• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Simple Multi Image Add-on (Un-Limited) with FancyBox Popups

spooks

o:) I honestly, honestly thought I did. Honestly! Does the "I'm a girl" excuse count?

Now it ate my white background set in Center_Shop - off to find where to change that.

But seriously. I initially had my own test shop on Bigware, then by chance stumbled upon osCommerce when I was asked to rescue another site. And just the add-ons and forums? Make osCommerce win hands down. So I will be moving my own shop to OS as well. Soon. When I am done practicing these thingies.

THANK YOU!

innocent.gif I honestly, honestly thought I did. Honestly! Does the "I'm a girl" excuse count?

Now it ate my white background set in Center_Shop - off to find where to change that.

But seriously. I initially had my own test shop on Bigware, then by chance stumbled upon osCommerce when I was asked to rescue another site. And just the add-ons and forums? Make osCommerce win hands down. So I will be moving my own shop to OS as well. Soon. When I am done practicing these thingies.

THANK YOU!

Ok wink.gif

Some tips, u said you installed osCThumb, assuming that was all done OK, it would appear u have'nt enabled it in admin, do so, your page will load an awfull lot quicker!!

Your images are too big, I would recommend no larger than 800x600 with average jpg compression, poeple wont wait that long for a page to load!!

If u have photoshop, its save for web option is invaluble, shows u how big, how long & ensures valid filenames. smile.gif

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

See, switching it on might have been an idea. Was distracted by forum.... cannot do two things at the same time. Images are only taken from other site for now, will definitely be smaller eventually; this is my test product to see how the add-ons work out.

Any clue why it ate white shop background on product pages?

Shop background is set in /includes/languages/english/center_shop.php. /catalog/includes/header.php and /catalog/includes/footer.php take their cue from there, and there is one extra line in /includes/languages/english.php.

See, switching it on might have been an idea. Was distracted by forum.... cannot do two things at the same time. Images are only taken from other site for now, will definitely be smaller eventually; this is my test product to see how the add-ons work out.

Any clue why it ate white shop background on product pages?

Shop background is set in /includes/languages/english/center_shop.php. /catalog/includes/header.php and /catalog/includes/footer.php take their cue from there, and there is one extra line in /includes/languages/english.php.

!st I note you have enabled filename encryption in oscThumb, if you view the latest posts on the oscThumb thread there are issues with that causing images to fail, best turn that option off for now.

I`ve not looked at the contrib you`ve used for center shop, but can tell from your post its way OTT therefore likely to fail.

This contrib details the easy way, including size & background color. http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1485

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Nope, problem still there. I am now on the Easy Centershop you suggested (which is way easier, thank you very much).

General site looks the way it is meant to. Product page does not.

It is something in product_info.php or related JS. Tried placing original file without Fancy on server - background white. The product_info that came with extract... background see-through.

Any clue what is bugging it? Otherwise I need to de-install contrib again and look for another way to add more than one product image in a pretty way.

Off to bed now; I do need sleep after all, what a surprise!

Nope, problem still there. I am now on the Easy Centershop

1. you havent added that correctly, the divs do not exist in header/footer, if they did you could add styles to the content class to fix this issue.

ie

#content {
width: 900; margin: auto;
border: 1px solid #999999;
text-align:center;
background: #ffffff;
}

You just need to add a background: #ffffff;, but if u don`t add the layers....

As it is, giving your body table a class main, u could then add

TABLE#main {background: #ffffff;}

2. Your issues with the background only occur with firefox, its OK with ie, this is since you have invalid code, ie ignores but firefox is bothered. You have tags in uppercase, or even mixed, they must all be in lower. Validate your pages at w3c to ensure u fix all such.

Sam

Contributions:

IMAGE DOES NOT EXIST

You have made errors, the code will work fine as is. Check your destination sub-dir exists.

I note if you post the code from the forum strait into some editors, it may cause loss of line breaks, paste into wordpad, then re-copy & past into your editor.

When u click on preview u should get the message Success: File upload saved successfully. if all is well.

once pics are added the extra path will appear as part of filename shown on the edit page.

Also as the path is contained within the filename there is no need for any other changes, that includes the delete section.

Thanks You very much. It working now. I just follow your instruction how to copy paste from this post.

Happy because learn some new metode to copy paste :)

Thank Spook! :)

Rocdy

Beginner in php programming and still learning from this forums.

Special thanks for Oscommerce Community Forums that help me a lot. :-)

I uploaded three aditional photos per product but on clicking only one is shown.

If you are seeing the additional images in admin but do not see them on your product_info.php page its most likely you have missed off some code for product_info.php.

You should see tiny thumbnails of your additional images either below or to the right of your main image.

The navigation buttons will only appear when there are extra images to navigate to, if none appear u have errors stopping thier apperance.

Try using the included product_info.php file.

I didn't noticed this before but I don't see additional images in admin panel though it says Upload Sucessfull in green above header and also see the images in images folder from FTP. I crossed check twice and confirmed that I have included all codes in product_info file. Also checked my categories.php file in admin folder.

This is the site I am working on: http://www.myintimatedesire.com/product_info.php?cPath=62&products_id=225

Okay, added the extra code for Easy Center, I think. Just used their basic install before. But this is getting weird. I don't have upper case tags. I used aborange to make sure, and it tells me no MARGINWIDTH to be found anywhere. Only when I upload does WC3 give me those errors. I use Dreamweaver for editing.

Will this solve my problem (though not fixing whatever errors WC3 sees)? If yes, please tell me exact code to place where. I am losing track of my docs and code. Have I mentioned yet that I know HTML and that's it?

