Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

filsdefils

Feedback on my site please

Hello everybody,

could you give me your feedback about my website: http://www.videogamesgoodies.com/

This site is both in french and english languages, but the main public is french. It's very probable that's the english side contains many language errors.

Concerning SSL, I will configure this in the next weeks.

Thanks in advance,

white and really not exciting... where all colours?

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

Hello everybody,

could you give me your feedback about my website: http://www.videogamesgoodies.com/

This site is both in french and english languages, but the main public is french. It's very probable that's the english side contains many language errors.

Concerning SSL, I will configure this in the next weeks.

Thanks in advance,

Some suggestions for you..

1. Try decreasing or removing the shadow on the rounded edges (everywhere) it's a bit of an overkill
  2. Try changing the font via CSS to Tahoma or Verdana or Lucida. It'll make your site look much better
  3. Derivation of first point, too many rounded edges.. try using it on one area only.. like header only.. or left menu only...

Cheers.. and good luck..

Converge

Thanks for these first feedback.

The current site is the V2. The first version was a typical OsCommerce shop, I mean left/right columns with lot of boxes.

For this version, I have removed the right column and even both columns for the checkout pages.

Concerning the design, I would like to do something clear and simple, as google, yahoo or ebay that's why it's little bit white :-)

Don't hesitate to let your feedback, and go deeper in my site (What do you think of the index pages? of the checkout pages? product info page?, ...). It's useful for me to understand the feeling of people who go on my website.

I feel like your design does not match your market. You are selling to gadget geeks and gamers. the yellow bubbly look seems more like a toy store to me. a site like THIS seems more to be towards your market audience.. maybe remove the rounded corners and change the color and I feel more like its a gamer's website. Silvers, Blacks, Reds.. even BLUE is more of an appropriate color.. or if you have your HEART set on the yellow, remove the rounded corners everywhere

I do like your icons, but it seems liek you have them EVERYWHERE and that removes the function of the icon -w hich it to catch your attention. It feels like my attention is being pulled everywhere.

your descriptions seem a little OFF..

How to not crack with this art figure of Bart Simpson, clever mix of trendy object and popular object?

In our case, we have already cracked.

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

For a techie store it looks too kid like. If you were selling your childrens toys the look of your site would be great. Saying that, i like the way that you have presented all the central boxes on your home page. Was that a contriibution, or did you code it all. Your informations page is very out of date. Just read the text and see for yourself.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Get the latest Responsive osCommerce CE (community edition) here

It's very easy to over complicate what are simple things in life

Your informations page is very out of date. Just read the text and see for yourself.

Having a tab called Informations is not the correct use of English. It should be information.

A quick look reveals no ssl certificate. I would not put my personal information in a site that is not encrypted.

The Coopco Underwear Shop

If you live to be 100 years of age, that means you have lived for 36,525 days. Don't waste another, there aren't many left.

For a techie store it looks too kid like. If you were selling your childrens toys the look of your site would be great. Saying that, i like the way that you have presented all the central boxes on your home page. Was that a contriibution, or did you code it all.

I've just installed the STS contribution, now it will be easier for me to change the shop design. I will follow your and Lyndsay advices, ie modifying the look and give to my site a more gamer design. I will up this post in the next days/weeks to ask again your opinions ;-)

Concerning your question, I've used the jquery coda-slider plug-in (http://www.ndoherty.com/demos/coda-slider/1.1.1/) on my index pages for the bottom tabs.

I dont think you need go to all the trouble of installing STS, what you need to do is to change the yellow to a blue or grey, and do a new header image to reflect the new colours.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Get the latest Responsive osCommerce CE (community edition) here

It's very easy to over complicate what are simple things in life

How did you get the links in your flash movie to work? I'm pretty much stuck with mine. Thanks.

Hello,

I've used the following contribution: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6238

But I've performed many modifications. In the back office, I select the picture of my choice and its associated link. So it's not a flash movie, it's a kind of slideshow using jquery.

Regards.

Speaking to the layout, function and balance, this site is one of the nicer OSC sites I have seen. You have done a very nice job of keeping spacing, margins and picture thumbnails looking pleasing and consistent. The whole way you have installed the big display, the tabs and slider functions make it very easy to see what you are selling and really facilitates viewing. You managed to get a ton of information and products displayed right on the front page without it looking cluttered.

You have a great sense of balance, and there are a lot of sites that could emulate what you have done. What I would do is to work on the blue headers and tabs with the white text. Experiment with something 3 dimensional, and not so typically rounded at the corners.

Oscommerce site:

OSC to CSS, http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7263 -Mail Manager, http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8120