• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

usps shipping not working

livingingc

i get this error

United States Postal Service United States Postal Service

An error occured with the USPS shipping calculations.

If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.

for the user id in the admin panel i put the username.. is that right? or is it a number. and where do i get this number its nowhere to be seen on my usps account page.

i get this error

United States Postal Service United States Postal Service

An error occured with the USPS shipping calculations.

If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.

for the user id in the admin panel i put the username.. is that right? or is it a number. and where do i get this number its nowhere to be seen on my usps account page.

i just realized that you have to register for WebTools at the usps website. Im waiting for my userid to be sent. Hopefully it works.

ok so i have my user id and password, put them into the boxes.. and still an error.. my email says its under testing mode until i tell them that its working.. but its not working.. is the url in the script maybe the live version? and i have to switch it with the testing url for it to work? and how do i do that.

• 3 weeks later...
ok so i have my user id and password, put them into the boxes.. and still an error.. my email says its under testing mode until i tell them that its working.. but its not working.. is the url in the script maybe the live version? and i have to switch it with the testing url for it to work? and how do i do that.

I have run into the same issue, and I changed the code in usps.php to use the 'testing' server, and 'testing' API and still it states there is an error. Any ideas where to look???

Rusty

Edited by rusty105

I have run into the same issue, and I changed the code in usps.php to use the 'testing' server, and 'testing' API and still it states there is an error. Any ideas where to look???

Rusty

Make sure your shipping zip code is set correctly. I had this problem when I tried to use my 9-digit zip. When I put in the 5-digit zip it worked.

I'm having the same problem. I put in my USPS User ID and password and selected test... but when I test I get the same text that's found in shipping_usps_error. I'm new to usps module, so I'm unclear how it should function. I'm guessing that when it's in test mode it should display the shipping options.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Ken

Please note: I just realized this was in the 2.x section. I am having this problem with 3.0.

Edited by kmerting

I have had usps installed for over a year now and just in the past few days it stopped working. It is telling my customers to contact me. Is anyone else having this issue? I am also running MVS and haven't had an issue until now.