Bah - time difference, you guys will be asleep! Let's see if I can do a clean test shop once more, then again go through each step to see if that works; and use Notepad instead of Dreamweaver to be sure.

Edited by 11m2.de

Okay, added the extra code for Easy Center, I think. Just used their basic install before. But this is getting weird. I don't have upper case tags. I used aborange to make sure, and it tells me no MARGINWIDTH to be found anywhere. Only when I upload does WC3 give me those errors. I use Dreamweaver for editing.

Will this solve my problem (though not fixing whatever errors WC3 sees)? If yes, please tell me exact code to place where. I am losing track of my docs and code. Have I mentioned yet that I know HTML and that's it?

Bah - time difference, you guys will be asleep! Let's see if I can do a clean test shop once more, then again go through each step to see if that works; and use Notepad instead of Dreamweaver to be sure.

Ok in product_info.php find:

<!-- body //-->
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="3" cellpadding="3">

change to

<!-- body //-->
<table class="main" border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="3" cellpadding="3">

Then adding

TABLE.main {background: #ffffff;}

to your css will give the white background (I put # b4, wrong, its . )

Sam

Contributions:

It's a miracle! A miracle! :D

I was actually waiting for a new DB on my own server to set-up, trying to do a complete clean re-install. Still advisable due to all those WC3 errors? This is supposed to become a template eventually, so it will be used more often...

But seriously, why are you awake? Aren't you in US? I usually prefer US forums to DE, talking code just seems easier in English to me...

You are a star, thanks. ;D

Hach, almost miracle. Now for those 20px to be white as well...

oscommerce_footer.jpg

(P.S. Don't you hate people like me who know no SQL or PHP? Really, I am winging it here.)

Edited by 11m2.de

I note you still have an issue with the footer, but also u seem to have added some tables.

In your header u have

<table width="800" align="center" bgcolor="" border="2" bordercolor="5E4F2B" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" >

change that to

<table class="main" width="800" align="center" bgcolor="" border="2" bordercolor="5E4F2B" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" >

should sort it

PS I'm from UK, so not that far!!

Edited by spooks

Sam

Contributions:

Yay to the UK! Lucky me. :) It's all pretty now. I am happy. Off to do some fine-tuning now. Then back-up shop... and see what happens if I take those file on to a new shop with different images and DB.

One more Firefox problem, then I am done. Really, I promise.

Border is different on product_info than rest of site. Again only in Firefox, IE looks fine, Opera etc haven't checked.

Never mind; set it to 2px now, and difference is so little... I'll live with it. I now have it like this:

#content {

width: 800; margin: auto;

border: 0px solid #5E4F2B;

text-align:left;

}

TABLE.main {

background: #ffffff;

border: 2px solid #5E4F2B;

}

Edited by 11m2.de

Border is different on product_info than rest of site. Again only in Firefox, IE looks fine, Opera etc haven't checked.

Its as product_info has a diffedrent doc-type to the rest of your site, set them all the same, but remember there is a restricted set for FancyBox to work

Edited by spooks

Sam

Contributions:

I changed the index.php doctype, now it seems to works fine; it was missing http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd" which is included in product_info.php. And I have a headache... :) Still fiddling with all settings to have it ready. And then... hopefully copy all files to another server, change some files - and have a working copy of this shop.

In case I need to move server (or copy and modify current shop for myself), is it enough to copy all files and folders and modify configure.php, or do I also need to run the SQL queries for the add-ons?

In case I need to move server (or copy and modify current shop for myself), is it enough to copy all files and folders and modify configure.php, or do I also need to run the SQL queries for the add-ons?

When your ready to move, just make a backup of you dBase (best use backup utils detailed here) then simply do a restore at your new server. That will then include any changes u have done to the dbase.

Sam

Contributions:

And if I need to use this as a template for a different store, just run the SQLs after copying all files to new server, right?

If you are using a new dbase, yes, otherwise just restore your backup.

Sam

Contributions:

Sam, you are turning into my hero by now. Stumbled across your security thread by chance as well. :) Now admin is renamed, folder permission is set to 755, files to 644, config to 444, filemanager and definelanguage deleted, and code changed where necessary... Hopefully I can sleep better now.

Transferred shop to another db without a glitch as well; now have an empty db backup and template here to use on future sites.

Me happy - thanks again!

Edited by 11m2.de

I have a problem whit the install.

Evert ting looks fine whit the install.

My problem come when i open the image. then i get thus error.

JFIF;CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 95 C C " }!1AQa"q2#BR$3br %&'()*456789:CDEFGHIJSTUVW

Any one have some tips.

I have trayed the product_info.php that followed. but the same error.

Hi,

great add-on, everything is working fine, but when I upload additional product images still only first product image is shown. No navigation in popup window, no added images on product info page. Images are uploaded, database entry is added. The same situation occures when I use both included product_info.php and categories.php files. I read whole this topic but didn't find the answer. Any ideas? Thanks.

Hi,

great add-on, everything is working fine, but when I upload additional product images still only first product image is shown. No navigation in popup window, no added images on product info page. Images are uploaded, database entry is added. The same situation occures when I use both included product_info.php and categories.php files. I read whole this topic but didn't find the answer. Any ideas? Thanks.

You have made errors somewhere, perhaps u failed to upload changed files?

Check you see new images within admin first.

Check images are uploaded. Check within phpMyAdmin that data is altered.

Check u applied the included sql.

Sam

Contributions: