the admin > categories is working fine.

The problem is with the product_info.php page. For some reason it was giving me an error of "Product not found" but I went over the instructions several times and now that message has gone and it's just displaying "Our Price: £0.00" and no product heading, info, pictures or anything! (See example: http://yourbrandoutl...?products_id=16 )

Now I uploaded the product_info.php file that came standard with this contrib.. but this also errors (No product name, images or prices) and the page has no header.php, the sideboxes are both below the page etc etc.

Just wondering if anyone with better programming ability would kindly offer me some help?

Thanks!

The file is a standard rc2a file, if your site is a template from somewhere else, they are often badly hacked around, so are incompatible with contribs, try on a stock rc2a install. wink.gif

Sam

Contributions:

Spooks,

I really like the added images with the fancy box contrib you created here. :thumbsup:

In addition, I think a great addition to it is a modified layout on the product info page similar to http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6505/v,22 . As an example I have seen it here: http://homelightingtoday.com/product_info.php?cPath=34_96&products_id=47838 but with the add to cart in the right side box like here: http://www.gothiccabinetcraft.com/shou-cafe-sofa-p-3204.html?cPath=159_160

I have tried to combine it but it is over my head. I had posted this in another forum but realized that I should have posted it here. :blush:

I can do the graphics icons and create some pretty descent ones but the code I am not qualified to do.

Charles