Latest News: (loading..)
kymation

[Contribution] Documents Manager

That maintains security, which was the primary concern. I don't see any other disadvantages. Maybe I should modify the Distribution files -- if I ever get the time.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

This is a great add-on but I seem to be having the same problem to some of the others.

As I am not a programmer can you please let me know which file I need to correct

When viewing a item for sale that has .pdf associated with it the link is incorrect

The link is catalog/DIR_WS_DOCUMENTSmanuals/RC Universe Online Review - Crawler.pdf

When it should be /catalog/documents/manuals/RC Universe Online Review - Crawler.pdf

Thank you anyone that can help with this

DIR_WS_DOCUMENTS should be defined in your includes/configure.php. See the files in the distribution for the exact code.

Regards

Jim

Thank you for that Jim, I thought I had added it but the file permission on that file did not allow the writing of my first changes. So have now made sure my changes worked and all is good...

Many thanks for a fantastic add on

Thanks Troy

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the contribution, the concept is excellent!

I, however, seem to have missed a step somewhere which i hope you can help me with ... in your instruction file you say:

3.1 Admin Configuration

The Documents Manager Admin Configuration is available at Admin =>

Configuration => Document Manager. See the admin_config.jpg screenshot.

3.2 Admin Document Manager

The Documents Manager Admin documents page is available at Admin =>

Configuration => Document Manager. See the admin.jpg screenshot.

Please excuse my ignorance, but i can't seem to upload or associate any of my files to a product, i'm not sure but it seems to me that i may be missing a php file called "new documents" or something? I have reinstalled your contribution 4 times, i'd really like to get it to work, but its just this last (and crucial step) which i can't seem to get right.

I have the Documents manager in admin and the Document type in catalog --> but i can't seem to get "new documents upload/delete/edit" page!

Thanks!

I have no idea; I've never seen it do that. Do the documents show up correctly on the Product Info page for that product?

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim,

Thank you for still giving support, from what i've seen in these forums the contributor usually gets alot of grief on their contributions and they abondon their projects.

I can't get the upload screen so i can't upload via admin, i've tried copying a temp.pdf file into one of the documents/folders to see if that may trigger something but still no luck (i'm testing on my localhost), as i can't associate the file to a product.

I'm going to try do a test run by replacing my modified files with your files in the contribution. I may have a another contribution which is clashing with yours, then I'll reinstall the other contributions.

I'll let you know what my findings are ... if i find anything.

Hi Jim,

I am the "missing link" your contribution works GREAT! ... my apologies ... to anyone else who may have the same problem of reading that i have and cannot get to the upload screen ... as Jim's instructions say:

3.2.5 Working with Documents

To add, remove, or edit documents in a Document Type, click on the folder

icon to the left of the type name.

This is literal ... go to Admin --> Catalog --> Document Manager ... you see the little folder in the first column NEXT to say "Brochures" click on it!

Jim, thanks again for the support and a very wicked contribution!

Glad to hear you got it working. Don't feel too bad about missing a step; what is obvious to me may be completely obscure to someone else. It's always good to learn where there are things that I might need to make clearer.

Regards

Jim

Hi Kymation,

I need a similar contribution like this. But I need the downloable documentes attached to orders (like invoices, picking lists, RMAS, issues, etc). This because I created them with othe software outside oscommerce admin.

Can you suggest me a contibution that makes that.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry, I'm not aware of anything that does what you want.

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim,

I have installed this contribution into 2.3.1 and it works (with a couple of glitches still to work out)

Now the problem I am having is similar to the above poster with this error:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, admin@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

I have checked everything. The file is in the correct location, size and also the link is correct

Any ideas???

Thanks

Mark

Bootstrap 3 ROCKS!

(or it will if I ever get my head around it lol)

(and I think I have now (w00t) )

That error is usually caused by something in the .htaccess file. I don't know exactly what part your server is having a problem with. As a first-approximation guess, try commenting out the last 4 lines and see what happens.

Regards

Jim

That error is usually caused by something in the .htaccess file. I don't know exactly what part your server is having a problem with. As a first-approximation guess, try commenting out the last 4 lines and see what happens.

Regards

Jim

Thank you Jim that worked.

Bootstrap 3 ROCKS!

(or it will if I ever get my head around it lol)

(and I think I have now (w00t) )

Hi i have a modified version osc2.3.1. What code from each file should I add / replace. Do you have a document that explains how to do this please. Or do you know of a program that can compare file to see whats different.

DJ

Edited by djramm

There are many comparison programs that you can use. I have used Meld and Winmerge. This page lists a number of others you can try.

Regards

Jim

A 2.3.1 Contribution would be most welcome - anyone.

Changes or variation such as includes/boxes.. when on 2.3.1 its includes/modules/boxes...

Never the less if any 2.3.1 users have this running and can jot some instructions down for the rest of us that would be SWEEET!

A 2.3.1 Contribution would be most welcome - anyone.

Changes or variation such as includes/boxes.. when on 2.3.1 its includes/modules/boxes...

Never the less if any 2.3.1 users have this running and can jot some instructions down for the rest of us that would be SWEEET!

OK ALL RUNNING PERFECTLY ON 2.3.1- YES!! - NOTE: I did not install the document.php or the instructions.php (catalog\includes\boxes)

HI!

'Delete' is not working.

I can't delete the uploaded file. It can delete the title and the sort order; it also deletes it from the web page till you click 'Update'. But in doesn't delete it from the server. Help !

George

Jim can you correct me if im wrong.

I have about 100 products and many carry a PDF. Unfortunatley many items have a similar name but are under different manufacturers.

I have enclosed a pic of my admin area where you select the product to associate the file with.

You will notice that it lists all the products.

What I need is a drill down style menu. as like the categories menu otherswise is an absolute nightmare.

pls help JIM

This Addon uses a products pulldown similar to other parts of osCommerce. Converting that pulldown to order the products by category would add complexity to the form and slow down the generation of the data. This could be a serious problem for a large store. It's certainly possible to do that though.

Regards

Jim

Yes agreed, however it could be a two stage process - a first drop drop for the manufacturer/ or cataegory - then the second for the product listing (avoiding being greeted by 100+ products bearing similar names).

- an additon would be to have a upload doc link on the product page too, in order to "kill two brids" - and without having to exit the product page.

coded in categories - no function attached.

The two-stage selection would need AJAX code to reload with the correct products, or a reload of the entire page. It would still slow things down, but not as much. Maybe.

Regards

Jim

Hi All,

I've tried to install the contribution on a v2.3.1 install, but struggling a little.

I don't appear to have a includes/column_left.php to amend, can anyone advise ??

Also should the ammendment to includes/boxes/information.php be made to includes/modules/boxes/bm_information.php

thanks

Ken

Edited by kenkja

Os-commerce v2.3.3

Security Pro v11

Site Monitor

IP Trap

htaccess Protection

Bad Behaviour Block

Year Make Model

Document Manager

X Sell