• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Print Shipping Labels for UPS, FedEx and/or USPS

tdavid

I have a new OsCommerce site transferred from Yahoo store, currently the OsComerce store has 3 Shipping Contributions made for OsCommerce

1. USPS (suppose to print but does not work

2. UPS (only provides rates)

3. FedEx (only provides rates)

Ultimately what I like to do is, to offer the customer 2 options, and at the backend allow the Admin to print the Shipping labels from the order window (just Like the USPS contribution) without re-entering the customer’s shipping information.

It’s been very difficult to get straight answer if label printing from B2B 6.3 CRE loaded is supported, or possible?

Can somebody help to direct me in the right direction, or if you have past experience and like to offer your services, that’s fine too.

To get an Idea what is installed, take a look at the site create a dummy user account and login.

http://www.weddring.com/product_info.php?products_id=457

Thank you in advance for your help.

David T.

Thanks for the information, I am %99 sure it is the same one installed on my site, is there a way to confirm which one I have?

David T

I have a new OsCommerce site transferred from Yahoo store, currently the OsComerce store has 3 Shipping Contributions made for OsCommerce

Ultimately what I like to do is, to offer the customer 2 options, and at the backend allow the Admin to print the Shipping labels from the order window (just Like the USPS contribution) without re-entering the customer’s shipping information.

It’s been very difficult to get straight answer if label printing from B2B 6.3 CRE loaded is supported, or possible?

Can somebody help to direct me in the right direction, or if you have past experience and like to offer your services, that’s fine too.

To get an Idea what is installed, take a look at the site create a dummy user account and login.

David T.

This overwhelming B) comunity "support" <_< makes me wonder if osCommerce site operators owners ship products which they sell ?

Programming skills are required for anything but a simple stock installation. Otherwise the smartest thing is to hire somebody to customize it to your business.

Hi David,

I have a customer who is interested in moving their yahoo store over to us. I've been trying to find some specific info on how to successfully migrate the store over to an osc shop. Could you give me any pointers on how you accomplished this? Also the way the store is currently set up in yahoo, when the buyer places an order the ups shipment is created automatically in the store owner's ups account and they simply print the label. They don't have to do any entry at the ups site. I'm hopeful that the same process can be accomplished here.

Thanks,

Chris

David T.

Hi,

Like any ecommerce store the backbone is the catalog database. (images, price, description), the key is exporting all that information from Yahoo store (XML or CSV) and download product images before you pull the plug, the rest is simple, import the table to your store and upload the images. using the Auto Populate every item will be up and running in no time (make sure the item names and images are named accordingly). Don't bother transferring the design, buy yourself a template and you’re done.

In regards to Shipping labels? I was hopping that you may have the answer :)

I am still searching for the answer, and already have regrets about shipping solutions offered with OsComerce, not sure perhaps I will switch to another platform I can not resolve the label printing challenge,

Hi David,

I have a customer who is interested in moving their yahoo store over to us. I've been trying to find some specific info on how to successfully migrate the store over to an osc shop. Could you give me any pointers on how you accomplished this? Also the way the store is currently set up in yahoo, when the buyer places an order the ups shipment is created automatically in the store owner's ups account and they simply print the label. They don't have to do any entry at the ups site. I'm hopeful that the same process can be accomplished here.

Thanks,

Chris

I haven't seen the backend of the yahoo store, so I'm hoping that the dbase export is a fairly simple process. Can you tell me, did you have product attributes for each of your products (color, size, etc.)? Also, you mentioned Auto Populate, did you mean Easy Populate? I couldn't find any contribution called Auto Populate.

As for the shipping, I've downloaded the 2 main UPS contributions and will install and experiment with them over the next few days. I'll post back with any findings.

Thanks,

Chris

Hi,

Like any ecommerce store the backbone is the catalog database. (images, price, description), the key is exporting all that information from Yahoo store (XML or CSV) and download product images before you pull the plug, the rest is simple, import the table to your store and upload the images. using the Auto Populate every item will be up and running in no time (make sure the item names and images are named accordingly). Don't bother transferring the design, buy yourself a template and you’re done.

In regards to Shipping labels? I was hopping that you may have the answer :)

I am still searching for the answer, and already have regrets about shipping solutions offered with OsComerce, not sure perhaps I will switch to another platform I can not resolve the label printing challenge,

Chris,

Check this URL they also offer the store transfer service, http://www.yourstorewizards.com/manual.html or you can purchase the utility (it use to be free) but any way you can download from the store panel also

Apologies, yes it is easy populate.

David T.

I haven't seen the backend of the yahoo store, so I'm hoping that the dbase export is a fairly simple process. Can you tell me, did you have product attributes for each of your products (color, size, etc.)? Also, you mentioned Auto Populate, did you mean Easy Populate? I couldn't find any contribution called Auto Populate.

As for the shipping, I've downloaded the 2 main UPS contributions and will install and experiment with them over the next few days. I'll post back with any findings.

Thanks,

Chris

David,

Thanks for the link. I'll see what they have to offer. I just started experimenting with Easy Populate. I have it successfully installed on a test site and it seems to work ok.

-Chris

Chris,

Check this URL they also offer the store transfer service, http://www.yourstorewizards.com/manual.html or you can purchase the utility (it use to be free) but any way you can download from the store panel also

Apologies, yes it is easy populate.

David T.

If you can do it, here is the link, bid on it, budgeted for up to $700.00 here:

http://www.scriptlance.com/projects/125273...ng%20automation.

or google it, eproject name: To install USPS and FedEx Label print automation solution.

And continuing about the last part of your coment natrium42 here is th einitial post I do not see the word "For Free"

at any rate, my goal is to get the project done, even if I have to bump some time to get attention or to make sure that

I am not the only one here :)

Here is the initial post

"I have a new OsCommerce site transferred from Yahoo store, currently the OsComerce store has 3 Shipping Contributions made for OsCommerce

David T.

:angry: Shipping label printintig automation, anybody!