• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Please review my site

alexsimon23

Hey everyone, please take a look at my first store I just launched last week.

www DOT hollywoodbreastforms DOT com

There's a few things I still want to tweak, but it's probably 90% there now. I'd like to group my product listing by sub-category instead of alphabetically, but I'm still having trouble figuring out the php for that.

Cheers,

Alex

Hi, I noticed a few things:

You should add meta data to all product pages, try this add on: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5851.

Your account pages aren't SSL protected.

Where do I go to create an account? right now I have to buy in order to create one.

You should make your payment methods clear either in FAQ or in an extra information page.

I cannot find a way of contacting you other than through the email in the footer and a number in FAQ, in my opinion you should add a contact us page with a name, adress and phone number.

Your site fits your products, I quite like the layout although I would probably re think the purple banner, but it's just my opinion. Your products are clearly described and your photos are good but some image pop ups are very big, I would resize some of them.

~ Don't mistake my kindness for weakness ~

Hi, I noticed a few things:

Thank you so much for reviewing our site.

You should add meta data to all product pages, try this add on: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5851.

Will do.

Your account pages aren't SSL protected.

We don't have account pages. See the next point.

Where do I go to create an account? right now I have to buy in order to create one.

Because some of our clientele is sensitive about their information (ordering cross-dressing products secretly), we are not asking our consumers to create accounts unless they purchase something. We used No Account to make a "fast checkout". Do you think creating an account is something some consumers want to do? We will definitely consider putting the option back in if you think that's a turn-off.

You should make your payment methods clear either in FAQ or in an extra information page.

Great idea. Will do.

I cannot find a way of contacting you other than through the email in the footer and a number in FAQ, in my opinion you should add a contact us page with a name, adress and phone number.

Email is our only contact. We do not have a phone number or address for the store.

Your site fits your products, I quite like the layout although I would probably re think the purple banner, but it's just my opinion. Your products are clearly described and your photos are good but some image pop ups are very big, I would resize some of them.

We are planning to add pictures to the purple banner like herlook.com. We made the pop-ups really big on purpose so people could see the detail. (It's a pet-peave of mine when I click to enlarge and it doesn't get very big.)

You pointed out a lot of things that we considered while we were making the site, and we defended our choices to each other, so I guess I feel compelled to defend our choices to you also. =) I really appreciate your feedback.

Cheers,

Alex

We don't have account pages. See the next point.

When I put an item in the cart and head for checkout, I am taken to create_account.php where I'm supposed to enter my name and address, that one should be SSL'd in my opinion.

Do you think creating an account is something some consumers want to do? We will definitely consider putting the option back in if you think that's a turn-off.

Some people will argue that it's a turn off, others won't, personally I like having the possibility of creating an account at a store for a later potential purchase.

Email is our only contact. We do not have a phone number or address for the store.

Some people will not trust a store if they can't have a way of contacting a sales person other than through email. Emails can be ignored, get lost in spam boxes or whatever, if I have a problem with an order I want to speak to the person directly.

We made the pop-ups really big on purpose so people could see the detail. (It's a pet-peave of mine when I click to enlarge and it doesn't get very big.)

What I meant is they should all be the same size, some are very large, others not.

I feel compelled to defend our choices to you also.

There's no need to defend your choices to me, it's your site, ultimately it's your decision, I was just voicing my opinion. :)

~ Don't mistake my kindness for weakness ~

Archived